Chapter 61: The Approach on the Corellian Engineering Corporation

Y/N POV

The shipyard was once again back in our possession and the armoury's contents were at my disposal. Soon enough I'll reopen the facility and start its production lines back up allowing us to multiply our ship output. Before that though, there was one final order of business to tend to. It was time to pay the Corellian Engineering Corporation a visit.

Whether I'd have been able to launch this assault without the contents of the armoury, I don't know. But why take the chance? Due to the fact that this invasion was a more 'personal' affair, I didn't have access to Separatist reinforcements. Not that I'd fully need it now as our advance was about to begin.

The main highlight of this armoury were the AAT or 'Armoured Assault' Tanks. These made up most of my advancing forces. I myself was perched in the upper level of one observing our advance towards the facility up ahead.

Image of an AAT Armoured Assault Tank:

Directly ahead of us, I could see the structure owned by the Corellian Engineering Corporation

Directly ahead of us, I could see the structure owned by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Our target. It seems our exploit within our old facility though had gained some unwanted attention because it didn't take long for us to meet resistance.

The sounds of cannon fire could be heard causing our tanks to come to an abrupt stop. I instantly got in touch with one of the droids at the front of the charge and asked "Why are we stopping?"

The droid explained "It seems there is a series of cannons directly ahead. We can't get past them, should we retreat?" I answered "No, but hold the advance, I'll contact the fleet and have them provide some aerial support.

I shut off the droid's hologram before going on to contact the Lucrehulk Control Ships that were still orbiting above us. This time, I was met with the hologram of the Neimoidian in charge who instantly asked "What is it?"

Now I was the one explaining. "We've successfully reclaimed my own facility. However we've encountered a small diversion on our was to the second objective. Some Republic cannons are posted near the facility. Deploy the Gunships and dispose of them!"

The Neimoidian bowed, saying "Yes Minister." Before the hologram shut off. For a moment after that, it was silent. No one really moved the cannon fire continued however we were too far away for it to cause any significant damage to our forces, a few droids at the front were destroyed but that's all.

Soon though, the whirring sound of ships could be heard. I looked up and just as I'd requested, I saw the HMP Droid Gunships descending down, they flew down the track we were following and began their own assault on the Republic artillery line.

Image of the HMP Droid Gunship:

They fired a barrage of lasers and missiles, explosions could be seen over the skyline

They fired a barrage of lasers and missiles, explosions could be seen over the skyline. I raised my hand and extended it out in front of me, ordering "Continue the advance. Destroy anything in our path!"

The droids continued their march forward with the tanks following close after. The number of cannons firing decreased significantly, it seems the gunships were doing their job well and had removed most of the threat.

As we drew closer to the location though we began encountering opposition of a different sort. It seemed the Clones were that desperate to fight back, they'd set up small barricades and were even stood on walkways firing at us.

Not that this was much of a problem for us. The droids returned fire, as did the tanks. The cannons had all been dealt with now so the gunships were raining down blaster fire on the opposition.

I even sent a communication back to our factory, ordering the last of our underlings. "Send in the STAP Speeders." Shortly after this they sped past, opening fire and blitzing any Clone unfortunate to get in their way. The STAP or Single Trooper Aerial Platforms were extremely fast and agile the only efficient counter to them was something of equal speed or being a Jedi.

Image of a STAP Speeder:

With all this, that initial barricade of Clones went down with no problems

With all this, that initial barricade of Clones went down with no problems. Things weren't in the clear yet, not even close. Once those Clones were out of the way, more took their place. Even so we pushed.

A lot of droids were lost in this, mostly just B1 and B2 droids. We'd given the signal for the other crafts to join the battle so it wasn't just the droids from my initial operation. The only droids absent were some of the Commando Droids, most of whom stayed behind disguised as Clones. Not that it served any purpose now, our element of surprise was long gone.

The battle wasn't exactly a struggle, given how the Clones were surprised by our attack in the first place, they seemed to have been heavily reliant on those cannons to keep us at bay. Since the gunships had destroyed them already, this wasn't a problem.

In fact, without the cannons we were able to push forward until at last we broke through their defence and reached the entrance to our second objective. One blast from an AAT was more than enough to blow a hole in the wall.

And as soon as the smoke cleared, blaster fire sounded as the Droids began piling in to the facility blasting at the Clones inside. I exited the tank as this was as far it could get. Once outside, I simply looked up.

The battle was nearing its end, I just had business to settle here...

Augustus Graves POV

A loud explosion caused the entire building to shake. I turned to the CEO and exclaimed "Sir! The droids have entered the building!" He just gave me a glare "I can see that Augustus." His head snapped to the Jedi who was stood with their arms folded.

"You, get down there and put a stop to that Minister! I don't want to see them coming through that door!"

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I hope you liked it and as always, thank you for reading.