58. Court Hearing

Jungkook stared at the reflection in the mirror. Clearly dark circles have clinged under his eyes which he knew. That was a given when he didn't even have a blink of sleep.

And now, he was just staring at his reflection with so many thoughts going on in his head. He didn't know how much time he had spent in front of the mirror. He could've sat for more time until a knock was heard on the door.

"It's the time for the court hearing, Your Majesty."

In the last three four days so much has happened. Whole Busan was on toes with newly born gossips and stories that were roaming around ever since the Kisaeng House incident. Some even claimed to know everything beforehand. Apparently the King had a son which he had no idea about. And now the court hearing which was announced was gonna have to make some extraordinary decisions against the perpetrators and the said Kisaeng, Omega Jimin, who had hid the King's son from him. But these were just rumours. They wanted to know everything from the court itself.

Finally the King had called for the court hearing after postponing it for four days. Today was the day and whole Busan was present to witness an iconic case after a while.

The court hall was packed. From rags to riches, everyone was there. Those who couldn't enter were outside the palace waiting for the results to come in. Courtiers were present with only rough idea given about the issue to be discussed but they were as oblivious as other commoners were.

Princess Omega Aera entered the hall with her entourage behind a netted veil that spread from roof to the bottom as a custom for the Royal Omegas. Her bitter gaze roamed over the hall from behind the veil until it stopped over a specific person.

Jimin stood between the hall with his gaze on the floor. He was lost in deep thoughts until he caught a faint scent of orange blossoms. His gaze turned to the side to look at the starry eyed Soobin, his pup, looking at him with a curious gaze. But the pup was held onto by one of Taemin's men.

Taemin was standing few feets away from Jimin. Since they both were the main subject of today's case, they were told to stand in front of the court beforehand. Taemin had Hoseok look after Soobin till the court retires but his pup never knew how to back down. The stubborn had dragged Hoseok to the court, demanding wanting to see his Eomma and Appa. Hoseok had a hard time thinking how to convince the pup to stay but Soobin just requested that he just wants to see all three of his parents which left Hoseok tongue tied with no more options but to bring him to the court.

Suddenly a prominent silence spread over the place as the Herald announced the King's entry and in came King Jeon Jungkook with a stoic face and confident walk. His first and second advisors Taehyung and Namjoon came after him and took their place.

"Long live your Majesty.", Whole court stood and bowed to the King and stood once the orders were given.

To be honest Jimin never had seen Jungkook like this. So serious and so King-ly. His throat was going dry of what was to come. His gaze went to the side to look at Taemin and at the same time the Alpha looked at him. With one gaze, their stares turned bitter and they turned their heads away to look in the front.

A lot has happened in the last four days. The conflict and misunderstanding didn't grow but wasn't solved either. They both wanted the same thing. And no one was ready to compromise.

Soobin's custody. But they knew, Jungkook could make such decisions that would make both of them lose their pup forever. They were just anticipating of todays hearing on top of their toes.

Taehyung came forward and started talking.

"Good Morning to all. You all are gathered here as a very important announcement that is to be made by our King. But before proceeding to that let us have view at the presented case.", he said and moved back. Jungkook's face had absolutely no expressions. The herald came forward with a parchment paper to read aloud.

"Today's case involves Omega Park Jimin, the former mate of His Majesty and Alpha Choi Taemin, former Royal Guard. Eight years ago, both the mentioned were accused of debauchery and were punished accordingly. However Alpha Taemin had escaped the execution and was on the run since. Apparently he did so to protect Omega Jimin's pup he birthed after. As per Omega Jimin's given statement as well as Royal Healer's tests it has been confirmed the child to be his Majesty's. Since the child has been involved now and considering their royal lineage whole case has been studied once again in past few days. Omega Park Jimin and Alpha Choi Taemin have made their intentions clear and their actions in the past will be judged in this court. Now his Majesty will give the decision."

Whole court had gone silent. Jimin once again looked at Taemin as he did with him. This time somehow they held little to no malice in their eyes. They both looked at the pup they unintentionally shared. Soobin was looking the King so calmly they almost held their breath wondering what was the pup thinking... Just then Jungkook also met eyes with the pup and gulped.

He straightened his back and opened his mouth to speak.

"The case has been reviewed pretty much as Beta Lee interpreted here. But there are many things that were related to this same case and yet hidden intentionally. Before mentioning those, I need to make few things clear. And I hope you will respect the final decision taken by me. These will not be just mere decisions but they will be orders which you people will have to follow.", Jungkook stated with a firm voice. Aera was relieved after knowing Jimin had an Omega son. But her fear still lingered. What if Jungkook takes him back? What if he births an alpha then? She will be cut off entirely!!! She was on the edge of her sir looking at the Alpha.

Jungkook turned to the group of people which included Taehyung, Namjoon and Minho, "Regarding the jury's decision. I have discussed the whole case with you. Do you have any appeal against the decisions I have made?"

Jimin looked at Minho pleadingly but Minho seemed to be looking at the King only with a straight face. Taehyung stood up, "We don't have any second thoughts about the decisions you have made. You can proceed with the final hearing your Majesty."

The court became even more silent if that was even possible. Jungkook nodded and looked in front.

"The earlier accusations over Omega Park Jimin and Alpha Choi Taemin are studied and I announce both of them free of any charges and accusations that involved debauchery. It comes to the court that both the accused were framed and misunderstandings were created as Omega Jimin was carrying the heir of this Kingdom.", Aera breath stopped.

"Omega Park Jimin is being relieved from the punishment he had to go through and the duty of a Kisaeng. As well as Alpha Choi Taemin is being relieved from the execution that was originally ought to performed. I would like to call Omega Princess Jeon Aera to the platform for the further hearing as the court has foibd her guilty for majority of the crimes performed against the Royal Family and the Busan Kingdom."

______________________

Finally!!!

This chapter was so difficult to write since it involved whole court scene. I have no idea how courts work, let alone the historic ones. I had to make it proper and so it took this much time.

Hope you all like it... Please vote and comment a lot and support me on Ko-fi and donate..

https://ko-fi.com/kimji

Borahae 💜