Chapter 46: The Viceroy's Arrival and the Jedi?

Y/N POV

With Senator Amidala now as our hostage, all that remained was for us to wait for Gunray's arrival. I didn't fully trust Farr with this duty himself, so I accompanied him and the Droid escort as Amidala was lead to the detention tower.

As we walked across one of the bridges towards said tower, Amidala briefly stopped and tried once more "It's not too late, Uncle Ono, you can stop this madness!" One of the Droids aimed its blaster at her and instructed "Keep moving prisoner!"

We entered into a circular room and directed towards a vacant holding cell. As Senator Amidala was restrained to the wall, Onaconda asked "Are those chains necessary?" Amidala chose now to snap "Welcome to the Separatist way Senator!"

I smirked before saying "I'm afraid you have us all wrong my dear Senator. We Separatists merely wanted to be free from the Republic's corrupt grip. But you and those Jedi weren't willing to let go. You brand us traitors."

Turning away, my smirk grew "But in a way, I should be grateful for that corruption, otherwise I'd have never found my true self and would have just been another oblivious cog in the Republic's inner workings."

Onaconda gave me a confused look however I ignored him. One of the Droids told him, "Viceroy Gunray's orders." As the doors to the holding cell closed off, Amidala could be heard calling after "I hope it's worth it to you."

The door sealed shut, I turned to Senator Farr and gave him a calm but stern look as I said "It's too late to back out Senator. You accepted the first wave of supplies." Onaconda just gave me a sad nod, I could sense his guilt but he also agreed with my statement.

Before either of us could say any more. Onaconda's aide entered the room and spoke up in Rodian. "Viceroy Gunray will be arriving shortly." Onaconda turned to him and responded "Good, I shall meet the Viceroy when he lands." He paused for a moment before asking.

"What about Senator Amidala's companions?" The aide explained "There is no sign of them, their ship has been destroyed though. It's unknown if they perished with it." To this, Farr replied "If there are no signs of her friends, they must have fled into the Jungle, yes, this is perfect. I want no sign of trouble. We will need those supplies."

He began to walk out of the room, I placed my hands behind my back and followed behind him...

Timeskip...

Gunray arrived in a Sheathipede shuttle identical to the one I'd used. He had an escort of two Vulture Droids that turned to either side as his shuttle entered in the hangar, he turned around and landed facing the exit.

The ramp extended downwards as the door opened to reveal Gunray and two Battle Droids. His face remained with the same angered expression as he walked towards us. Onaconda and his aide both greeted him with the same gesture they had with me. "The citizens of Rodia, welcome you Viceroy."

Gunray instantly and rudely snapped "Where is Senator Amidala?!" Farr grinned responding "Awaiting your arrival, as promised." Gunray's frown disappeared with a grin of his own as he stated "Excellent, I do not wish to keep her waiting, shall we go?"

Farr gestured out of the hangar for us to follow him and with the Droids accompanying us, we made it back the way we came. Me and Gunray briefly shook hands with me saying "Viceroy." In acknowledgement, this was just a formality though. My eyes held a glare in them. Gunray was just a client who happened to pay his credits regularly.

As we walked out of the hangar into one of the courtyards, Farr explained the situation. "We're holding the Senator in the detention tower." Gunray's response was one laced in sarcasm, causing me to almost laugh at how fake he sounded. "I hope it is not too painful for her."

Just as we began making our way out of the courtyard, one of the droids exclaimed something that made me snap my head around. "Look! A Jedi!" Turning around, I saw what they meant, behind one of the pillars was a golden protocol droid and a figure in robes very much like those of a Jedi. Gunray spoke with fear. "A Jedi?!" 

For a split second, I believed it. But after a few seconds I realized this was likely a hoax. I couldn't sense the Force from this being and even they responded with an accent which I recognized of that of a Gungan.

"Jedi?! Wheresa Jedi?!" The droid turned to him, saying "I do believe they mean you." This caused the Gungan to scream "Meesa not a Jedi?!" I was about to say "He's right, I don't-." Before I could finish my sentence, Gunray cut me off, pointing in front of him and ordering "Kill the Jedi!" I sighed in annoyance at being ignored.

The Protocol droid put his hands up, saying "Don't shoot, we surrender, we surrender!" The Gungan screeched "Forget surrender, wesa run!" He took off running with two Battle Droids close behind him.

It seemed in a swift moment, he lifted one of the hatches on the ground and slipped into the water below, leaving his cloak behind. One of the droids picked the cloak up as Gunray called over "Is he dead?!"

The droid responded "The Jedi got away, he slipped through this grate and went underwater." I shrugged before saying "His luck will run out. Soon." Gunray ordered "Sound the alarm! Find that Jedi!"

I brought my hand to my forehead and cupped it angrily. The Protocol Droid spoke "I can see you're busy, so I'll just be going now." He was about to walk away but was stopped by one of the Battle Droids. Gunray added "And take that Republic droid SCUM to the dismantling centre." 

The two droids grabbed the Protocol and began walking off with him as he called out "Wait, wait! I'm innocent! Innocent I tell you!" Gunray turned back to Farr and snapped "Take me to Senator Amidala at once!"

I spoke angrily "You're walking into this too recklessly Viceroy. Whoever that was, they're obviously not who you seem to think they are. I suggest you think a little bit more before making idiotic decisions." Gunray just stared blankly before letting out a "Hmph."

As we continued walking, I glanced back to the open hatch. One thing was certain. Whoever that was, they were no Jedi...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.