Chapter 60: Deploy the Commando Droids, Discovering the Armoury

Y/N POV

Now, the invasion had properly begun. With that initial ambush easily destroyed, the B1 and  B2 Battle Droids began their advance forward in their convoy-like march. They reached the door to the facility which no surprise, was sealed. 

I stepped forward and approached the console, it made sense that the Republic would have sealed the place up following the outbreak of the war. This posed no problem though, I approached the console just to the left of the door and began inputting the necessary code.

It was the Republic's mistake, not changing the code as once it had been put into the keypad, the door slowly began to open, revealing a long corridor slowly the lights began to switch on allowing us to see what was ahead.

I made a simple gesture with my hand instructing the droids to advance. They slowly began to head down the corridor, maintaining their formation perfectly. There were about a hundred droids here in this batch alone. That wasn't factoring in the remaining droids on the OTHER platform who'd successfully managed to breech their door and make their way inside.

As the droids all piled in to the old facility, I stood behind for a moment accompanied by my personal task force. It was at this point, one of the Commando droids approached me and asked "Sir, what are your orders."

To this I simply turned to the remaining droids. The sounds of the main convoy got further and further away. As I'd ordered though, the Magnaguards, Commando Droids and Droidekas had remained. I responded by gesturing R3 closer, he obeyed and once again brought up a hologram of the facility.

Pointing at the lower portion of the structure, I explained. "The armoury itself was located at the lowest point of the facility. THAT is our objective." I shifted my attention to the landing platforms and said "We are here, on the upper levels. The other droids shall distract most of the Clones, those that are present shouldn't be a problem." 

With the explanation complete, I stood upright again with R3 shutting the hologram off. I said "R3 shall get us through any doors we encounter. Now then, if there aren't any objections, lets go."

The Commando Droids answered "Roger Roger." While the Magnaguards and Droidekas remained silent given how they were incapable of speech. With all that out of the way, the plan had been set. Now it was time to execute it.

Entering the facility, we made our way through the series of corridors. I still remembered the layout of the place so finding our way around was no problem. I just lead the way with the droids following close behind.

It wasn't long until we came across our first wave of opposition. The voices of Clone Troopers could be heard up ahead, causing us to swiftly duck behind the wall to avoid being seen. A gesture of my hand caused the droids to do the same, with the Droidekas staying far enough back as to not be heard.

Peering around, I noticed three Clones just stood around. It seems they were completely unaware of what was happening. This was somewhat reinforced as we listened to what they were saying. The first one asked "Why do we always have to have the boring patrols?"

The second nodded in agreement "I know right, even the clankers wouldn't be stupid enough to attack a planet THIS close to Coruscant."  The third laughed and said "But you know, those droids aren't the brightest! Unlike us, we're all independent from one another."

They then proceeded to contradict this statement by all cheering about it at the same time. I could have easily swooped in and finished them off then and there however I had a different idea.

Turning to the Commando Droids, I pointed to the Clones and whispered "Get them." The Commando Droids nodded before going in to make their move. They bolted forward, catching the Clones attention as they all exclaimed "Droids!"