Chapter 53: Dealing with the Master

Y/N POV

Off one of the corridors, I came to a vent, this was useful as most vents in the ship would lead back to the generator room. And if that's where Luminara would likely be, then that's where I'd be as well.

There was a reason I was so fixated with disposing of Luminara myself. It was a link to my past, when I was a Jedi, Luminara Unduli was one of the Masters I looked up to, much like Plo Koon. I wished to sever all links to that past.

I dove into the vent and soon enough, just as I'd thought, I was brought out at yet another vent grating, beyond it I could see the burning fires of the generator room. Kicking the grating out of its placing, I was able to leap down, easily regaining my footing as I landed on the remains of a nearby platform.

Looking around, I was completely surrounded by the scraps of the generators and burning flame dying the walls in a deep red. At first, there seemed to be no sign of Luminara or Ventress. However this changed when the voice of the latter could be heard. "You took long enough to get here."

I turned to see Ventress stood behind me. I instantly ordered "Leave the Jedi Master to me." The Assassin glared in annoyance before asking "And why should I listen to you?" I faced her head-on, explaining "Because, your mission should be focusing on ensuring the Viceroy escapes. I can handle this myself."

Ventress pointed out something which even I was in the dark about. "You shouldn't worry, the Captain will receive his signal soon. I'll leave the Viceroy's rescue to him." I raised an eyebrow asking "Captain? What do you mean?"

Ventress sarcastically asked "You don't know?" Before instantly explaining "Let's just say, my Master managed to pay-off that Senate captain, he will do that task for us, right under the Jedi's noses."

I nodded before saying "It's a good thing I didn't kill him then. Or I think I didn't." There was a pause, before I once more ordered. "In that case, I want you to ensure that no Clones interfere." Ventress just stared at me for a moment before saying "Fine, it doesn't matter to me what you do. The Master will be here soon anyway."

That's when we heard the second voice saying "I already am!" Turning to its source, we saw the Jedi Master stood over us, atop one of the generators. Ventress spoke "I'll leave this to you." Before making a hasty escape, Luminara tried following, however I commented "You're fighting me now." Using the Force, I caught her mid-jump and was able to pull her to the ground.

She wasted no time getting to her feet and instantly turned to face me. I just stood for a moment before igniting my lightsaber silently. Luminara stated "Curious that you'd risk getting caught waiting around here. You knew I'd pursue the Assassin so I assume you were waiting for me."

I raised the scarlet blade in salute before saying "You will see." Luminara ignited her own green blade "Surrender and come quietly Y/N." I didn't respond to this, there was no need, the answer was obvious and she soon realized this herself.

She went in for the first move, swinging her lightsaber around to strike me from the left. This was easy enough for me to block as my own saber arose to intercept. We met in a brief clash before both withdrawing back and from there, our duel began.

I instantly followed up with a swift stabbing attack that nearly sliced Luminara's arm however managed to defend herself. Much like Kenobi, she was an expert practitioner of Form 3 Soresu. This made her very much defensive.

Fortunately for me, my knowledge of Makashi leant me a favour here. With its edge being in combat against other lightsabers users or similar weapons, I knew I could possibly slip through that defence. 

Our battle consisted mostly of me going in for swift, light jabs, trying to sneak past her guard. Luminara was hardly having it though, each blow, she managed to counter one after the other. I did catch her off guard when I lashed out with my elbow and struck her in the face.

I aimed to swing in and land a critical blow however Master Luminara managed to recover and angled her blade to defend once more. This time forcing us into a clash. As we both pushed to overpower the other, Luminara spoke.

"You always did want to mimic Dooku didn't you Y/N? Master Windu told you that it would lead you nowhere. Now you see, the Dark Side has you in its grip. There is nothing to gain from this path."

My eyes narrowed as a pang of anger shot through me. I spat coldly "Allow me to demonstrate just how much I've improved Master Unduli." My tone of voice made it apparent I had no intention of drawing this fight out any longer.

After this, I broke the clash and instantly went back in for a stab, she was able to block this before going in for an attack of her own that I was able to block as well. Our blades clashed yet again but not for long as I went right in for a stab attack.

FINALLY, I managed to catch her arm, causing her to let out a grunt of pain and stagger back, clutching the freshly made burn. Even so, she stood her ground giving me a look of determination that signified she wasn't about to back down.

I just muttered "So be it." Unduli abruptly stuck her hand out and I was pushed back by the Force, I narrowly avoided being flung into the fires below. As my feet made contact with the floor again, I wasted no time bolting back forward towards the Jedi.

Clutching my blade in my right hand, I swung in with my right hand, my blow intending to strike her left side. Even with her injury, she managed to raise her blade to defend herself and counter my attack.

She used her good arm to stab forward, I stepped back a bit before swinging again, this time aimed for her leg. Again, she managed to counter, now our blades were locked in a downward clash, aiming at the floor, causing both of them to burn into the metal surfacing beneath us.

This provided me with an opening. I snarled out "This is the end." Once more I struck her in the face with my elbow as a stunning tactic before extending my hand out and pushed her back this time.

She didn't fall into the fires, instead landing on another of the elevated areas above the sea of flame. I looked up and noticed a network of piping across the ceiling which instantly gave me an idea. Raising my arm, I proceeded to throw my saber in a boomerang motion!

The weapon spun through the air and just as I anticipated, it cut through the pipes one after the other, causing them to all fall simultaneously to the Jedi Master below. What happened next, I'm not too sure, from where I was standing, it seemed like the fight was over.

I wanted to be sure though, I was about to step closer to the pile of metal pipes when I suddenly heard a voice call out "Master!" My head snapped to see the Padawan from before. A look of anger spread across my face.

Looking back and forth between her and the pile of pipes I spat "Fine." Turning back to the Padawan, I spoke "I have better things to do. Find the Master or pursue me, it's your choice and it makes little difference to me."

She exclaimed "Hey!" However I channelled the Force to throw a chunk of debris in her direction. She effortlessly drew her lightsaber and cut through the scrap. That wasn't the point though. As she was doing that, I'd already made my escape.

Leaping up onto one of the generators, I bounded off to another before leaping into a nearby vent. By the time the Padawan had freed Luminara, I'd already be one step closer to escape...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, we have one more for 'Cloak of Darkness' and one chapter for 'Lair of Grievous' before the end of this arc. I really hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.