43. Late Night Message

Jimin was glad that Jungkook has finally left his trails. He was on him for almost whole day, so could he expect for Jimin to not get angry. But he still managed to maintain his calm throughout.

Now that he was back at palace again, he felt his mood get sour. Good thing he still had collar tied on his neck not letting out any pheromones. He didn't want to show his pheromones getting wild to anyone at this late night. All he needed was just a good rest. Tomorrow's hunting plan has been cancelled anyway.

Earlier when Jungkook was busy enjoying their Kisaeng house's cheap celebration, he managed to talk with Hwasa. Saying, he knew Jungkook would come on their backs tomorrow too so they should just take a break of day or two. And Hwasa nodded apprehensively for his sake.

Before he could retire to his dusty and shaggy servants chamber, he collided with the person he was least fond of of.

"Oh my!! What a pleasant surprise or may I say, play of destiny to meet you at this time... Alone in the night??", Lisa said with her annoying smirk. Jimin tried not to punch her but he was too tired to entertain anyone. Let alone this beta.

Jimin ignored her entirely and started walking towards his chambers. But she once again cut him, "You don't seem very happy to see me. Perhaps the King has pleased you for tonight, is it?"

Jimin clenched his jaw in anger but he didn't want to engage with Lisa in any way. So he just tried to keep his cool.

"You can atleast acknowledge me, you know.", She was now crossing her limits. "I don't deem answering you as an obligation for me. Now leave my way.", He said in a stern voice. Well, Lisa never expected any less from him than hostility. But she also knew how to pull his nerve.

"You must be very happy to be back in the palace, aren't you Jimin ah? You must be thinking that this is your chance to take your revenge??", She asked with a smug face. Jimin turned to her with a sharp move, forgetting about ignoring her. His mood is already soured.

"Behold before saying anything against the King. Might not end up good for you.", He bit back with a hiss. Lisa was amused seeing he still was caring about the same person who has ruined his life. She let out a chuckle. A poisonous and mocking one.

"I see, you still care about him enough to take his side. Even after this much mishaps...", She was cut by Jimin harshly before she could utter any extra word.

"It's not care about him. It's about filth like you. And to abolish someone as cunning as you, I don't mind taking anyone's side.", He said and disappeared from the scene.

Lisa stood there for a few more minutes staring at the empty place he was standing just few seconds ago. Her head filled with undefined emotions but one emotion more clear than others. Rage.

______________________

Taehyung was still working in the study. He still had many documents that were unresolved.

Well, people have never ending problems.

Once he was done for the day, he stood up from the chair with the urge of cracking few bones. He didn't even have dinner today.

He usually ate with the King and Princess Omega. But today, Jungkook decided to have sudden adventures and had disappeared in the morning itself. And he had no interest in sharing dinner with Aera so he spent his time working in study nor did Aera seek him out for dinner.

He knew well where Jungkook had went. But he still needed to talk with him that he cannot act like this. He decided that the first thing he'll do in the morning is catch the sneaking out King and scold him a little.

He was about to retire to his room when a guard approached him. Taehyung was surprised to see a messanger this late. The messanger quietly handed him an envelope and Taehyung almost had an idea what was this looking at the seal on the cover of envelope. He still opened it in lazy manner and eyed it, going through the letters and words rapidly.

His eyes hardened with certain emotion.

______________________

Jungkook was almost ready early in the morning to sneak out from Taehyung's eyes once again. But sadly that didn't work out when Taehyung himself was standing in front of his bedchamber. He almost had a mini heart attack seeing Taehyung's stoic face.

"Oh! Taehyung!! I was—"

"You were sneaking out to tail Jimin, I know.", He said before Jungkook could even explain himself. He was tongue tied.

"But I'm not here to give lecture on that. For now at least. It's something else and important."

Jungkook saw how serious Taehyung was. If Taehyung was not acknowledging his mistake and was here talk something else, it must be even more serious then.

"What is it Taehyung?", He asked with serious face. Taehyung just pulled out the envelope he received late night yesterday and held in front of the King. Jungkook looked at envelope and Taehyung simultaneously.

He observed the seal knowing this was from Taehyung and Aera's kingdom. What was serious about it then. He looked at Taehyung with confusion. Understanding his question, Taehyung opened his mouth to speak.

"King Kim of Taegu is here with few of your other allies. They want to discuss a serious issue as per the letter and have requested immediate meeting with whole court present.", He said and Jungkook furrowed his brows.

"Our other allies? And what must be emergency for them to show up without proper prior notice instead of this short message?", He asked Taehyung who seemed to have his face hardened. Meanwhile Jungkook thought about how Taehyung didn't address King Kim as father and acted as the one from Busan and not having any connection with Taegu kingdom.

"I can't tell anything, your majesty. But from the looks of it, it doesn't feel like anything good. I have already sent messages to all the courtiers to be present in the court immediately and I'm here to take you there..."

___________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!!!

It's so long!!! Nowadays I don't find much inspiration to write, honestly. But don't worry. I'm not going to abandon my books at all.

But whenever you comment, I feel the motivation to write.. so like and comment a lot...

Borahae 💜