64. Painful Truth

"But Jimin ah.... One more thing he got to know... That, he might be in danger."

Jimin fell silent. Taemin also remained silent waiting for Jimin to respond and suggest their next step. He knew Taehyung was waiting and he will be here to take Jimin anytime. Jimin didn't waste anytime neither did he say any word and started walking back towards his chamber. Taemin was confused about what he was thinking. 

"Jimin?"

"Prepare a batch of your men. We are leaving immediately for the place where he is.", He heard Jimin say while still walking away. Suddenly, he was crossed by Taehyung. Taehyung almost ran towards Jimin and held his hand to stop him. Startled, the Omega turned around to look at him before his expressions morphed into a calmer tone like always. 

"What are you planning Jimin?", Taehyung asked carefully. He was trying to study the smaller's expressions but he got no lead. Jimin was far more than trained in masking his feelings expertly. Though he didn't want to tell Taehyung anything, he knew he cannot avoid him for long. He wasn't going to take any step without letting any official know. 

"I'm sure you must've heard everything Taehyung-ssi. I want you to take it as an order prepare a journey for me. I don't think you need any more explanation than this.", He said coldly. Taehyung knew Jimin was not going to stop. 

"Jimin, please listen to me. You don't need to go there. I will send a batch as per your order but you need to remain here. Please don't leave. Its a request.", Taehyung said desperately. 

"I'm afraid I have to deny your request, Taehyung-ssi.", he proceeded to walk away that's when Taehyung lost it.

"He doesn't belong to this palace or kingdom anymore, Jimin-ssi. You need to give me proper reason if you're leaving the palace. If its not reasonable, I'm afraid you cannot leave the palace. That too for someone who is unrelatable to royal matters."

"That's my mate you are talking about Taehyung-ssi.", Jimin said furiously. For the first time in last two months Taehyung was seeing the neutral mask of Jimin crumbling down. His face now showed clear anger and disappointment.

"He might not be any important asset to our Kingdom right now but he still is my mate.. He might have forgotten his duties as my mate all along but I'm not like him. It's not because I hold any affection for that person but I want to be a responsible person towards everyone as this Kingdom's first in command.", Jimin stopped for a bit and bore eyes into Taehyung, "Is this reasonable enough for you Taehyung-ssi?"

Taehyung had no words left to say. Seeing his fall silent Jimin got the answer and started walking back after giving Taemin a silent nod to proceed with the preparation. He was sure that Taehyung won't be trying to stop him but his thoughts came to a halt when he suddenly felt Taehyung grab his hand.

"Fine. I will tell you everything."

___________________

"I want to know everything and I expect you to provide me with it.", Jimin said. This time his tone calmer and not so closed off. Taehyung was grateful for it. He took a long breath and started talking.

"When I was sent here to get married with Jungkook, I had established that I didn't want to keep such relations as such. So despite being married, we never stayed as mates. So I never kept track of his.. ruts. But when  Aera couldn't conceive for many years, we had to keep track of her every heat cycle. Although I knew she won't be conceiving by any means but that's a story for another day. Slowly I realised that Jungkook was missing his ruts cycle. At first, our healer thought that Aera might not be conceiving because of that reason. But soon he said that it wasn't the case. The fault was with Aera. But then it started to bug me as to why Jungkook was missing his ruts.", Taehyung took a breath and measured Jimin's expressions. He was not showing any change of emotions. So he continued. 

"Soon I tried confirming Jungkook that if he was on any medication. He said he was not and what surprised me even more that he was not even keeping tracks of it. So I started studying his schedule. It was all normal, then why his cycle was out of place, I couldn't grasp it. Slowly I started catching up some facts like he was losing his sense of smell and taste. Or may I say it wasn't strong like before. But Jungkook was ignoring it as if it was normal. That's when I thought that something was wrong with him.", Jimin's breathing had started slowly rising. Without saying anything Taehyung slipped a glass of water towards him. He immediately picked it up and gulped down the whole glass before looking Taehyung with obvious concerned glance. 

"What is it that you found out?", he asked with worried tone. Not caring anymore if was showing too much emotions. 

"It was very obvious from the start that he was not a perfect king, Jimin-ssi. He always stayed conflicted whenever it came to take a decision. In most of the matters I was there by his side, especially when it came to court matters. But I always found it irritating at first that Jungkook had no training regarding court matters. But slowly I realised that he was always trained properly yet he found it difficult to make any decision. At first I tried to handle it as much as I can but slowly I started to dig in. I started inspecting his routine closely. His sleeping hours, his meals, his training sessions, everything. And soon I found a lead. I found out there was a herb that is mixed with Jungkook's each meal. And that was happening under the observation of Aera."

"What kind of herb!!", Jimin almost screamed. Taehyung puffed out a breath painfully. That gave Jimin a gist of whatever it was to come and he knew that it wasn't good. 

"A herb which can never be used as a medicine. A herb that is basically known as wolfbane."

____________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

So... Do you know what is a wolfbane?

Borahae <3