Chapter 35: The Battle of Bothawui

Grievous POV

"If my intel is correct, the Republic have hidden three Venator-Class Destroyers, BEYOND the asteroid belt surrounding the system. You'd be wise to approach with extreme caution General." The hologram of Minister L/N glared down at me with a cold expression.

I nodded, I found it annoying I had to cooperate with this corporate slime again, but given how he'd assumed control over the listening post on Ruusan 2, I had little choice. Turning to one of the Droids, I glared at them.

They looked at the console in front of them and confirmed "The Minister is right General, the Jedi have positioned a fleet beyond the planetary rings." L/N just folded his arms and spoke "See? Now, how do you plan to overcome this obstacle? An overhead approach would put you at a disadvantage."

I stepped past the hologram causing it to turn so the Minister was still watching. Turning back to face both him and the Droids and growled "Move our ships through the Asteroid field to engage them."

At this my eyes widened "General, are you sure that's the best move? I will not have you keep destroying my vessels. The only reason I agreed to this position was because Count Dooku ordered it. Otherwise, our partnership would be long over by now."

I spat "Enough of your ramblings!" Turning to the Droid in the main pilot's seat I instructed "Through the field NOW!" The Droid leaned forward, asking "Through, the field sir?!" Stepping forward more, I turned my back to the hologram.

"As the Minister said, if we attack from above, they'll have the advantage. So, we will go through the rocks!" L/N just let out an annoyed sigh, not that I cared what he thought, before he said "Fine, you'd better know what you're doing General."

We pushed forward, entering the asteroid ring, the sound of rocks striking the front of the ship could instantly be heard causing the Droid to comment "That didn't sound good." The Minister spoke "I'll leave this to you. Contact me when the battle is over." With that the hologram signed off. Now I was finally free to focus on the battle ahead! 

I instantly instructed "All power to the forward shields!" The lead Droid asked "What if they attack us from behind?" I narrowed my eyes, if I could smirk, I would, as I responded "They can't. The asteroids will protect us." 

We continued to draw closer, the Republic ships were now in proper view. The Droid spoke again, informing "General, we have a clear shot at their cruisers." I snarled before saying "Good, good..."

That's when I instructed "Concentrate fire on the closest Republic Cruiser!" The Droid responded "Roger roger." And it was with that, all three of our frigates opened fire! Red laser bolts came from out of the Asteroid field striking those Cruisers head-on!

It seemed we had a little welcoming group here to greet us. Several Republic starfighters emerged and proceeded to engage. Leading the charge was a Delta 7 starfighter. I knew this belonged to Skywalker, I chuckled. Even HE would fall to the plan we had.

Image of Anakin's second Delta 7:

We had them completely outgunned! It didn't take long for us to bring down one of their cruisers

We had them completely outgunned! It didn't take long for us to bring down one of their cruisers. We even managed to hit the Delta 7 ship with a single blast. All seemed to be going to plan, until I received news that added further complications.

"General, we've been outflanked!"

We came under fire from behind. Not from more ships, but rather Republic WALKERS placed on the nearby Asteroids! Given how we'd focused on our FORWARD shields to make it through the asteroids, the ships were vulnerable behind!

I roared "Impossible!" Things only escalated from there, between the rear-fire from the walkers, the fire from the cruisers and the fighters, this vessel was soon the last one standing. I turned to the commanding droid and instructed "Get us out of here!"

The Droid just stared for a moment "Uh... Where are we supposed to go?" I let out a growl. I didn't care what the Minister said, this ship was a lost cause! I stormed off the bridge and began making my way to the hangar where my Soulless One waited. About the only thing the Minister provided that had been of use.

I took off, leaving the ship to perish alone. I just needed to get out of the asteroid field so I could make the jump to lightspeed! It seems this didn't go unnoticed. Skywalker's Delta 7 spun around and shot after me.

I knew of Skywalker's piloting skills. I began inputting the Hyperspace Coordinates for that listening post L/N had provided. Continuously evading laser bolts from Skywalker and his feeble attempts to take me out. What happened next was just PERFECT!

It would seem Skywalker's ship had picked up some damage on its right side, even then Skywalker continued to push right through. That proved to be his undoing, the ship spun out of control.

That was all I needed, with a push of a button, the blue vortex appeared around me as I retreated to safety. Due to Bothawui's close proximity to the listening post on the Ruusan moon, the lightspeed didn't take long. 

The gas-ball of a moon was in clear view. Along with the listening post inside it. A major victory had been scored on this day, Skywalker was finally out of the picture...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, now the reason I do chapters like this is so we can see other character's points of view. Since I'm not splitting this story into three books, I have room to include these. I really hope you enjoyed the chapter and as always, thank you for reading.