Chapter 73: Loading the Valuables, the Republic's Arrival

Y/N POV

"That should be nearly all of it." I stated as I observed the Twi'Lek natives loading a handful of the valuables onto my shuttle. In the end, me and Tambor had negotiated that I would take what I wanted, within reason.

There were an assortment of different objects. All of which I knew I'd get a hefty price for if I sold them to the right people. One item was some sort of golden ark. While it looked valuable, I didn't want to touch it, something about it felt, off.

Once everything was on my ship, I signalled "Right, that's the last of it. Take this all off-world and back to my ship." Stepping back I watched as the ramp retracted back into the ship and the doors closed.

My shuttle's engine roared as the ship lifted off the ground and flew off out of the courtyard, disappearing from view. Now, those valuables were secured When the time for evacuation came, I'd just use Tambor's shuttle instead.

Speaking of Tambor, with my ship gone, I went back to stand over near him as more and more treasure was loaded into his ship. I questioned "Are you certain you need to get EVERYTHING?" Tambor nodded "Of course, I wouldn't waste a since spec of treasure on this backwater world."

It was at this point a Battle Droid approached us, causing Tambor to ask "Is this all of it?" The droid explained "We're still awaiting two transports from our southern base." It then asked "Should we depart without them?"

I turned to Tambor and said "Two transports aren't worth this trouble." Tambor however interjected "No! I will have every valuable on this rock before I leave!" I sighed and said "Your funeral."

As if timed perfectly, we heard a voice. Turning we saw  TA-175 approaching with a hologram of a very angry looking Count Dooku. "Emir Tambor, Minister L/N! Why haven't you evacuated?!" Tambor stammered, looking for an excuse. Eventually he came up with. "O-our exit strategy is taking more time to implement." I just rolled my eyes which didn't go unnoticed by the Count.

"And what about you Minister? I hope for your sake you aren't considering confronting Master Windu." This time I was at a loss. I thought for a moment before saying "Rest assured Count, I will evacuate when the time is right. I have ordered the shuttle be kept on standby for then."

Dooku wasn't convinced, I could tell from his tone as he ordered "I want you both out of the city BEFORE the Republic arrives!" He then turned his attention to the Tactical Droid and explained "Once Master Windu has invaded the capitol, we will bomb it from afar. Am I understood?!"

Now this caught my attention, if Windu died in the bombing, I'd be unable to settle the score. But at the same time, he'd be out of the way. I had to admit, this plan was a mixed bag for me, but I'd agree with it to Dooku's face.

TA-175 nodded and responded "Yes Count Dooku." As soon as the hologram shut-off, Tambor glided over to it and snapped "You will not do ANYTHING, until I give the order!" To this, the Tactical Droid simply lifted the hologram communicator and retorted "We have our orders Emir."

I nodded "Very well. Keep the ship ready, if those transports are not here, we will be leaving without them." Tambor tried responding "No! I will not leave-!" I cut him off. "Are you prepared to face a Jedi?"

This shut him up, saying "I thought not." While I myself was still internally debating when I'd be leaving myself. Only time would tell...

Timeskip...

The following day arrived with no trouble. However I knew this wouldn't be the case for long. It was inevitable that today the Republic would attack. Our Probe sources had indicated that Windu had managed to enlist the aid of Cham Syndulla and his band of rebels. This would make things more difficult, but not impossible.

Once more, I was stood in the command room with Tambor and the Tactical Droid. Looking at a hologram of the city, I gave the order "Lower the bridge." Tambor once again, began to complain "But what about the final shipments?!"

I gave him a blank, emotionless glare as I said "We can lift the bridge again when they arrive. But I will not risk the Republic overrunning this city while you wait for your precious treasure!" Defeated, Tambor muttered "Fine."

Just as I'd ordered, we saw the bridge deactivate. With that sorted, TA-175 asked "What about the city inhabitants?" Tambor waved his hand in an uncaring manner as he answered "Drive them outside." Before clarifying "But not too far. The Jedi will reconsider his attack when he sees them in his line of fire."

To that I couldn't help myself "You know nothing of Mace Windu. That is a primitive strategy that he will easily overcome." Tambor didn't raise to my remark and instead stated "We will see."

As these orders were given, me and Tambor both turned to look out of the window. It was just as I'd predicted. On the horizon we could see an assembling legion of Republic walkers, they couldn't reach us though with the bridge deactivated.

It was now that TA-175 advised, "It is time to leave. The Republic walkers are holding at 1200 meters." I glanced out of the window, seeing the formation. It was likely Windu was among them. But now, I suppose, would not be the time.

I responded with a sigh "Very well. Let us go." It seemed even Tambor was considering it, as soon as I said this though, a Battle Droid stepped into the room and informed us "Sir, the last shipments of treasure are approaching." 

And just like that, Tambor's consideration for leaving vanished with him exclaiming "Just in time!" He ordered "Activate the bridge and get them across immediately." I turned to the Tactical Droid and stated "A word, if you please."

The Droid nodded and followed me into an adjacent room. Locking the door, I turned to it and explained "It is very unlikely we will be able to get that last shipment of treasure up before the Republic attack."

TA-175 nodded "That is correct. Wat Tambor is making a foolish mistake." I said "I have a plan for how to get out of this." At this the Tactical Droid stated "If I must, I will leave both of you here, Dooku's orders."

You know, it was funny these droids were so forthcoming, but it tied in to my plan. I explained my strategy. "When the Republic attack, I will confront and slow the Jedi down and-." I was cut off by the droid saying sternly "Count Dooku ordered you NOT to confront the Jedi."

I raised a hand "If you let me finish. When you see fit, prepare the shuttle and leave. However, if I'm unable to stop the Jedi before then, I want you to fly overhead. I will abandon the battle and leave as ordered. This fight is merely to slow the Jedi down." The last part wasn't entirely true, but the droid didn't need to know.

TA-175 took a moment, as if calculating if my plan could work. Finally, it bowed and said "Your logic makes sense. Very well Minister. I will collect you upon my departure. With or without Tambor..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, only one left of the Ryloth arc, maybe two but that's unlikely. After this, we only have a single chapter from the Cad Bane holocron plotline and then it is the final arc of this book, the 'Second battle of Geonosis' arc. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.