Chapter 54: Escaping Tranquillity

Y/N POV

Climbing up through yet another vent, I crawled out onto one of the corridors. I got up onto one knee and peered back down, just to ensure I wasn't being followed. At the very end of the chute I could see the faint red glow of the fires, however there was no sign of any pursuers, the Padawan must have chosen to save Luminara instead. Good.

Getting to my feet, I sighed faintly in relief before taking off down the corridor. As I ran, my attention shifted to the Clone communicator I'd retrieved earlier. I once again began inputting the same frequency as earlier.

Soon I could hear the sounds of blaster fire and a lightsaber striking through the other end, it was clear Ventress had encountered some Clones that she was easily disposing of. After a few seconds of this, things quietened down and I chose now to make my presence known.

"Seems you're having fun Assassin." I heard the annoyed voice of Ventress asking "What is it now Minister?" I began explaining "The Jedi won't be a problem. Now tell me where this rendezvous point is."

To this Ventress actually sounded surprised for a moment "You dealt with the Jedi Master?" Her tone went back to the same cold level as before as she said "Perhaps you aren't as cowardly as I'd taken you for."

I snarled a bit however she couldn't hear this, instead she just went on to explain "The shuttle you arrived here in, that is our escape craft. However, the Captain informed me earlier that he is already approaching the craft with the Viceroy."

Next a voice I recognized as that Commando Captain could be heard. "We're approaching the ship now and will dethatch as soon as we're able. Once free, we shall circle around a few times so get to the Escape Pods and we'll pick you up there."

I gave a nod, even if they couldn't see it saying. "Escape Pods, very well. I'll make my way there." With the objective now clear, I cut the communication before once more staring ahead. I had a feeling I knew where the escape pods would be so that's where I headed.

It didn't take long for me to encounter some form of obstruction though, as I rounded a corner, I soon came face-to-face with a squadron of Clones. They all were running down the corridor in my direction in a tight formation and upon seeing me they stopped dead in their tracks.

I scowled as their leader instantly called out "Shoot him!" The Clones all opened fire however it's obvious right away how this would turn out for them. I swung my lightsaber around to successfully deflect each bolt without any effort now whatsoever.

As I did this, I drew closer to the group before lunging forward. They tried stepping back to gain distance however I caught up to them and attacked. Straight away cutting through one Trooper before extending my arm out and lifting another up off the ground with the Force.

With his body completely subdued, I proceeded to rag-doll the Clone, knocking him into one of the others before flinging him at a third. As they were knocked down I leapt up and brought my saber down to take both out at once.

The last Clone tried firing a stun round, however this was easy to avoid, I leapt to the side and used the wall to push off and dive towards that Clone, swinging my saber out, the blade sliced right through him making his body collapse to the ground.

I was about to waste no time and carry on to my objective, however I stopped when one of the Clones could be heard groaning. Turning to look, I saw him crawling towards me. His expression was hidden behind his helmet however I heard him gasp out "You Separatist Traitor, y-you won't get away with t-this."

I glared down at him before once again igniting my saber and retorting "I already am." I put him out of his misery without a second thought, now it was just me, and my destination...

Timeskip...

Eventually, I came across a door guarded by two Clones, I knew my destination was just beyond it so without any hesitation. I stepped forward, the Clones snapped out "Hey!" However before any confrontation could be made, I launched both back right through the door, revealing the escape pod bay.

Before I could enter, I heard a voice saying "So, you made it." As I turned, Ventress was walking down the corridor towards me. As she got past me, she said "Come, there's no time to waste." I nodded and we instantly  made our way into one of the escape pods.

I sat down and looked out, sure enough I could see the shuttle we'd arrived in, the Consular-Class Cruiser flew past. It seems the traitorous captain had done his part of the task and secured Gunray's escape.

Image of a Consular-Class Cruiser:

With the push of a few buttons, the door to the pod sealed shut and we ejected out, these pods weren't built for travel but they did have some manoeuvrability, so Ventress managed to steer us in the direction of our escape craft

With the push of a few buttons, the door to the pod sealed shut and we ejected out, these pods weren't built for travel but they did have some manoeuvrability, so Ventress managed to steer us in the direction of our escape craft. Where we were picked up shortly after.

Once we were aboard we made it to the bridge where sure enough, we were met with not only Gunray, but the Captain from earlier, I commented "So, you did prove to be of use to us after all Captain."

In the pilot's seat, Argyus turned to me remarking "No thanks to you Minister, be thankful your blow just stunned me. Otherwise this mission would have been harder for you." He shot me an arrogant smirk before turning his attention to Ventress.

"You see, assassin? Our plan went off without a hitch." Anger glazed over Ventress' eyes as she asked sinisterly "Our plan?" It seemed Argyus didn't pick up on the obvious intent of the question as he just turned around, assuring "And I will, of course, make sure your contributions are noted, in my report to Count Dooku."

I glared, who was this guy? Some corrupt official Count Dooku had bribed? He certainly talked highly of himself. And this proved to be his undoing as Ventress ignited her blade in a swift motion and plunged it through the captain's back!

He let out a gasp as his eyes rolled back. Ventress leaned down to his ear and whispered "I'll tell him myself." Within seconds, his body fell limp and Ventress promptly used the Force to push him out of his seat.

Turning to Gunray, she smirked and said "Greetings Viceroy." Gunray just returned with a similar smirk as he replied "I always had a good feeling about you, Assassin." I stepped forward and spoke "Am I right to assume these ships have a tracking beacon?"

Ventress responded "Yes, but don't concern yourself with that. My Master has a plan should the Republic attempt to follow us." I let out a hum before sitting in the pilot's seat. Turning to Gunray and Ventress I said "Sit down both of you."

Gunray did while Ventress remained standing, I began looking at the controls, I wasn't all that familiar with Republic craft, soon though I found what I wanted. I turned to Ventress and asked "What coordinates do we take?" To that she didn't respond verbally and began inputting commands and our ship shot into hyperspace. We had escaped, but I knew the Republic would be close behind.

If Dooku had a plan, it had better work...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, there will only be one more for this arc, based around 'Lair of Grievous'. That chapter will take place from Kit Fisto's POV, based around the opening of the episode. I do hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.