48. Bearer Of The Bad News

'Why do you stand here, now that I don't wait for you?'

Jungkook was left speechless and Jimin was about to leave the garden when a royal guard came running and passed beside Jimin to reach the King in a hurry.

"Long live, your Majesty.", He bowed while breathing quickly. Jungkook nodded, still not very attentive because of the earlier conversation with Jimin.

"Omega Princess has requested your presence urgently, your Majesty.", He said and Jungkook frowned at the guard. Just an hour or two ago he  strictly had warned that he didn't want to meet anyone or her. Then what did she want now. Jungkook could swear she was becoming overbearing day by day.

She either approached him late in night to initiate intimacy or just plainly annoy him about Jimin or Taehyung. Although he had told her several times that he's not going to banish either of them, she kept trying to put bad words about them. But something in him always took their side first. Aera's words didn't matter him anymore.

"I thought I had warned that I didn't want to meet anyone.", Jungkook said with seriousness lacing his tone and glaring eyes. The guard who brought the message started shaking, fearing what he would be punished for.

"Y-your majesty, it is an e-emergency! I was told to take you to the Omega Princess' bedchamber as soon as possible. Omega Princess had fainted a few minutes ago and the Royal healer's assistant is treating her as of now.", hearing this Jimin looked at Jungkook with wide eyes and just after a minute both of them were off towards Aera's room.

"What happened?", Jungkook bolted in the bedchamber seeing Aera resting on the bed and her face looked kind of tired. Jimin trailed behind Jungkook but waited outside the door, trying to take the scene in.

The Healer's assistant was checking on Aera. Hearing the King's voice he stood up abruptly and bowed. Jungkook hardly acknowledged him and looked at Lisa who he knew to be Aera's personal servant. Lisa approached the Alpha in slow strides, while doing so her gaze went to Jimin who was standing behind out of the door. Jimin's glare hardened but he didn't pay much attention to her.

"It looks like an exhaustion and poor stomach, your majesty. Princess has been throwing up her food for past few days.", She provided and Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed. He looked at the Healer's assistant, Changmin.

"Where is Seokjin Hyung?"

"He is currently visiting his home in North, your Majesty. He won't be there up until next month. He has told me to look after the Healer's cabin until then.", Changmin said. Jungkook just nodded.

"So what's happening with her?", He asked.

"Princess Omega is expecting. Four weeks in. Congratulations on the future heir of our Kingdom, Your Majesty!!"

Jungkook as well as Jimin froze in their places as the words rang in their ears. Jungkook looked at Aera in shock. She was smiling shyly. But when she saw a shocked face of the Alpha, she felt hurt and then her attention went towards Jimin who was standing outside the room with similar expressions.

"You are not h-happy?", Aera asked with a tremble in her voice. Jungkook snapped out of his daze with her voice and looked at her bewildered.

"I-I am happy.", Jungkook said eagerly but his voice held absolutely no enthusiasm like Aera had been expecting. She narrowed her eyes like she had caught him red handed while lying and then she looked at Jimin before turning back to Jungkook.

"If so, I have something to say.", He slanted eyes have turned into something Jungkook didn't understand. "What is it?", He asked.

"Now that I'm carrying your pup", she turned her eyes to look at Jimin with arrogance and slight smirk, "—the heir of Busan, I think there's no need for this Kisaeng to be here, is it?"

Jungkook's eyes widened. Unknown to him, a growl built up in his throat, his Alpha in him slowly waking after so long. But his eyes snapped as he heard another voice.

"What are you saying?", Taehyung came here after someone had notified him about the commotion. Although he didn't have any concerns for her so called sister, he couldn't help but feel she was onto something. So he reached her bedchamber only to see her demanding for Jimin's departure from the palace. And on the other hand, he clearly saw some mirth in Lisa's eyes as she eyed Jimin up and down.

"I don't see I'm saying something out of context. This Kisaeng was brought here to produce an heir for us. Now that I'm pregnant, I don't see any purpose of his presence here, or does my Alpha want to keep him as concubine now?", She scoffed making Taehyung's blood boil.

"Princess Omega is right. My purpose has ended now.", Jungkook turned to look at Jimin who looked like a calm ocean like always. "Congratulations to you and your family, Your Majesty. I hope you will let me go now..", Jimin said but his voice seemed a little strained despite having a calm demeanor. Jungkook was gulping heavily, tears threatening to appear. Jimin turned to leave.

"But the heir hasn't been born yet!! You're required to stay in the Palace till the heir is born.", Jungkook almost screamed. He felt like slapping himself after saying these words. Why was he fucking up? He didn't want to say this. But he wanted Jimin to... Stay.

"But I had demanded for freedom, your majesty. We had a contract where you will relieving me from my Kisaeng duties. You cannot go back on the contract.", Jimin said with a hard face.

"But... What if something happens? You cannot go until I get heir!!", Jungkook said stubbornly. Jimin knew what he was doing. He knew him very well.

"Alpha!!", Aera gasped at Jungkook but she was hardly given any attention between the on going tension among two people.

"Fine, I won't leave but I'll also be not staying here. You don't want to make your Omega uncomfortable with presence while she is expecting, do you? I will stay at Kisaeng house until Omega Princess births the pup. Now I will take my leave."

Jimin left without leaving anything to question.

_____________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!!

Leave your thoughts here....

Borahae 💜