41. Hunting Mishap

"What are you doing here!?"

Jimin crossed his hands over his chest as he eyes the Alpha with judging eyes. Jungkook stood there with apparent smirk and few of his soldiers stayed back. They all were dressed casually as if they were on a trip. Even Jungkook was wearing loose robes with brown pants.

"What do you mean? It's the start of summer we need to go hunting... For good fortune!! And... I am a king, you can't ask me such questions...", Jungkook justified or tried to justify the Omega who didn't look very convinced.

"Right.", Jimin simply said. He was sure Jungkook had spied on him as he never really told him anything about his hunting trip. "But, civilians of Busan don't go in this area for hunting. It's not even in Busan's borders."

Jungkook was tongue tied at Omega's statement. He wondered why Taehyung didn't tell him anything about this. Oh right, Taehyung himself didn't know that he left the palace to follow Omega. Sure, he's gonna get earful from Taehyung once he returns. On top of that, Taehyung isn't really fond of him... It's gonna be a long day.

"Yeah, but then why are you people going here for hunting??", He praised himself for coming back with counterattack.

"We are not Busan's civilians, are we?"

"Then which kingdom do you belong to?", He once again fought back.

The soldiers had started squirming behind them, witnessing a childish fight their king was putting up with a lowly Omega. Thankfully, their banter was stopped by a voice.

"Your Majesty? Jimin? Why are you fighting outside the Kisaeng place's gates like this?", Hwasa now stood there eyeing both of them. Jungkook quickly regained his posture and entered the King's role.

"We are taking this route. Nothing else.", He said after clearing his throat in mock attitude. He eyed his soldiers to start marching towards the forest.

In no time they were gone leaving Jimin and Hwasa confused.

"Why was he here?", Hwasa asked Jimin.

"Don't know, don't care. We should go too. Let's just change our route a little...", Jimin finished and then he eyes Hwasa up and down making her frown.

"Was Minho hyung here?", Hwasa's eyebrows shot up.

"How did you!!"

"I can smell him.", Jimin shrugged. Hwasa made an 'O' face and started complaining.

"That guy... Ugh. At first I thought he's coming for you. But now I understand, he has made a habit of getting on my nerves.", She rubbed her forehead.

"Getting on your nerves? How so?"

"He comes every night and occupies the room for whole night. And then I have to look after him because everyone else is busy with their customers. I have to pour him alcohol until he blackens out and starts snoring while sleeping like a starfish he is...", Hwasa was firing up and that made Jimin chuckle. Hearing him she shot him a glare to shut him up.

"It's okay Hyejin ah... He's not even that bad... If anything I am worried for him.", Jimin said and Hwasa huffed.

"Then you come pour him until he blacks out at dawn!!!", She yelled and went inside. Jimin just shook his head and followed her.

_______________________

Jimin should've seen this coming.

He should've know Jeon Jungkook's purpose was never to go on a hunting. He should've known that he was here just to follow him.

Jimin knew this exactly as soon as they entered the forest and Jungkook's pack collided with them. As they said, it was just a "coincidence". Jimin just ignored and kept moving to a direction to look for a hunt.

Now that he thinks, he should've listen to Hwasa and cancelled today's hunting trip and just celebrated with the hunt they received yesterday outside Kisaeng house gates. But of course, he was dumb enough to say that they should get a hunt on their own.

"I'm saying, we should just stay near so that would be easy to get a prey.", Jungkook said as he stubbornly followed the Omega. His Alpha was on toes and protective mode which annoyed Jimin.

"Hunting isn't done like that. If we stay in groups,  we're just gonna scare all the animals away even before we get a glimpse of them.", He scoffed.

"Then is hunting done this way?", Jungkook pointed at the bow and bunch of arrows Jimin was carrying in a mocking way. "We are wolves. We don't need such weapons to get a hunt."

"Your Majesty, you are an alpha. Huntings are quite Alpha's work. We are Omegas. We need to rely on skills. You can go on and act like the caveman and get your desired hunt. That's why I said, we shouldn't hunt together...", Jimin made his point clear trapping Jungkook again. Both of them didn't know that Hwasa has already gone the other way for hunting along with Jungkook's soldiers leaving the Alpha and Omega bickering like kids.

"No we should hunt together. Skills and strength should work alongside...", He continued following Jimin while Jimin just sighed and ignored him as he took a path.

"What is Jeon Jungkook doing here with Jimin??"

Taemin couldn't believe his eyes. Why was Jeon Jungkook following Jimin. By the looks of it, nothing seem to be wrong between them. But hell, that was the problem. He needed to know.

He turned around and in a flash he reached a clearing where his other packmates were hiding. His eyes wondered around to look for his son and he found him immediately. Apparently Hoseok was teaching how to draw paths to his little Beanie. He reached out and pulled the pup away from Hoseok and hugged him to his chest tightly as if someone could take him away.

"Alpha...", Hoseok was startled but looking at Taemin he decided not to say anything and let Alpha have a moment. For few minutes he kept holding pup nosing aggressively to scent him. Pup was confused at his sudden behaviour. But he just enjoyed his Appa's attention and purred softly in delight.

Once he was satisfied he handed the pup to Hoseok and dragged Kai away who was standing just behind them.

Once he was a little away from Hoseok and Soobin he whispered to Kai, "Go and keep a watch on Jimin. Jeon Jungkook is with him, something is definitely up. Inform me once you find out..."

____________________

So, something's definitely up and I will tell you the reason of late updates in next update..

Until then.

Borahae 💜