Chapter 49: Escort to Coruscant

Y/N POV

The Republic were lucky they'd heeded that Protocol Droid's warning and sent a Jedi, otherwise their Clone escort would have been cut down and the Republic would have lost two Senators in the process. Even now, it took restraint to not choke the Clones here and now.

Instead I just watched as Luminara stepped forward and asked "Captain, have you made contact with the Cruiser?" One of the two pilots responded "Yes General, we'll patch you through now." With the push of a button, a screen came up showcasing three figures in blue armour. Similar to that of the Clones only these ones I recognized as the guards that usually guarded the Senate on Coruscant, what they were doing here, I don't know.

Luminara spoke up "Jedi Cruiser tranquillity this is General Luminara Unduli requesting permission to land." The Captain in charge of the guards responded "You are clear general. We await your prisoner's arrival." Luminara nodded, saying "Thank you, Captain Argyus. I look forward to delivering them to you."

Where we were waiting, Gunray spoke up again, since we'd been brought here, he'd constantly been complaining. This time, he approached one of the Clones, I believe he was called 'Gree' or something, I heard Luminara say his name but I wasn't in the habit of remembering Clone's names.

Image of Commander Gree:

Gunray attempted to smooth-talk the Clone with a bribe

Gunray attempted to smooth-talk the Clone with a bribe. "I am a man of great wealth, and I can be very generous to my allies." I let out a laugh that caught the attention of everyone present as I remarked. "What good would money do for a Clone? They exist to serve, nothing more!"

The Clone known as Gree ignored my comment and instead stared the Viceroy before smirking "That is a very tempting offer Viceroy, in the meantime, I have a gift for you two." He reached around before holding up two sets of cuffs. I narrowed my eyes angrily.

Timeskip...

The shuttle finally reached the cruiser in question and began to dock at the port on the bottom end of the ship. Once it was connected the Clones instantly ordered both me and Gunray. "Okay you two. Get moving!"

I spitefully commented "Order me around again, and we'll see where that gets you Clone." Luminara stepped towards us and said "Don't make this harder than it has to be Y/N. We can be civilised about this."

As we walked out onto the ship, we found ourselves walking down a corridor. I'll admit, I was somewhat surprised to find Skywalker's brat of a Padawan had come along for this task, I recognized her based off her obnoxious personality, like a reflection of her master. 

Gunray wasted no time complaining. "This is an outrageous miscarriage of Justice! I demand my litigator!" His only response was the Clone commander behind us shoving him, snapping "Keep moving!" 

Ahead of us, we were approached by the blue armoured Senate Commandos. The leader of the group, I assumed was 'Argyus' judging by the earlier transmission. Once he was in front of us, he spoke. "Greetings General, we have the brig already for these-." He trailed off, eyeing us both before finishing "Traitors."

Image of Faro Argyus:

Luminara responded "Very good Captain

Luminara responded "Very good Captain. Commander Gree, let's get underway." She turned to the Clone Commander as she said this, the Clone stood upright and nodded "Right away." He got right in Gunray's face and ordered "Let's move!"

Now these Commandos joined our little group. Behind us, I could hear the Padawan commenting. "Senate Commandos? How do money-grubbing worms like Gunray and L/N rate all this security? I get that L/N's pretty tough, but surely all this isn't needed."

Luminara could be heard lecturing her. "Don't let your overconfidence give either Gunray or Y/N another advantage Ahsoka. You forget, Y/N was once a Jedi like you and I. Master Windu himself saw to his training. While your Master has faced him, it's unclear what he has learned after he left the Jedi, the allies he's made. Even now, those allies may be conspiring against us..."

Dooku POV

"Gunray and Y/N L/N's capture could be a serious threat to us my friend. While I'm confident the Minister can stay quiet, the Viceroy will not last long under Jedi interrogation."

I looked up from my bowing position and explained "I have already put a plan into action my Lord. My best Agent, Asajj Ventress will infiltrate the Jedi's ship and either free Gunray, or silence him. I have no doubt Y/N can make his own escape, especially if the Jedi underestimate him." 

My master looked down his nose at me, "Ventress? You've put a great deal of faith in an operative who has FAILED US in the past!" I understood what he meant however I still confirmed. "She is a gifted assassin. You have my word, she will complete her mission to the letter." My Lord stated "Very well. You may proceed." The hologram shut off just as the door behind me opened. I heard footsteps approaching followed by a voice. "Master?" 

I didn't even turn to face her as I sternly spoke. "There is no margin for error this time child. You must prove yourself worthy of being my apprentice." Behind me, Ventress replied in a determined tone "I am worthy. As you shall see."

With that she turned out of the room leaving me alone with my thoughts. There was a reason why I chose to not take Y/N as my apprentice yet. I tutored him to improve his fighting skills in the second form. But I never formally took him as an apprentice.

As Minister of the Shipwright's Guild, greed clouded his vision. Usually a useful trait for the Dark Side, this was very much corrupting. This greed and obsession with credits would eventually lead to his downfall, I could tell.

For now though, Ventress just had to get aboard the ship. Y/N would do his part...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, the start of the second half of this arc since 'Lair of Grievous' will literally be one chapter. I really hope you liked this and as always, thank you for reading.