Chapter 10: Muunilinst, the Banking Clan and the Bounty Hunter

Y/N POV

Only a few weeks had passed since the battle of Geonosis and already the Clone War as it had been named, had spread across the galaxy. My ship production orders had TRIPLED and our factories were now churning out vessels to serve the new army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems!

The Galactic Republic weren't making things easy though. I soon found out those white-clad soldier that appeared were CLONES of Jango Fett no less. Following that large battle, many broke out on various key systems to both sides of the conflict. Which of course, leads me to where I was now.

Muunilinst, home of the Muun and the headquarters of sorts, for the Intergalactic Banking Clan!

Why was I here? Simple, to protect a valued asset to my own Intergalactic Shipwright's Guild. Years before the events on Geonosis, the two corporations had been in a mutually beneficial arrangement. We supplied them with frigates at a significant discount and they provided us with a stable supply of credits. Suffice it to say, it was an asset I didn't want to lose!

I'd travelled with several ships to the system and ordered my ships to aid in the orbital defence. Meanwhile I travelled down to the planet's surface to the city of Harnaidan. And it was upon my arrival I finally found Hill and his aides surrounding a large holo-table.

Upon approaching, San Hill turned and glared at me snapping "Where have you been?!" I raised an eyebrow in annoyance "Getting past the chaos. It seems I arrived just in time." My attention turned to the table, showing the city and the approaching Republic forces.

Hill asked "Where are the reinforcements you promised?" I responded to this, explaining "My ships have engaged the Republic fleet in orbit. That should even the playing field up there and prevent them sending any more reinforcements down here." Hill nodded saying "You had better be right."

Looking around, I noticed various Muun surrounded the table all high ranking Banking Clan officials, there was also a Neimoidian, likely a Trade Federation representative here for the same purpose as me.

The sound of a distant explosion could be heard, making the room we were in shake. One of the aides began to panic asking "How long do you think we'll be able to hold out down here?" I was on the hologram as Republic Gunships flew into the city, being fired on from the buildings.

Turning to Hill, I asked "What defences do you have within the city?" Hill explained "We have heavy artillery cannons that can hold their aerial and ground forces at bay, there are also snipers in some of the buildings to deal with their Clone troopers."

I placed my hand under my chin "And that's on top of the usual droid battalions as well? Sounds efficient." In truth, I had my doubts about these defences. From the hologram, I could already tell the Republic's numbers were vast. And their troops were getting closer and closer to the city itself. Once there they'd be below the artillery line and it would be the job of the snipers and the infantry. 

This didn't take too long either. The more time passed, the more I began to doubt our abilities to hold the city. Their own artillery continued to fire from the city's outskirts however I soon saw other bits of fire within the city.

It was safe to assume some soldiers had slipped past the cannon and had entered the city. It was at this point, my attention turned to another figure in the room. One I'd noticed earlier but since my arrival here, he'd been entirely silent, not contributing anything.

He was a huge hulking figure who definitely gave off an intimidating presence. Armour covered his body as well meaning I couldn't tell what species he was, but judging by his build, I doubted he was human or even Muun for that matter.

That provoked me to gesture to him and ask Hill "Who's that over there?" Hill scowled, I could tell who he was bothered at the figure's presence. Even his response sounded annoyed "A Bounty Hunter Count Dooku dispatched here. 'Durge' or something like that. Not much good he's done, he hasn't contributed anything!"

My eyes widened, I'd heard of the Bounty Hunter Durge. Just never seen any visual presence of him. A Gen'Dai who was known for his ruthlessness and efficiency rivalling that of Jango Fett. He was an esteemed warrior who could go tow-to-tow with Jedi and those Mandalorians which was nothing to laugh at.

Image of Durge:

Turning back to the Bounty Hunter, I greeted "I see

Turning back to the Bounty Hunter, I greeted "I see. I've heard about you. It's an honour to meet you in person. I look forward to seeing if your reputation has any accuracy towards it." Much like with Jango, I was intrigued to see this Bounty Hunter in action. If I was impressed, there may just be an opportunity for him to be an asset.

Durge didn't respond verbally however he did nod in acknowledgement at my words. This made San Hill scoff however and comment "See? This is all he's done since he arrived here. Stand there in silence while the rest of us try to plan!"

One of the Muun aides pointed at the Republic's artillery on the hologram and said "Those guns are destroying our forward positions! The Republic is breaking through!" As if on cue, there was another loud explosion, this one much closer as it completely shook the room, the only ones who didn't flinch were myself and Durge.

Another of the aides turned to me and Hill and informed "Sirs, our cannon at the base of the tower as been destroyed." A third aide added "Their range is greater than we thought. It must be their artillery!" Sure enough, looking at the hologram, I saw a plume of smoke coming from the base of the Banking Clan's main tower where we were all held up.

Hill began shaking his head panicking. "What are we going to do, what are we going to do!" He then spun around, pointed at Durge and narrowed his eyes as he snapped "I don't know why Dooku sent you here if all you're going to do is stand arou-!"

He didn't get chance to finish his rant as Durge lashed out and grabbed the Banking Clan's chairman by the neck. Hill only panicked more as his eyes widened, raising his hands in defence he rasped out in the choke hold. "I mean, whenever you're ready."

I chose to put my foot down and ordered the Bounty Hunter "Release him! Now!" Durge didn't move at first however he did eventually comply and dropped the Banker who stepped back, panting heavily.

Durge turned to me and just continued to stare as I instructed "The Republic is advancing as we speak. This is not the time to be fighting amongst ourselves. Get out there!" As expected, I received no verbal response, Durge just stared before turning around and walking towards the room's exit. I watched as the automatic door opened and closed behind him.

Now, it was a matter of how well the Bounty Hunter would fair, especially with who he was going up against. I didn't know it then, but I was going to find this especially interesting...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the first in the Battle of Muunilinst. Given that it's been a while since I worked on this, I feel a bit rusty, but I plan to get better soon. I am looking forward to working on this story more. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.