Chapter 52: The Clones of Green Company

Y/N POV

The detention area doors slammed shut behind me as I stared down the ship corridor. I had no idea where Luminara would be, but finding her was a priority. She was the only significant threat to our escape. I had no doubts Ventress could dispose of the Padawan.

It didn't take long into my escape for me to encounter some of the local personnel, up ahead, one of the doors opened, with two Clone Troopers stepped out into the corridor, these ones had a colour scheme to their armour unlike any troopers I'd encountered before, not that it made any difference. Their fate would be just like any other unfortunate to cross my path.

As they rounded the corner, they instantly noticed me. Both of them raised their blasters as the one on the right exclaimed "Hey! Stop right there!" I didn't move at first, instead I slowly reached around to once again hold onto my lightsaber.

That same trooper spoke up again, "Didn't you hear me?! I said stop where you are!" I finally took a step forward, igniting the saber which provoked the two troopers to both open fire. Blue bolts shot towards me, this wasn't any trouble.

I easily swiped my saber around, deflecting each blast one after the other before finally rushing forward. Before either of the clones could react I lashed out, the first attack struck one trooper across his torso, spinning around, I spun around, angling my blade back a bit before thrusting it forward and stabbing it right through the second's chest.

As I withdrew the weapon, both troopers collapsed to the ground. As they lay there, I remembered Ventress' instruction. Reaching down I gripped the wrist of one of the troopers before ripping the device off.

After that, I didn't even give them a second glance before continuing further down the corridor. I've said it once and I'd say it again. The Clones were no different than droids, kill one and another takes its place.

The corridors were all the same, grey with the odd light pattern on the walls. I did eventually come to a lift, which I decided to enter the small circular space where I was met with a control console listing the floors.

To start out I went to one of the lower levels, closer to the hangars, if the boarding was still happening, it's safe to assume that would be where they'd be coming from. Especially if they arrived by boarding ships which the Clone commander in the detention area made it sound like.

The door to the lift closed and I soon felt it begin to descend. As I did this, I held the Clone communicator and began to fasten the bracer around my left forearm. When the time was right I would contact Ventress and find out the extraction area.

The lift soon arrived at its destination with the door swinging open to reveal yet another corridor extending out to the left or right. The sounds of blaster fire could be heard nearby to the right, so that's the route I followed and sure enough, I soon reached its source.

I ended up behind a group of Clones, locked in a showdown against a horde of approaching Super Battle Droids. It seemed that either side could emerge victorious, however now I was here and that was about to change.

Igniting my saber once again gained the attention of the Clones. As they all turned around, one of them exclaimed "It's Minister L/N! Shoot him!" All of them turned to face me and opened fire, that was their mistake. Not only due to my arrival, but because they'd grown completely distracted from the Battle Droids.

Those droids kept their fire, managing to shoot the Clones close to them. Meanwhile I stepped forward and once again began to carve my way through the Clones, one after the other. The first was stabbed, the second was sliced across its chest.

The third was flung back towards the droids who promptly shot him down, the fourth got sliced on the leg then stabbed in the stomach before being pushed back into the wall. And then there was one more, I didn't kill him just yet though.

Reaching out, I used the Force to lift him up into the air, not choking him, but at least keeping him suspended in the air. I approached and said "If you value your life Clone, then tell me, where is Master Luminara Unduli?"

The Clone laughed sarcastically to himself before saying "As if I'd talk to a Separatist traitor like you!" I sighed, it was obvious from this interrogation was pointless. I'd given it a try but it didn't work. So there was no point pushing it further. Instead I just said "Very well." 

With a swift movement of my wrist, I pulled the Clone forward and stabbed him with my blade before withdrawing it and allowing him to fall to the ground. I stared down at the body for a moment before turning to the Super Battle Droids.

One of them approached and asked "What are your orders Minister?" I instructed "Ventress is securing the Viceroy, keep the Clones occupied from then. Leave the Jedi to me." They all responded in unison "Roger Roger." Before walking off down the hallway.

What came next caught me off guard, I didn't get to walk much further when there was a sudden explosion that caused the entire ship to shake! Even more-so than before! This meant that whatever happened, happened inside the ship!

I staggered a bit before regaining my footing, straight away I reached for the communicator and began inputting a frequency for the devices, Ventress would know to look out for me, the Clones would be too busy wondering what just happened.

The communicator started beeping and I spoke "Assassin, this is Minister L/N." I soon heard her voice "Speak." I instantly asked "What was that explosion?!" Ventress went on to explain "I managed to damage the ship's generators, this ship is effectively beyond repair. However I had to retreat when that Jedi Master friend of yours arrived."

I raised an eyebrow asking "Unduli was there?" She must have backtracked and I'd missed her. Ventress confirmed this when she said "Yes and she's likely following me now." My next question was "Where are you then?"

She explained "I'm on my way to the Generators now." I nodded, even if she couldn't see that as I said "I'll make my way there then." With that I disconnected the transmission, again the Clones would be too busy panicking over their desecrated ship to worry about this. My new goal was the now-destroyed generator room.

It was time to finally get another Jedi Master out of the picture...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the next one will be Y/N vs Luminara, Ventress will not be present for this battle, as to why, you'll see in the next chapter. I hope you enjoyed this one and as always, thank you for reading.