Chapter 51: Beginning the Escape, the Assassin's Arrival

Y/N POV

Minutes passed, I'm not sure how many exactly. The status of the Separatist invasion remained unknown to me. However I wouldn't wait for then to to make my move, not when my chance was this close.

I just sat back for a moment, buying my time. Two of the Senate Guards remained down here with the Padawan, the rest were at the end of the corridor monitoring the various terminals. With Luminara gone, my chance was near. It finally came when one of the Commandos stood right by my cell. I smirked and extended my hand out slowly.

Image of a Senate Commando:

The guard abruptly let out a gag and began clutching at his throat

The guard abruptly let out a gag and began clutching at his throat. This caught the attention of the other guard and the Jedi Padawan who instantly demanded "Let him go!" I remained silent, smirking as the commando continued to choke.

With a single movement of my hand, the commando was flung backwards. His body collided with the console for my cell, angling him so his head struck the button to turn of off the shield, I then slammed him into the console again, shattering it and cutting off power to the cell. The shield dropped instantly causing the other commando to exclaim "Prisoner escape!"

I stepped out of the cell, smirking. That second commando tried opening fire however I once again channelled the Force to pull the blaster from his grip, tossing it aside before pushing him back into the wall. I turned just in time to see the Padawan racing towards me.

She began attempting to strike at me however I managed to evade. This continued for some time, with her being unable to land a single strike as I almost effortlessly dodged each one. This skirmish alerted the other commandos down the corridor.

They ran towards us and I instantly noticed the captain leading the group, my eyes shot to my lightsaber still placed on his hip. Another crucial mistake by Luminara, had she taken it back when she left, this escape would have been notably harder.

Reaching out once more, the curved hilt was ripped from the belt and flew right into my grasp. I wasted no time turning it on again, just in time to block and incoming strike from the Padawan, green and red blades clashed for a moment.

I stared down at her and said "Let's get this over with." The Padawan was quick to quip "You know you could just surrender, once Master Luminara gets back you'll be outnumbered." I glared at her, she reminded me of her master, and this caused rage to build up.

I stated "I will be far from here by the time Unduli arrives." The Padawan declared "Not if I have anything to say!" She broke out of the clash and once again tried to swipe at me, this time I was able to raise my own lightsaber to counter.

From there, we duelled. The Padawan had talent, I'd give her that, makes sense why she was assigned to Skywalker. But there was one major difference between us. EXPERIENCE! And that's why, over the course of our battle, I was able to maintain a constant advantage.