57. Only My Son

Jungkook returned to the palace with heavy heart. The chaos around Kisaeng house had died down. Fortunately Taehyung was alerted earlier as possible to bring help and there were no fatalities.

"Alpha...", he barely had stepped in his bedchambers when a high pitched voice greeted him. Tired, he hadn't noticed Aera's scent before entering the room so seeing her seeting on his bed was quite a surprise for him. He wasn't expecting for any more chaos nor did he wanted to meet anyone after such an eventful night. So he strictly had ordered the keeper to not allow anyone in. But it seems Aera was already there.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be sleeping by now?", he frowned making Aera scoff in disbelief.

"Are you seriously asking me this? I was so worried that my Alpha might be in danger when I heard of that fire!! I couldn't even have a blink of sleep and how do you expect me to have a sleep when you were at that wretched place!! What were you even doing there?", She yelled out making Jungkook wince at her shrill voice. He looked at her tiredly. To say he himself was dead tired and didn't want to have any conversation regarding anything now. So being questioned at was definitely something he despised right now. But instead of lashing back at her, his face became cold.

"I think you have some misunderstanding here, Aera. I am a king and where I go and what I do is none of your business.", he said calmly.

"But I'm your mate!!"

"And your job is to ask me about my wellbeing, that's it. Not questioning my duties. Now go back to sleep.", he said coldly and started walking towards her. She was confused when he held her hand and started guiding her towards the door. She was shocked.

Was he her out like some no one??

She shook her hand away from his hold. Jungkook halted and looked at her. From his expressions, she knew he was not joking around. She hissed at him angrily, "Why are you treating me like this!? I'm your mate, I'm carrying your pup!! Or do you are brainwashed enough to forget this? I should've known this would happen when that slut stepped his foot in!"

"KIM AERA!!! Mind your words and go fucking back to your chambers. I haven't forgotten about the pup but it seems you have. Stop this bullshit and go back to your room before I loose my temper. You would regret mocking me at this time.."

Jungkook's aura was cold but threatening that made Aera shiver in fear. She didn't wanna poke his anger further but rationality has never been the part of her brain.

"I will go... But please... Please promise me something.", she said desperately clinging on his arm. He looked at her tiredly, "Now what?"

"You will not bring him back. At any costs. Remember, I'm already giving you an heir. He was here only for that purpose and now, there's no need for it. So promise me, you'll not bring him back."

Jungkook looked at her for sometime making her even more nervous.

Why isn't he promising her??

She snapped out of her reverie when she heard a deep chuckle of amusement. He looked at her like she was joking and then his face cold again.

"Just go back."

"First promise me Alpha!!", she screamed at him making his face turn darker.

"Or else what?"

"W-what?", she stuttered.

"OR ELSE WHAT?", he growled making her shiver and tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Can't answer?", he movked. "Don't expect me to bend to your wills like a puppet I've always been like a fool. An important hearing will be held in the court day after tomorrow. And I expect you to bring yourself without any questions. Understand?", he said and left the room, not waiting to hear her reply.

"Alpha!", Aera called out but he was already out for tonight.

______________________

Taemin stared at the high ceiling above him. Sleep was definitely further from his reach. A sigh escaped after his troubled mid decided to give up not knowing his son was also awake because of his distressed pheromones.

"Appa?", Soobin still called out softly. Taemin looked at the pup with worried face. "What happened, pup?"

"Why aren't you sleeping?"

"Because we are at a new place pup and I need to keep watch while everyone sleeps peacefully.", answer automatically came to him since he has become immune to Soobin's sudden curiosities.

"Because you are the pack Alpha?", he asked again.

"Yes pup.", he said lovingly caressing pup's head sohe can go back to sleep. But suddenly pup sat up.

"Then I will stay awake too. Because you say I'm going to be the leader of our pack when I grow up.", he said puffing his little chest making Taemin laugh heartily.

"My Goddess, look at you!! You already look so fierce that I'm scared!!!", Taemin said picking up Soobin and putting him in his lap. The pup squealed in joyous laughter as his appa started tickling him.

"No you're not!!"

"Yes I'm!!"

"No you're not!! My appa is not scared of anything!!", Soobin squealed while hugging Taemin to stop him from tickling him and slowly the laughter died down.

'I'm scared pup. I'm scared of loosing you...', Taemin thought while silently patting the pup's back.

As if hearing his thoughts, Soobin started patting Taemin's back in hugging position. Taemin held him close.

"Appa?"

"Mhmm... No matter what anyone says, you will always be my Appa."

Taemin was shocked. He pulled the pup in front of him.

"Pup, did anyone say anything to you?", he asked with fear lacing his voice. Soobin didn't answer just hugged him back. Before he could ask him again, a voice called out from the door.

"Taemin hyung."

"Jimin?", Taemin gasped. He saw in front. Soobin was also staring at his Eomma, a little bit in awe.

"Can I talk to you outside?", he asked with little voice. While doing so, his eyes trailed over the pup painfully. His sight tugging his heartstrings. But he ignored it for now. He needed to talk to Taemin.

Taemin put the pup down slowly after whispering a soft, "I will be back real quick. Go back to sleep, alright?"

"Jimin ah...", Taemin called softly after coming out.

"Why did you come back?", Jimin asked sternly. Taemin was surprised with sudden harsh tone of the younger.

"I.."

"I had strictly told you to not come back.. But you still did. That too with my pup!!! What were you even thinking? What was the purpose of coming back??", he growled lowly at the Alpha making him frown.

"Jimin, we came back for you. To take you away from here. I thought that Alpha was keeping you here forcefully so we came to take you away, to save and also my pup can get his mother back too...", he retorted back.

"And now he knows about the pup. I swear Taemin hyung if anything happens to my pup because of you!!", he hissed. Taemin was shocked.

"What did you say? Your pup. Is it not mine too.", he gritted his teeth.

"No. Not since you decided to bring him here so foolishly. Let's wait until the court's hearing. Once it's done, I will take my pup so far away, no one will ever find us."

"Jimin—"

"Good night hyung."

______________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

What will happen now?

Let me know and...
Support me on Ko-fi. I have opened the site so I can make few bucks that could help me greatly right now...

https://ko-fi.com/kimji/commissions

Borahae💜