Chapter 32: The Potential and Rage of the Chosen One

Y/N POV

The lift was currently inactive due to Skywalker and Amidala still being inside it. That didn't stop me for long though. I thrust my lightsaber forward causing the red blade to stab right through the metal. Afterwards I slowly began moving the blade in a circular motion, cutting my own entry point.

Once that circle had been completed I used the Force to rip the now-loose chunk out of its place and discarded it to the side. Climbing through the hole, I looked down the shaft just as the lift reached the bottom allowing its passengers to get out.

Instead of backing out and pushing the button to call the lift back up, I instead leapt through the hole, the lift shaft wasn't that long and thanks to the Force, I didn't hurt myself in the slightest as I landed on the roof of the lift.

Straight away, I plunged my saber right into the roof and cut another circular hole that instantly fell down allowing me to drop through into the lift itself. I effortlessly landed on my feet and snapped my head up.

The doors to the lift were still open so I could see Skywalker and the Senator running ahead of me. Funny, I'd only seen Skywalker once before now, we met briefly when Qui-Gon brought him before the Council. He was but a child then, now though, he was an enemy.

I instantly extended my hand out, ripped a panel off the nearby wall and threw it at them. The ship was already damaged enough. Once we escaped we'd need to get it fixed. A few petty blemishes like this would be spending change compared to the external damage.

Skywalker must have sensed my action as he spun around and sliced through the panel effortlessly. This certainly got their attention. Amidala opened fire in my direction, shooting three blaster bolts in quick succession.

I effortlessly deflected each bolt before extending my hand and channelling the Force to push her back. She landed on her back with a grunt causing Skywalker to exclaim "Padme!" Turning back to me he glared at me with an anger unlike any I'd seen before.

He rushed forward and went in for a sideways aggressive swing. I managed to counter by twisting my wrist around and clutching my handle with both hands. We met in a clash and it was at this point I chose to finally say "Calm yourself Skywalker, she isn't dead. Or severely hurt for that matter." His glare calmed a bit but there was still a spark of rage that meant I'd have to be on my guard.

We separated and Skywalker instantly went in for a stab attack which I managed to avoid by taking a leap back before going in for a swing that narrowly missed hitting him in the arm. By this point Senator Amidala had begun to recover.

Me and Skywalker were still trading attempted strikes either dodging or countering with our own lightsabers before he instructed "Padme run to the rail jet! I'll meet you there!" Amidala initially was about to interject "Anakin-!" However Skywalker instantly cut her off by saying "I'll be alright just go!"

She still seemed reluctant but nodded and proceeded to continue running. Skywalker looked back over his shoulder at her before turning to face back towards me. He assumed the typical saber stance.

I gave a faint salute with my saber before pointing it out in front of me. "Shall we continue Skywalker?" Was all I asked, Skywalker maintained his guard before angling his saber and replying "It would be my pleasure."

With that, we both took a step forward. As you'd expect from a Form 5 practitioner and a reckless one at that, Skywalker made the first move. Making a swift strike to aim at my shoulder however I moved my body to the side and raised my saber to defend.

He instantly followed this up with another and another. Almost like he was cleaving dramatically as he stepped forward. I was managing to block each strike with not too much effort however I soon found I was actually having to step back.