38. Old Friend

"We'll try tomorrow once again...", Jimin sighed to which Hwasa just replied nonchalantly.

They were tired after they had spent their whole day in the forest. After numerous attempts at hunting a generous animal, they failed miserably. And as Hwasa said, that was because winter hasn't ended completely for herds to start moving towards the inhabited area. So after they thought it was time for Jimin to return to the palace, they started walking towards Kisaeng House.

As they reached the gate to the house, they found a package neatly packed in wild tree leaves. They were confused. Jimin approached the parcel and picked it up to open it.

It was a neatly packed hare someone might have hunted down judging the sharp wound it had near its neck region.

"Who kept this here?", Hwasa asked from behind him. Jimin shook his head clueless, inspecting the dead animal. If the person who hunted it, used the poisonous arrow, it might be harmful for consumption. He inspected the wound for residual effect of the wound. He found none, meant it was safe for consumption.

"It doesn't seem like it was hunted by a poisoned arrow. Besides it was packed, which means it was given to us. But who would give us anything??", Jimin stated making Hwasa cheer.

"Leave it Jimin-ah!!! Isn't it a good news!! Although we failed to hunt any animal, we still got blessed by one. Let's celebrate our first hunt!!!", she slapped his back with excitement and Jimin had to wince at her force. She was strong for a female Omega.

"Yeah, but I need to head back. It's past dawn. You can celebrate with others.", Jimin said picking up his arrows and bow. Hwasa frowned at the suggestion.

"Oh... Let's celebrate tomorrow then. We will come back from hunting earlier and then we shall celebrate. I'll give this to Hyuna to salt it.", She said waving the package. Jimin nodded apprehensively.

"I'll see you tomorrow then.", He waved.

"Yeah... Come early!! I'll be waiting."

_____________________

Taehyung really had a bad headache. Jungkook has been eating his head about Jimin lately.

'That man seriously needs to learn about how feelings work.', Taehyung scoffed in mind as he turned towards the infirmary. Alpha Jin might have some remedy for his growing headache.

Just as he was about to enter the infirmary, he saw a pair of wolves exiting the place hand in hand. Their smells pleased and permeating the air with happy pheromones. The pair halted as they saw Taehyung infront of them.

"Hey Namjoon...", Taehyung smiled. His eyes unconsciously went towards their intertwined hands. A heavy feeling settling in. Namjoon wasn't fool to not notice Taehyung's stare. His hand went up towards his Omega's waist to wrap around it protectively. Yoongi gasped at Namjoon's sudden behaviour but he understood the Alpha. He just tried to smooth down hi Alpha by caressing his hand secretly.

"Hey Taehyung. Headed to infirmary?", Namjoon tried saying keeping his voice normal. Taehyung broke his stare and looked up at him.

"Yeah, I was. Just wanted some concoction or something for headache.", He shrugged.

"Are you not okay? Is it serious??", Namjoon asked with worry lacing his voice. Taehyung was somehow pleased by his concern.

'He still cares...'

"It's nothing serious... But why were you in the infirmary?", He asked curiously looking at both of them respectively. The Omega in front of him returned the look. Somehow, he didn't hate the Omega. He could never. He knew, Yoongi was not the one who was in fault. And him being not with Namjoon was his sister's doing and his own misfortune...

"Umm...", Yoongi hesitated before speaking up. "We're expecting.", Namjoon completed the sentence for Yoongi. Taehyung's eyes widened for a moment. A pain shot through his heart once again like past million times. But this was not sharp enough.

Maybe his pain is also becoming blunt as the time passed by... He pulled his one of the practiced smiles, "Congratulations."

"Thank you Prince Beta...", Yoongi politely bowed and Namjoon did also.

"Now if you excuse me...", Taehyung spoke and passed from besides them. Namjoon suddenly called him.
"Taehyung-ah..."

Taehyung turned around to look at the pair. Yoongi was looking at his Alpha in confusion but he didn't seem to have any problem with how Namjoon called him. Namjoon must've told him... He smiled at Namjoon and walked away after saying something to him silently.

"I know I'm no one to tell you this. But please try to move on, find happiness."

"I am happy."

"You still haven't learnt how to fool me.", Namjoon chuckled sadly. Taehyung turned away his face etched in embarrassment. He can never lie to this man. "You are not happy, but start looking for your happiness. Who knows, his Majesty might be your only happiness?"

Taehyung scoffed. "I'm not Aera nor Jimin-ssi."

"But you're still the one, he looks for whenever he feels trapped.", Namjoon countered. Taehyung looked flustered. He was himself lost. Taehyung might be a genius but he was still vulnerable when it came to emotions. Namjoon knew this.

"You know Taehyung-ah, he needs guidance and you're the only one who will guide him sincerely, who will not backstab him unlike most people we know... You know how thoroughly misguided he is.....", Namjoon said.

"You want me to become his teacher. Where's my happiness in this?", Taehyung snickered mockingly. And a little smile etched Namjoon's lips.

"Don't tell me you don't enjoy pampering that man. As an advisor there many things that don't require your attention but you still do it for him. Rather doing other stuff, you spend time being his advisor. Isn't it a good sign of you finding something which you enjoy? All you need to do is just open up and accept it..."

Taehyung couldn't do anything but just blink.

"I will see you around."

_________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!!

Here's a short update since I don't have much time to write. Just few more days and I will be free...

Borahae 💜