Chapter 82: The Weapons Factory

Y/N POV

My predictions had turned out right, as I'd thought. With me being distracted dispatching Ki Adi Mundi, Skywalker had once more managed to prove himself to be a problem and had gotten past both the fortified wall AND the shield generator.

Even so, the battle wasn't over yet. The factory was still very much operational and was churning out droids at a rate faster than any other, it wasn't working at full force just yet, but it was still giving us a steady supply of droids. On top of that, Poggle had informed me of some particularly interesting new weapons that would help level the playing field.

In front of us was a large hologram showing the factory and the area surrounding it. With the Republic's recent victory, we had gained the knowledge of WHERE they'd be striking from, allowing us to mount a defence.

Accompanying myself and Poggle was another of those T-Series Tactical Droids. This one designated TX-21 who wasted no time informing us "Your highness, Minister. We are detecting a fleet of Republic gunships approaching the enemy lines."

Image of TX-21:

I responded "Just as I thought

I responded "Just as I thought. Their transports sustained heavy losses in the initial landing so it makes sense they'd call for back-up." Poggle clicked "There will likely be another Jedi among them as well."

A sigh came out as I advised "I would advise against dispatching Probes, I don't want to risk it being spotted." Poggle just nodded slightly in agreement before we turned our attention to the red hologram. 

It was more detailed than the one I'd seen on Cato Neimoidia, looking at it I said "There is a risk, if they were to destroy the bridge. We may be trapped, unable to send out more troops." The Tactical Droid commented "But then they would also be trapped, unable to reach us. I calculate it is unlikely they would try your concern."

I interjected "Don't underestimate Skywalker. I've said this before and I'll say it again. He's insane, not stupid. Even if the bridge was destroyed, it would do little to stop him. He'd find a way across. He may even find a way across BEFORE destroying the bridge. Tell all droids dispatched to keep on high alert for anything remotely suspicious."

After a moment's silence, the Tactical Droid spoke up once more, informing us "The factory is operating at 50% production capacity. We have ten garrisons of new droids ready to deploy." Poggle turned and asked "And what of our secret weapon? I want them out and ready for use!"

The droid answered  "No, the Super Tanks are not ready. But when they are, the Republic forces will be routed. They have no weapons that can penetrate its heavy armour." I turned my head and spoke.

"I trust these 'Super Tanks' are the new weapons you told me about. Do enlighten me as to what makes them so special." Poggle began clicking "You will just have to wait and see. I assure you that you will not be disappointed."

As if right on time, as our attention turned back to the hologram, we could see the Republic army approaching the factory. TX-21 once again, felt the need to state the obvious. "Republic forces are approaching."

Poggle clicked out the order "Send out the first wave of droids." The Tactical droid approached a console, pushed a button and ordered "Send out droid batch one. Attack formation." Turning my attention to the hologram, I went on to spectate the battle.

The shutters to the factory slowly began to open as the first wave of Battle Droids emerged, marching their way towards the approaching Clones. The Tactical Droid reached around and pulled out the hologram communicator.

A Geonosian appeared who was promptly informed "Let them fall into the trap." You see, there was more to this battle than just the droids we were making. As soon as the Jedi and Clones had engaged them, the Tactical Droid told the Geonosian. "You may now commence the attack."

With that the transmission ended and our ambush could begin! From the spires behind the Republic forces, swarms of Geonosians emerged and began using their unique sort of firearms to catch the Clones off guard.

It was almost humorous to behold. Between the numbers of droids being churned out by the factory, and the swarms of Geonosians emerging from every nook and cranny around them, the Republic clones were having trouble keeping up, even with their Jedi leadership.

From the hologram's distance, I couldn't fully make-out WHO the Jedi were. However I had no doubt one was Skywalker. Only he would authorise a direct and blind charge into enemy territory and not call a retreat when things went blatantly wrong.

Much to my surprise though, and disappointment. The Republic began adapting to the new circumstances. They had AT-TE walkers and rocket launchers, both of which managed to blast their way through large numbers of droids. That way, the other Clones could focus on the Geonosians.

In anger, my fist clenched and my teeth gritted. Poggle was even more infuriated, pounding his fist on the table, he clicked angrily "Those wretched Clones! They will pay for this!" It was now that the Tactical Droid spoke.

"My lord, I beg you to let us use the secret weapon." Poggle appeared to think for a moment before asking "What is the status of their production?" TX-21 answered "We have twenty units ready now, and many more on the way."

At this Poggle began snapping "Very well. Send them out across the bridge, demolish their artillery and tanks then bulldoze them!" TX-21 bowed, gratefully responding "Thank you my lord."

Stepping towards the console it had before, it pushed the same button on the console before giving the order. "Deploy the Super Tanks, attack formation." As it ended the transmission, the droid turned to me.

"What you are about to see will completely shift this battle in our favour..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the next two will be interesting as they kind of co-exist, one follows Y/N's POV, the other follows Anakin. I'm not yet sure what order these will be in yet though. I really hope you liked this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.