Chapter 8: A Reunion, Long Overdue

Y/N POV

Even though they were the first to suggest an evacuation, Nute Gunray and Rune Haako were actually the last to leave the Hive. Once they'd boarded their shuttle, the doors closed behind them, the shuttle took off and slowly made its way out of the hanger.

Image of the Trade Federation Shuttle:

Once they'd gone, I turned my attention to Dooku who was stood near his speeder

Once they'd gone, I turned my attention to Dooku who was stood near his speeder. Before getting on it, he turned to me saying in a stern voice. "I know there's no way of convincing you otherwise. Just make sure your determination doesn't get you captured. I cannot afford to lose your support this early on in the effort." I just nodded "I will Master. I promise you that."

Now this was what made mine and Dooku's relationship kind of strange. Formally, I wasn't his apprentice and if you knew what I did about him, you'd know it would be dangerous for him to take me in as a proper student. However I still called him Master out of respect, he still taught me the nature of the other side of the Force, helped me harness my skills in the Form 2 Lightsaber style.

Dooku sighed, before turning back to his speeder. Without another word, he dashed out of the hangar with two Geonosian ships closely behind. Now I was left all alone standing in silence. There was no turning back now.

I looked at the band on my wrist and the glowing light. I'm glad I'd programmed a means for my ship to come to me. If everything went wrong, I'd be able to make a quick getaway. 

I made my way back into the large circular war room. Now though it was completely deserted. Poggle must have been true to his word and taken all the Geonosians down into the catacombs. Now I was left all alone.

All alone to wait...

Timeskip...

And what a wait it was, every second made my anticipation even higher. I watched the battle continue to unfold on the holo-table until I finally heard a loud explosion from elsewhere in the hive followed by blaster fire.

Looking up from the table a sinister grin spread across my face. I turned around and slowly began to make my way in the direction of the explosion. There was a chance this wasn't even the Jedi I was after, but if it wasn't, that would just make them easier to deal with. 

I navigated the series of corridors, descending down a few slopes. The sounds of blaster fire only managed to get louder and now I could also hear the sound of a lightsaber revving and cutting through droids.

Rounding a corner, I finally was met with the source of the noise and my eyes lit up a bit when I saw that familiar purple blade slice a Super Battle Droid in half. He was here! Just as I'd thought. My old master.

Mace Windu lead a squad of those white-armoured troopers they stayed back and continued to blast at the remaining B1 and B2 Battle Droids. Windu cut them down one by one until the last droid fell, leaving me stood alone at the end of the corridor.