40. Never Will Be Mine

Jimin reached his room after his fateful encounter with Lisa. He decided to avoid her for good. It was already night when he had reached the palace and the servants' quarters were all quiet.

Jimin felt that it was nice since nobody has questioned him. That means his disappearance for long has been neglected by the King. But he got his surprise as soon as he entered the confined room. Jungkook was waiting on his dingy bed.

"W-what?", Jimin was startled as he kept a hand on his chest but quick to compose himself. He bowed to him but Jungkook wasn't even paying attention to the etiquettes for now.

"Have you eaten?", The Alpha asked in surprisingly soft tone leaving Jimin in disbelief. But Jungkook was looking at him expectantly for answer. So decided to end with answer.

"Uh, I did.", He said avoiding his eyes. Jimin literally had ran from Kisaeng house to palace as soon as he was done with hunting. He barely remembered anything he ate throughout his busy day. He was sure he had formed a whole pit in his stomach from how empty it felt. But of course, why would he tell this to Jungkook?

But his stomach seemed to betray him just this crucial moment and loud rumble was heard through the room. Now he was embarrassed. But Jungkook just smiled softly.

"I have already told the servant to prepare a meal. It will be here anytime."

"There was no need.", Jimin quickly said. "I have already told that I shall not consume anything in this palace."

"It's not poisoned at all. I got maids make all the food under my vision. I can assure you the safety, besides why would I try to harm you? You are here to help me.", Jungkook said desperately. But Jimin was not having it at all. He knew it wasn't poisoned. But he knew better than to eat anything here.

"I know but I prefer starving than eating here.", Jimin said crudely, not leaving any space for further argument. Jungkook was hurt but he knew he deserved it.

"Jimin...", Jimin looked at Alpha's hurt face. He tried feeling nothing, but it was not Jimin's nature. He had grown out of his old self, but can you cut your nature entirely. So even though he felt the Alpha's hurt, he didn't faze from his place.

"I can never forgive myself for the pup you had lost because of me, nor do I expect for you to forgive me. Me asking for forgiveness won't even be fair, it's not the sin wilhich can be forgiven. But don't worry, our second pup will have the best life. I will make up to them as much as I could've with our first one..."

"Your."

"What?", Jungkook questioned with a confused frown.

"This will be only your pup, you know this well. Do you think once I give birth to the pup, it will ever be my, a Kisaeng's son? No. It will be your, "Busan's heir". And I have accepted it a long ago. You might as well. I'm just a Kisaeng and you're just a high profile customer to me. Once Busan has its heir, I'm gonna get freedom. Now please if you excuse me, I want to sleep. And tomorrow I'm gonna be late, thought of telling you earlier. Good thing you came here to see me, a mere Kisaeng. Tomorrow we're having celebration at Kisaeng House, so please understand if I will be late.", Jimin said in one breath and silently hinting the Alpha to leave.

Jungkook had no choice but to leave the room.

_____________________

Aera was pissed now. Jungkook hadn't come to her chambers tonight too.

She thought at least now he will remember her but no. It seems it was time to get started with Lisa's plan. Well, she has already started working on it. But right now she needed some air to let out her frustration.

She stomped towards the door. Her maids were waiting dutifully outside her chamber. She just showed hand to tell not to follow her. She was still dressed prettily in her finest silk robes. But since Jungkook decided to make a fool out of her by making her wait forever even after she specifically had sent the intimate message to him. He didn't reply anything. She knew it was another ploy of that measly Omega Jimin.

"Where must you be heading at this time of the night?"

Aera looked around to see Taehyung standing there with his usual cold face. She was already not in her best mood and she didn't want to ruin it further even more. So she just huffed to leave.

"It's none of your business.", She just couldn't retrieve before biting back.

"Right. It's none of my business. But I deem it's my business to keep records of every little things going out or coming inside this palace. May it be anything documents, weapons of letters....", He emphasised on the last word making Aera stop in her track. She was frozen for a moment then looked back gritting her teeth.

"I am Omega Princess of this Kingdom. Now I have to take permission to send a letter to anyone? To my own father at that??"

"Father? All of a sudden?", Taehyung taunted. Aera decided to shut up. She didn't have anything to explain, Taehyung knew this. She never had sent a single letter to their kingdom, much less mother-father ever since the wedding.

He came closer to her.

"I hope you're not thinking of some dirty play here Aera. Because don't forget, to your misfortune, I'm still alive and on your neck."

______________________

Jimin once again was up very early the next day. He knew, there was still time for everyone to get up so he got ready and left the palace even before it started getting busy.

But when he reached in front of the Kisaeng House, his eyes widened in surprise.

"What are you doing here!?"

___________________

Happy 100K!!!!🥳

I didn't know this book was this much supported to gain 100K even before completing... But here we are!!!

I love you all so much💜