Chapter 15: The Orbital Defence, Battling the Chosen One

Y/N POV

My starfighter, the Reaper soared up. Leaving the city beneath me as I ascended up into the planet's orbit. Almost straight away, I was met with blaster fire around me as several ships and fighters battled one another.

I noticed an armada of Republic Acclamator Cruisers in a tight formation, raining fire on the Banking Clan's own defences, luckily, I'd arrived and provided several more Munificent-Class frigates when I'd arrived, they aided Muunilinst's already present ships in fending off the invaders.

Image of a Republic Acclamator-Class Ship and a Munificent-Class frigate:

The ships I'd brought with me were the same type I usually crafted for the Banking Clan

The ships I'd brought with me were the same type I usually crafted for the Banking Clan. However I knew the Republic would send a large fleet with them to capture a leader such as Hill. That's why I brought the reinforcements.

As soon as I reached the sight of the main battle, I focused my attention on one of the Republic capital ships in particular. I was fortunate because my own fighter in particular was a modified hybrid, making manoeuvrable like a starfighter, but it possessed several a few weapons like a bomber, namely bombs themselves. or missiles to be exact. Not as many as a bomber, but I had to keep that speed, especially in a situation like this.

As I sped forward I noticed the cannons on one of the cruisers all locked on to me. Seems they were on to me. They opened fire however I just smirked my ship sped forward directly towards to the ship.

An advantage to being the owner of a major ship building corporation was that I occasionally was given chance to fly some of the ships we built. Given how I'd never got chance to fly a starfighter as a Jedi, I took this chance every opportunity I could. And by this point, my skills as a pilot had improved a LOT.

Once I was close enough to the ship I began to execute my first bombing run. Repeatedly I pushed the input to fire the explosives, they homed in on nearby ships and due to my close proximity, they had no choice but to shoot downwards.

They rained down on the cruiser below, causing a trail of explosions across it. Its shield held, causing only minor damages. Once I'd fired that round of missiles, I turned upwards to prepare a second run.