Chapter 48: The Kwazel Maw and the Republic's Arrival

Y/N POV

"Senator Amidala, so good to see you at last."

Gunray leered down at the Senator, I just gave her a blank expression. The sooner she was out of the way, the sooner I could put this behind me. She shot a pleading look to Onaconda who looked away, clearly feeling even more guilty than before.

One of the droids reached out and picked Amidala up by the arm, pulling her around us so her back was against one of the nearby walls, with the Battle Droids in front of her, forming a firing squad. One of the courtyard doors also opened up, revealing two more droids escorting that gold Protocol droid from earlier.

I asked "What is this about?" One of the Battle Droids answered "We caught this one trying to make an unauthorised communication." The Protocol stammered "I-I say, I believe there's been some confusion."

His head turned to Amidala as he asked "Were you able to find Jar Jar?" Amidala's face fell into a sad expression "I think Jar Jar's dead 3PO." The Protocol Droid simply responded "Not again, poor Jar Jar. He was always such a misfit." A smirk almost spread across my face, almost.

The sound of rumbling filled the courtyard with three Droidekas appearing and coming to a stop in front of us, now taking the place of the firing squad. They unfolded and revealed their blasters, aiming at the two captives.

Gunray's eyes gleamed maliciously as he stated "I want to make sure this time!" I commented "For once, I'm impressed with your thinking Viceroy." Onaconda made one last attempt to plea with us. "Don't do this, I beg you, do not kill her. There must be another way." Gunray roared in anger "SILENCE!"

I turned to Farr and suggested. "I wouldn't test his patience if I were you." The Protocol Droid rambled again. "I think there has been some horrible mistake. I am a Protocol Droid on a diplomatic mi-."

He was cut off by Gunray giving the order. "Ready?! Aim!" Before he could give the final command to open fire, Farr abruptly pointed and called out "It's the Jedi!" We all turned and sure enough, the robed Gungan stood before us.

I wasn't fooled though, I sensed nothing from him. It really played into how stupid Gunray and Farr were to fall for this. Gunray's face became one of fear as he stepped back stuttering helplessly. "It's the Je- Je-." Amidala finished the sentence "Jedi."

I brought my hand up to my face and muttered. "Oh-..." I pointed and said "You honestly believe that this is a Jedi?" This caught the attention of everyone present. I continued "If so, you're even more foolish than I thought. All this time it's been some Gungan giving you the run-around. I shall handle this myself."

A look of terror now spread across the Gungan's face. It was clear I'd solved his little game. Stepping towards him, I took the curved hilt from my belt and readied it for battle. Before I could ignite the blade though, there was a sudden splash of water under the Gungan's feet.

I'll admit, I was actually caught off guard as a giant creature emerged. I recognized it as a Kwazel Maw, a predator usually native to the swamps of Rodia. What it was doing here, I don't know! Stepping back, I finally ignited the scarlet blade.

Image of a Kwazel Maw: