Chapter 84: Jedi in the Control Room!

Y/N POV

I had been looking forward to seeing what these so-called 'Super Tanks' were capable of. Both Poggle and the Tactical Droid had hyped up their combat efficiency and I'd wanted to see how Skywalker would engage them. Hence why I was disappointed when we were interrupted.

We were just about to see the tanks roll out onto the bridge when a Geonosian ran into the command room seeming particularly distressed. He didn't even wait for us to acknowledge  him before he informed. "Two Jedi have breeched the factory! They're in the control room right now!"

TX-21 repeated "Two Jedi in the control room?" Before saying "Impossible, how could they have gotten past security?" Poggle clicked out angrily, waving his cane around. "It doesn't matter, prepare a Super Tank and dispose of them!"

I addressed the Geonosian and ordered "Well done on alerting us. Go awaken your brethren and have them join us at the control room." The Geonosian clicked "Yes Minister." Before flittering out of the room.

Turning to Poggle, I said "We should get moving. Those Jedi are elusive. They're likely here to destroy the factory covertly." Poggle just nodded. The Tactical Droid once more approached the console with the speaker and gave the order "Dispatch another Super Tank to the control room immediately."

With that order given, the three of us all hurried from the room. Hoping to catch the Jedi before they could flee...

Timeskip...

The design of the Super Tank wasn't anything special. Just a hulking mass of metal with the Confederacy's insignia on the side. But I guess that was its big advantage. That hulking mass was ray shielded and was near indestructible.

We'd joined with the tank and a swarm of Geonosian's just outside the control room. I could literally sense the ripples in the Force, confirming that we did in fact have Jedi intruders. We got into position as one of the Geonosians opened the door.

Doing so revealed the large open room with the main reactor for the entire factory in the centre of it! And right there, in plain view were the two Jedi in question. They were preparing to make their leave when they noticed us. Both turned and ignited their lightsabers.

The one on the left I recognized first. The same Togruta I'd escaped captivity from after the ordeal on Rodia. Skywalker's Padawan if I'm not mistaken. I think she went by Ahsoka? I wasn't certain, I dispatched her then and her presence here meant this would be easier than I'd anticipated.

The second Jedi I remembered a bit less vividly. I think her name was Barriss, she was a youngling around the time I'd left the order. And I'm almost certain she was taken under the wing of Luminara Unduli. Which again, I'd beaten her before. Her Padawan would be no different.

Image of Barriss Offee:

The Geonosians instantly opened fire

The Geonosians instantly opened fire. Pulses of green shot out but were deflected by the two Padawans. They retaliated by cutting their attackers down and it was at this point I decided to step in. With a raise of the hand, I ordered "Hold fire."