Chapter 5: The Geonosian Arena

Y/N POV

I'd never seen a Geonosian execution before. I knew their justice was strict, not nearly as soft as the Republic. I guess there was a first for everything. Gunray in particular was definitely excited, even I found the anticipation to be palpable.

We all waited as flocks of Geonosians piled into the huge arena. We in this case being myself, Dooku, Poggle, Jango, Gunray, Haako and Jango's son, Boba. The other attendees to Dooku's gathering weren't interested in the execution so they waited elsewhere until told otherwise.

Image of Boba Fett:

From where we stood I could see into the arena

From where we stood I could see into the arena. Four poles were lined up in a row. On the far right was Obi-Wan already chained in place. Shortly after, one of the gates in the arena opened up, a chariot exited with Anakin and Padme in it. Once the chariot reached the poles, they were escorted out and also chained up at the base. I could see Anakin and Obi-Wan having an exchange, but I couldn't quite make out what was being said from this distance.

Poggle gestured for us to follow, we all walked out onto a balcony, applause could be heard from the Geonosians as Poggle waved. I was stood in between him and Jango as the Archduke yelled to the crowd. "Alright settle down! Settle down!" Just like that, the crowd fell completely silent. Poggle went on to finally announce.

"Let the executions begin!"

As soon as those words were spoken, three gates at the far end of the arena began cranking open. Firstly, out of the middle gate, a large red horned creature emerged. I instantly recognized the creature as a Reek. A vicious beast from the planet Ylesia.

Image of a Reek:

The Reek let out a loud roar that echoes through the arena

The Reek let out a loud roar that echoes through the arena. The second gate opened shortly after to reveal an Acklay, a green pincer-like legged creature from Vendaxa. It let out a loud screech as one of the Geonosian guards spoked it with a spear trying to push it towards its soon to be, victims.

Image of an Acklay:

The third and final gate revealed a Nexu from Cholganna

The third and final gate revealed a Nexu from Cholganna. This one was especially savage. As one of the guards poked it with its spear. It lashed out, killing the guard and chewing on its corpse! Not that it mattered, another took its place straight after.

Image of a Nexu:

All three creatures were escorted across the arena by several Geonosian guards, towards the captives on the other end

All three creatures were escorted across the arena by several Geonosian guards, towards the captives on the other end. On the balcony, we each stepped closer to get a better look at what was happening. As this was happening, I did noticed Padme had managed to free one of her hands and was no climbing up her pole.

Each creature seemed to focus on a specific target. The Ackley went right for Obi-Wan, letting out a hiss as it thrust one of its pincers forwards in a stabbing motion. Obi-Wan ducked just in time, causing the pincer to slice right through the chain holding him. The Acklay made more attempts to attack Kenobi, but the Jedi just dodged each one. 

While this was happening, the Reek charged forward, snarling to itself as it raced towards Anakin. In a perfectly timed move though, he leapt up, landing on the creatures back. He wrapped his chain around its horn and as the beast pulled, the chain was ripped off the pole. 

The Nexu, targeted Padme. It leapt up, using its claws to latch onto the pole as it got closer. Padme tried using her chain to swat at it, she struck it twice in the face only angering it further as it growled and retaliated, slashing her across the back, tearing the bottom part of her shirt and making her cry out in pain.

At this I heard  Gunray cackle to himself. Me and Poggle both glared in his general direction, I muttered "Perhaps he's enjoying this a little too much." Before we both returned our focus to what was going on in the arena. 

The Acklay was still trying to slash at Obi-Wan while Anakin continued to ride the Reek. He fell off for a moment and was dragged behind it. The Nexu tried to claw its way back up the pole towards Padme, however this time she leapt off. Using her chain, she swung around and managed to kick the beast to the ground.

Gunray snapped "She can't do that! Shoot her! Or something..." Padme slowly began climbing back up as the Nexu whined. The Acklay ran into one of the poles knocking it down in the process while the Reek finally came to a stop.

Anakin got back to his feet and slowly approached. His hand was extended in front of him, I could tell he was using the Force to calm it as it just snarled gently. Anakin got closer before leaping onto its back. Using his chain, he twirled it around and wrangled the Reek by its horn again and around its neck!

Obi-Wan managed to snatch a spear from one of the guards, throwing it towards the Acklay. As it approached, I noticed its pincer impaled the guard through its back as it tried to crawl away. Padme was still trying to uncuff her other hand as the Nexu prowled around the base of the pole.

Watching Obi-Wan fend of the Acklay with the spear was actually quite impressive. He thrust the sharp blade out to startle it and evaded stab attacks. The Acklay kept screeching at him. I grinned in amusement at the display.

Padme just about managed to uncuff herself just as Anakin charged the Reek forward. It collided with the Nexu, impaling it with its horn, killing it in an instant. Anakin made the creature stop in its tracks as Padme leapt down onto its back behind him.

I noticed now that she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. I let out an "Oh?" Noise. I made a mental note that should this incident not end well. I could perhaps tell Gunray I'd found a way he could get to the Senator.

Obi-Wan was still fighting the Acklay at this point. He threw the spear into its shoulder however the beast was barely hurt. It reached around, gripping the spear in its teeth and snapping it in two with one bite.

This made the crowd cheer as Obi-Wan made a run for it. He regrouped with the other two causing Gunray to once again complain. "This isn't how it's supposed to be!" Turning to Jango he ordered. "Jango, finish her off!"

I snapped "Viceroy, one more complaint from you and I'll throw you down there!" Dooku raised a hand "There's no need for that Y/N. Patience Viceroy, patience. She will die." Several Droidekas rolled out of one of the gates, surrounding the three prisoners. I stared in anticipation, Boba stepped forward, looking down with a child's excitement. This seemed to be the end.

That's when the sound of a lightsaber igniting was heard behind me...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, technically the first action scene of the book, the next few will likely be better as we'll actually have lightsaber combat. Of course, the next one will be a direct follow-up of this one. I really hope you enjoy and as always, thank you for reading.