Chapter 64: The Blockade of Ryloth, Setting a Trap

Y/N POV

"Minister are you prepared?" The hologram of the Techno Union's foreman stared down at me. I sat back in the bridge's command chair as I responded "You were the one in charge of setting up this blockade, I am merely overseeing it. From what I HAVE seen though, should the Republic try anything, their chances will be slim."

Turning to my head, I asked the Neimoidian stood beside me "What are your thoughts captain?" The captain in question was the Neimoidian Mar Tuuk, originally he was the one in charge of the blockade, however upon my arrival I'd taken over. He still was kept on-hand as my advisor as I'd heard of him before, he was a competent strategist.

Image of Mar Tuuk:

The Neimoidian grumbled in annoyance, he wasn't best pleased having the answer to me

The Neimoidian grumbled in annoyance, he wasn't best pleased having the answer to me. However he still responded "Our blockade is impenetrable. When the Republic attacks, they will get quite a surprise." A devious smirk appeared across Tuuk's face.

At this news, I also grinned slightly, I knew of what he spoke of and knew what would happen if the Republic tried anything unsuspectingly. I turned back to Tambor and stated "There you have it." Leaning forward, I asked "You aren't doubting me are you?"

Tambor's eyes widened behind his goggles "Of course I'm not Minister." I instantly cut him off "Good. In case you forgot, the only reason I came to this planet was to ensure YOU didn't do anything reckless that could harm our agreement."

It had been this way even before the war. Similar to the Trade Federation or the Banking Clan, my own corporation had a deal with the Techno Union. The nature of this one though was much different. The Techno Union were already capable of building their own ships, but after an encounter, a peace agreement was put in place between the two companies, the Techno Union were powerful allies, I wasn't going to let that be forfeit just yet, unless Tambor forced my hand.

Tambor adjusted one of the dials on his chest plate before saying "I'm counting on you Minister. We cannot allow the Republic to invade this planet." I explained "This blockade is only half the battle. You are putting too much faith in it. But very well." With that the transmission ended and I sat back, waiting for the inevitable Republic assault.

Timeskip...

And it didn't take long to arrive, three Venator cruisers emerged from hyperspace directly in front of us. At the sight of this, I couldn't help but smirk once again. It seems they'd played right into our hands once again.

The blockade consisted of one Lucrehulk control ship which I had been placed in charge of. Accompanying that were two Munificent frigates. At first glance, the Republic matched us ship for ship. However with what we had planned, this was not the case.

Even so, I decided to humour them, turning to Tuuk, I ordered "Captain, launch all fighters." The Neimoidian nodded and made a gesture to all the droids on the bridge, this gave them the signal to give the command.