Chapter 63: Corporate Acquisitions

Y/N POV

This time the lift came to a much calmer stop, signifying I'd actually managed to reach my destination. I didn't know if the CEO had another Jedi up their sleeve but even then, I'd dispatched one with only minimal effort, unless it was a Master, what's to say they wouldn't be just as easy.

The lift door opened and all seemed calm, just a long corridor leading to a door at the end of it. I gestured with my hand "R3, come on." The Astromech let out a beep in agreement and began rolling after me as we approached the door.

Straight away, I snarled in annoyance upon noticing something. "He's put up a blast door. No matter. It will take time, but not much." I drew my lightsaber and ignited it before plunging it into the metal surface.

My snarl turned to a smirk as I heard what sounded like the CEO on the other end letting out a shriek. I allowed my lightsaber to slowly burn through the door, a glowing molten texture began surrounding the blade.

I don't know how long I was stood there, however soon the metal was weak enough that I was able to start moving my lightsaber. Gradually, I was able to carve a circular opening in the door. With the Force I was able to push the the hole out of the way, causing it to fall to the ground with a loud clang.

I stepped through the hole into a very sizable office. Similar to the one I had on the facility right here on Corellia, the one I'd just reclaimed. At the far end of the room was a desk and sat behind it was exactly who I wanted to see. The snivelling coward of a CEO.

I approached the desk, my smirk still present as I greeted "Well well, the very person I've been most anxious to meet." The CEO was sweating profusely and was shaking in fear, he stammered out "M-Minister L/N, h-how good to see you. W-what may I help you with?"

Going right to the chase, I coldly stated "You know why I'm here. I just want to check if you'd be willing to accept a peaceful transition of all your resources and stocks to under my command." I knew the CEO wouldn't take it, he may have been a coward, but he wasn't this much of a sell-out. It was worth a try though.

The CEO seemed silent for a moment he was still shaking in fear as I stared down at him, my smirk had gone by this point, now I just had a look of disinterest. The sooner this was over, the better.

Suddenly, I heard a faint clicking sound and the next thing I knew, I was surrounded from all sides by some sort of ray shield. Using my lightsaber to escape proved pointless as the blade was incapable of breaking the barrier.

Now the CEO's personality to a complete flip. Instead of coming across as a snivelling coward, he gained a wave of confidence as he let out an irritating laugh. "HAHAHAHA! Yes, YES! I've GOT you! Good luck escaping that Minister. Soon the Jedi will arrive here and it's off to Coruscant with you! HAHAHAHA!"

I don't think he expected for me to start laughing along with him. For a moment we both laughed however he asked "What's so funny?" My laugh stopped and in an instant, my eyes pierced right into him.

"The Jedi you sent after me is dead. As you will be soon. R3!" I'll admit, I was glad I'd brought R3 along with me. As the CEO was distracted, R3 went over to one of the walls where there was an Astromech panel. Interfacing with it, he was able to not only hack, but release the ray shields.

This caused the CEO's fear to return, even more-so than it had before. He staggered back shrieked again and dripped over his chair as he fell back to the floor. I continued glaring at the feeble man on the floor.

Memories flooded back. This whole situation mirrored what had happened many years ago. How I'd managed to become Minister of the Shipwright's Guild in the first place the situation was all too similar.

The CEO tried crawling back in fright and tried reasoning. "Now now Minister, no need to act so hasty. You wouldn't kill me, if the Republic caught wind of this activity happening on a planet so close to Coruscant, you'd be done for."

My reaction didn't even flinch from this, instead I responded calmly yet coldly "That's a risk I am willing to take." In a single swift motion, the CEO fell to the ground, lifeless. I stood over the body with quietly before letting out a long breath I didn't realise I'd been holding before turning my attention to the knocked over chair. All I said was.

"Pleaser doing business with you sir..."

Palpatine POV

"I'm well aware of the invasion on Corellia Master Windu, but as I've already told you, we can reclaim the system at our leisure, for now we have to focus on other more important matters." I stared at the Jedi in front of me with an expression feigning understanding.

Master Windu interjected however "With all due respect Chancellor, we have the Jedi, we could launch a counter attack now and capture Minister L/N. With him gone, the Separatists would have a smaller supply of ships to their army and bring this war to a quicker end."

I nodded, again acting like I understood "Yes, but we can do that at our leisure, you aren't to do anything until the time is right." He commented "Yes Chancellor." I sat back "Now, if that's all, I have other matters that need tending to."

Windu got up off his chair and bowed, saying "Chancellor." Before turning and walking out of the room. As soon as he was gone a sinister grin spread across my face. I'd anticipated Y/N to make a move for Corellia, and I'll admit, I'm surprise he did it this soon.

The fact that he'd acted outside of Dooku's order was also beneficial to me. As it showed he wasn't always in the Count's shadow. And that meant, if my primary plan failed, I had a close back-up.

The goal was still the same, everything just needed to run its course...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter and the end of this arc. Next up will by Ryloth, starting with 'Storm over Ryloth'. I won't start this though until AFTER Christmas so bare with me until then. I really hope you liked the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.