32. Not Only Him To Hate You

Seokjin was busy reading some book on herbal medicines when he heard someone come in. He raised his head to look at the person and was surprised to see Jungkook standing in the door.

"Your Majesty?", He stood up and bowed to him. "What may have been the emergency to have your sudden visit?"

Jungkook looked a little nervous as he made his way for a seat in the corner and made himself comfortable. Jin followed his movements and sat in front of him.

"Um... Actually I wanted to talk about something. About Jimin. Actually it's a request, you can say...", He said nervously looking at ground. Jin had a little smile spread on his face.

"I'm listening.", He said calmly and Jungkook relaxed. He thought he was going to say something about how he was suddenly caring about his ex mate rather than current one.

"Jin hyung, It's been three days since Jimin refuses to take any food I have the royal chefs make for him. I don't even know if he's eating or not. Can you ask him if he's eating well and healthy? I know it's an absurd request but you're an healer. I'm sure you can make up some reason to ask him this...", Jungkook was surely rambling at this point.

"Relax, Jungkook-ah. May I ask you the reason for requesting such interrogation work?", Jin slipped on the mannerisms but Jungkook didn't mind. He wasn't even paying attention to it anyways.

"I saw him earlier today and... He looked weak.", Jungkook answered truthfully.

"And why are you caring for him this much, can I ask?", Jin asked further. And now Jungkook's mood deflated. Jin understood it.

"I'm not taunting or hating you or anything. I just genuinely want to know the reason why are caring for him. It's merely even been a week and suddenly all your hatred is... Gone.", Jin was very calm while saying this but Jungkook could see the seriousness behind it. He gulped nervously. How to say that he himself didn't know why he was acting strange.

"I... I feel tired. I'll come by tomorrow. Good night Jin hyung...", Jungkook said and bolted out the door without answering Jin.

He didn't knew why he still felt bitter but at the same time concerned about Jimin. He was a betrayer right? Is this so called concern coming to him just because of their dead pup??

He saw Taehyung, who must have just finished his work since he was coming out of the library. He swears, nowadays aside from Taehyung, no one was a better option to have even a simple conversation rationally.

"Taehyung!"

Taehyung stopped in his tracks to see Jungkook coming from somewhere outside. He frowned in confusion since it was way past midnight. He should have been sleeping by now. Jungkook closed the distance in quick strides to stand before the beta.

"Yes, your majesty?", Taehyung said adjusting whatever books he was holding on one arm. Jungkook just looked here and there warily.

"Can you pour me a glass of wine?"

______________________

Taehyung silently poured the glass of wine for forth time and Jungkook gulped down all the liquid without rest. Taehyung knew Jungkook wanted a listening ear but he decided to not ask anything, instead waiting for Alpha to start speaking.

"Taehyung... Sometimes I feel like I have no one.", And Taehyung was right. He did want to speak about something or more like, someone.

He stared at the glass he had just emptied. He doesn't remember when did he started liking alcohol. The bitter taste of that random rotten fruit juices was something he never liked nor understood the royalty behind drinking it. He vaguely remembers his first time trying alcohol  with his father when he had reached his eighteenth winter. His father had said that he has become an adult. He must try the alcohol which was specially made for the royal family.

It was still stinky, rotten fruit juice. Royal or not.

He still doesn't like it. It's just that, he was made use to it until he was forgotten his unliking about it.

"Jimin doesn't even want to talk to me. Even if he does, I don't know what to talk or where to start. Taehyung, I really do want to talk to him. I need to say sorry, but how do I make him talk to me normally. These days you're the only one, who doesn't judge me... So I'm asking for your advice.", Jungkook said while water lined his eyes. Taehyung was quiet. For seconds he couldn't make up words, but now words started flowing through his lips without his consent.

"Your Majesty, I will like to clear something to you. I don't judge you because there's nothing to judge. If anything, I absolutely despise you. I don't judge you because I'm just an advisor for you, and I'm just doing my duty. And I want to keep it that way until the end.", Taehyung said coldly. And Jungkook felt attacked. His eyes were wide at Taehyung's blunt words.

No, it's not that he never heard him speak like this. He has heard Taehyung bicker and curse at Aera countless of times. He just never expected Taehyung to throw any harsh words towards him. Now that, Taehyung let out his thoughts on him, he was gobsmacked.

"You... despise me? W-why?", He stuttered. Taehyung sighed and put down the wine bottle.

"Aera wasn't the only one to ruin my life, your majesty. It was you who said yes to my parents to marry with me...", Taehyung stated and Jungkook had reality slap on his face.

All along, Taehyung, the person he trusted the most despised him absolutely to the bones. He just never let his emotions come to the surface because he had sworn on serving him.

Jungkook never had felt so helpless.

"If this can make me so angered towards you, I don't want to imagine what Omega Jimin must have been feeling, your majesty. Imagine your mate brings another Omega to your den while you are carrying their pup. And then the so called mate of yours accuses you of cheating , such an hypocritical statement to make. And then makes your pup loose their life. Are seven years really enough to forget this all, your majesty??", Taehyung said staring deep into Jungkook's eyes. The effect of the alcohol was long gone as the glass fell down from his hand and it landed on floor with loud crash. But no one was fazed by it.

"Be thankful your majesty, the only one who is true to you is none other than Omega Jimin. He doesn't mask his hatred just because he is bound by duty or blinded by greed...."

__________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!

So finally an update is here. So I have not been able to update since a very bad incident happened near our home. Almost over 1000+ houses in a slum area burned down and people have become homeless.

I have been trying to look for ways to help them.

So yeah... The work is still on. A lot more has to be done.

Borahae 💜