Chapter 28: The Senator's Trap

Y/N POV

"Activate the tractor beam!"

As soon as Grievous had given the order, one of the Droids inputted the command and the small Naboo craft was brought to an abrupt stop by the beam's power before being slowly pulled back. Unable to resist, it was slowly redirected and forced to land in one of the nearby hangars.

Sure enough, just as Dooku had informed us. One of the Droids informed us "Sirs! The Republic Cruisers have halted their attack!" I stepped closer saying "Our guest must have sent them a transmission. Good, saves us having to make the bargain themselves. Keep our shield up though, I don't want ANY surprises."

Grievous said "Those Jedi are so predictable." Turning to the Droids he ordered "Get a repair team up here and continue working on the Hyperdrive." He stood up and turned to walk away, prompting me to ask "Where are you going?"

To that the cyborg responded "I'm going down to the main hangar, to inspect our hostage." I placed my hands behind my back as I said "Very well, no sense in sticking around here then. I'll come with you." Grievous growled, "Do as you wish."

I followed Grievous to the lift, going inside we pushed the button to descend down to the rail network once more. While we approached the platform, Grievous explained "This ship must be returned to Count Dooku intact." I instantly replied "I agree, but if this ship is destroyed it will be on YOUR head General."

Straight away a rail car arrived in front of us, as we stepped aboard, Grievous stated "There is no room for failure." I just nodded silently allowing the rail car to set off once more, speeding along towards the hangars.

The trip was silent but that wasn't a problem. Given the rail car's speed, it didn't take us long to arrive at the platform for the main hangar. There were a few other hangars, mainly used for housing Vulture Droids, however the one closest to the bridge was the primary one where our captive awaited.

As soon as we stepped off the rail car it sped off down the tracks once again. Me and Grievous both approached the door at the far end. It opened automatically to reveal the large hangar. It seems the damage to the ship had affected here as well as small fires were present around the interior.

At the far-end of the hangar was the ship in question. A H-Type Nubian Yacht commonly associated with the upper-class of Naboo. Royalty, Senators. Given Senator Amidala's former status as queen, it was understandable she'd have one of these. It was also this that gave away that she was our target.

Image of a H-Type Nubian Yacht:

We were about to approach the yacht when I began to get an uneasy feeling

We were about to approach the yacht when I began to get an uneasy feeling. I came to a stop which caught the General's attention. Turning to me he asked in a frustrated tone "What is your problem now?"

I replied blankly "You go on ahead, I will wait out here and ensure she doesn't sneak out." Grievous stood, staring at me for a moment, his eyes narrowed as if he was thinking however he soon barked "Suit yourself. It makes little difference to me what you do."

Drawing closer, I noticed the ramp up into the ship was already lowered. Two B1 Battle Droids stood waiting at the bottom. Once Grievous reached them, he ordered "You two come with me!" The Droids didn't respond and followed him up the ramp.

I just folded my arms and watched the ship with concern. An uneasy feeling growing in my mind...

General Grievous POV

Coward! That's what the Minister was! I entered the ship to find no resistance or threats what so ever. Upon closer inspection though, it wasn't that there were no threats, but rather no one at all! The Senator wasn't here.

I looked around, snarling. How had they managed to slip out so quickly? Someone would have noticed. However there was no trace, there was also no hiding spot where they could have gone. That's when I tuned in to the beeping that sounded throughout the cockpit.

My eyes shot to the control console where I saw one of the monitors beeping. It took a second before realization set-in. As soon as it did one of the Droids pointed out "Looks like the engines are set to destroy themselves!

I spun around, shoved the droids aside and bolted for the ramp, snapping "Get out of my way!" I made it onto the ramp but before I could get a safe distance, the ship exploded. I wasn't harmed however I soon found myself under a piece of the wreckage...

Y/N POV 

My eyes widened as the yacht exploded into flames! Alarms began blaring across the hangar causing the Droids nearby to run about in panic. Several modified Battle Droids designed for combating internal ship fires appeared, with their black colour schemes.

Image of a B1 Firefighter Droid:

I pointed towards the wreckage and directed them "Put this fire out now!" They all replied in unison "Roger roger

I pointed towards the wreckage and directed them "Put this fire out now!" They all replied in unison "Roger roger." Before raising hose pipes and spraying jets of water over the flames. Not all of them were successful. One tripped over the pipe itself while another was sent flailing around by the jet of water causing me to facepalm in annoyance. Sometimes I found these Battle Droids to be incompetent, even at the simplest of tasks.

Soon, Grievous' fist punched through a chunk of wreckage. Pulling bits of it aside so that he could emerge. His cape had been burned away by the flames. I just stared at him asking "Are you alright?" I didn't particularly care, but I felt it polite nonetheless.

He roared at me in response "Shut your mouth!" Turning to the surrounding Droids, he instructed "Sound the alarm! We have stowaways aboard!" I raised a finger and said "Then, I suggest we go out and look for them."

I turned to a nearby group of Battle Droids and sternly said "You, follow us." They all responded "Roger Roger." And did exactly that. We began making our way to the exit of the hangar. The door opened revealing a corridor.

I could sense the Senator, she may have escaped, but she hadn't gotten far...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. I really hope you enjoyed it and as always, thank you for reading.