03. About The Heir

"The messengers are sent with invitations for the ceremony. I have gone through the list and have talked with the finest cook in our Kingdom, Sire."

Jungkook nodded at Taehyung who was listing his works one by one. Jungkook was glad he had Taehyung, to look after the Royal duties in case he remains absent for some reason. Though they weren't really good mates to each other but they definitely were best matching work mates.

"Good. Tell Namjoon to start the preparations for guest's residence.", Taehyung gulped and looked at Jungkook while nodding.

"Um... I had a question, Sire.", Taehyung said quietly making Jungkook look at him. He nodded at him silently gesturing to go on.

"I heard, you requested for Kisaengs too, Sire.", He said silently not wanting to be using accusing tone at him. Jungkook silently nodded before going back to his paperwork.

"But... Is it necessary, my King?", Taehyung deliberately used endearing term as to not get the Alpha angry. But despite his effort for it, Jungkook frowned and looked at him.

"What do you mean by necessary?", Jungkook asked. Taehyung gulped.

"I... I didn't mean to-", he stuttered a little. Jungkook's eyes softened immediately when he saw his mate terrified by him.

"I understand Tae what you're trying to say. But this is our celebration. It's customary to bring Kisaengs and alcohol to the ceremony. Otherwise how would guests enjoy the ceremony?", He said in a soft tone while looking Taehyung's uneasy face. He sure was a little uncomfortable.

"Okay... I won't accuse you for your any decision. I was just... Looking out for you. Your image shouldn't get tainted....", Taehyung babbled. Clearly making things up since he himself didn't know what he was talking about. But Jungkook seemed to believe him because either he was kind of busy in some work.

"Mhm... It won't.", He assured him distractedly.

Among their conversation a guard interrupted, "Your Majesty, the royal healer's here...". Jungkook nodded and told him to get him inside. Taehyung got the clue and took his leave.

After Taehyung went out, a tall handsome Alpha came inside. His pure white Hanbok with black hema gave away his decent profile of his work. He was quite young but incredibly genius and thus in the civil exams that were held for the Royal healer's qposition, he had distinction. Now he was youngest Alpha in their kingdom to hold the position of Royal Healer.

The Alpha bowed to the King and stood straight. King gestured him to sit.

"So, why did you decide to visit me so suddenly Seokjin Hyung?", Jungkook asked.

"It's not suddenly per say. But I wanted to have some talk with you.", Seokjin said.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Today I examined Aera. I know you have been trying for a pup, so she wanted me to give her some medicines since she's not pregnant yet. How many years has it been since you're trying?", Seokjin asked while Jungkook hesitated a little while listening. Not getting your mate pregnant is something no Alpha takes pride in. This is kind of subject of embarrassment for him. But since it was their healer, he needed to give him all the answer. Especially when it concerned about his future heir.

"We have been trying ever since we got mated. But what is it? Is there any problem?", He asked concerned. Seokjin's expressions morphed into pity.

"I'm afraid, Yes.", Seokjin said with dull expressions. Jungkook's frown increased.

"As per my observation, Aera is unable to conceive since her ovulation cycle is kind of irregular. I could have given her some medicines but her womb is not sustainable for the foetus. She won't be able to carry a pup. I sincerely apologise for being the bearer of bad news and being unable to do anything against it.", The older Alpha was apologetic and it showed on his face. Jungkook was silent. He didn't know what to say.

He decided to call Taehyung, as he was not only his mate but also an adviser. Taehyung immediately came back.

"What happened Sire?", He asked as he made himself comfortable on the seat opposite to the both Alphas.

"There is something regarding Aera's health.", Jungkook said before giving look to Seokjin. Taehyung raised his eyebrow.

"She is unable conceive. Seokjin Hyung had done her examination earlier today and he came to this conclusion based on the results. She can't become a mother.", He thoroughly explained.

"That leaves us with only one option. You. And we needed to hear a word from you.", Jungkook said further making Taehyung stutter.

"M-me? What can I-I do... in this?", He asked looking at both the Alphas alternatively. His usual calm demeanor faltering.

"You are his first mate, Taehyung-ssi. You should consider about it since a Kingdom must have an heir...", Seokjin spoke but nothing was actually going into Taehyung's head. He was blank.

'Aera is practically infertile and now the responsibility of bearing King's child comes to me... Gosh. I thought that dumb girl at least could do something... Useless brat. No. I just... can't.', Taehyung thought annoyed at the thought, mostly Aera. He had his reasons not to get intimate with the King despite being his mate. And Jungkook seemed to caught in his thoughts.

"Seokjin Hyung, I think we should not force him to it... It's his call and I'm fine with whatever it is...", Jungkook said calmly making Taehyung heave a sigh of relief. Seokjin softly smiled.

"Okay but you will have to face the situation sometime. I hope you make a decision wisely.", Seokjin said. Jungkook just nodded.

"Or we do have one more option...", Taehyung said in a little voice.

___________________

"What!? He wants you to take a concubine?"

Aera shrieked raising his head up to face Jungkook. Right now they were laying naked in their bed after a intimate session. Jungkook was still dazed out. Always has been. Even having a sex has became a regular chore for him. It's not about them anymore. So he knows what she's going to say next.

"Why would you take concubine!! You don't need to. I can conceive your child! I definitely can. Taehyung is doing this on purpose. He is just jealous of me because we are more closer despite him being the first. He always has been jealous-"

"Aera, we are not having this conversation now. I'm tired.", He said tiredly, rolling to face away from the frustrated Omega. Even her withered scent of Lilies couldn't lure him to sooth her.

"But the concubine-"

"Aera. For the last time, I am tired. And about bearing a pup, you are infertile. And I can't force Taehyung. He is far from being jealous of you. For the concubine subject, I don't want to discuss it up until the ceremony is done day after tomorrow.", Jungkook said in a low grave voice making Aera's mouth fall shut.

Jungkook finally closed his eyes when he felt Aera roll away from him. He feels empty. He always feels empty.

Almost like some part of him is missing... He ignores it and closes his eyes shutting off all the wondering thoughts.

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

I'm sorry I got busy again thus this update came in late. But I swear I won't be late again...

Tell me how was it...

Borahae 💜