55. It's Our Path🥀

Seven Years Back:

"Where are we going??"

Taemin stared at the darkness in front. The only light cutting through it was coming from the dim lamp they were hanging on the top of their chariot. Jongin had joined him on the way back to Busan.

He met Jongin just two months back along with his mate Kyungsoo. They instantly clicked with him and he knew he could trust them with the truth. And so he had told them...

"You remember I told you about Jimin? The one my hyung adores?", he asked.

"Of course... You told he is currently residing in Kisaeng house.", Jongin answered.

"I got the message that he has given birth just yesterday. We're going there to pick up the pup before the King gets the news.", Taemin had calm expressions on his face though Jongin could see the storm behind his eyes. He decided not to question him for now. He understood that it was something Taemin had to do.

"Will you meet your hyung?", he asked instead. Taemin smiled a little.

"No. I don't want my family to face any trouble because of me. It's for their own good that I don't meet them.", he could sense the tear drop that rolled down silently or the waver Taemin's voice had. Jongin had decided then, he will do everything to help his friend.

______________________

"Keep my pup safe, hyung...", Jimin cried as Taemin held the newborn pup in his hands. He leaned down to kiss the sleeping pup's head for the countless times, "Please be safe my pup, wherever you go... Never return here, my baby... Never return. Your e-eomma loves you, beanie..."

Taemin hugged the grieving Jimin and placed a chaste kiss on his forehead. They didn't have any time to waste. They have to leave Busan before the spies of King get any news of a runaway "criminal" freely wandering inside the borders.

"Don't worry Jimin ah... I will take care of him...", Taemin assure him and carefully covered the sleeping bundle with a blanket and took off from there...

Taemin sat behind with the still sleeping pup on his lap, still staring at him. He didn't understand how to feel. He was finally on his way back with the pup. The last few hours have been very emotional but Taemin stopped himself crying everytime. Even though ut pained him to take the newborn pup away from his mother, he had to do it because the situation didn't allow him otherwise.

Suddenly a jerk brought him back from his thoughts. Jongin had stopped the chariot abruptly and somehow it seemed to wake the pup since it whimpered with his baby face started slowly scrunching up.

Taemin looked in front to see what made Jongin to stop the chariot so suddenly and his breath seemed to stop that moment.

He was standing in front of their chariot.

Face contorted in anger mixed with pain...

Taemin immediately hopped out before Jongin could approach the other. He was confused but he didn't knew the history they shared. So he stood behind as he saw Taemin approaching the Omega who stood in their way.

The Omega stood looking at Taemin with pain, slowly tears starting to roll down his beautiful face while looking at the Alpha. His eyes were stuck at the crying bundle in Taemin's arms.

Taemin immediately understood his questioning gaze and started panicking.

"J-jonghyun... Please, this is not my pup—", he tried explaining but he was cut off when he was met with a loud slap over his cheek. It left his skin tingling as he eyed the Omega with wide eyes.