53. One Glimpse Of Him Too

"When you're surrounded by a world of constant lies, manipulation and deceit, that dark energy is bound to seep into you too..."

Few Years Back:

"He's not out yet?"

The guard looked at ground in shame, not meeting eyes with the crown prince. A frown was spread on Jungkook's face. He looked at the empty hallway for nth time, hoping for a certain Omega to emerge from nowhere with his usual sunshine smile.

"Jungkook?", Jungkook stiffened at the voice and turned slowly to look at his mother glaring at him. "M-mother?"

"What are you doing here instead of taking lessons from Nam Gyeosa-nim?", she asked in a firm voice.

"I-I was hoping to meet Jimin first...", Jungkook tried not look like someone who was trying something else behind their back.

He never liked studying. But being born as Crown Prince it came as a curse presented in golden plates for him. Learning royal duties, politics, geo-politics, everything started to become heavy for his burnt-out brain, until he met him. Jimin.

Jimin was some Kisaeng's son. It wasn't like he didn't know what a Kisaeng was. But he himself wasn't happy with his own title. A 'crown prince'. Then why would he frown upon a Kisaeng like usually people would like to.

It simply didn't matter to him.

Because Jimin was a breath of fresh air. Even though they did nothing but bicker all the time since they met. But bickering with Jimin was at least something Jungkook would look forward to than doing something he never wanted to do. He started sneaking out even more, just to escape.

And Jimin had become his escape. Their escapades kept going on and his mother and father never noticed. They were too busy to give their son's private life some attention anyways.

Until one day the so called owner of the Kisaeng house, the Madame decided to auction Jimin off. And that day, Jungkook could swear, he was most frantic of all his life. The only hope, the only escape in his life was being sold off like some lifeless thing. He couldn't think of any way until he saw hungry monsters like people bidding on dizzy looking Jimin who was freshly presented. He needed to save him. At all costs.

And so he bid too.

_______________________

He thought he could run away from all of this once he marries Jimin. Boy was he wrong.

His responsibilities just increased if anything. His parents became even more strict. He was now supposed to do royal duties even more. And what could he do? He did.

Just not the duties of an Alpha to his Omega.

Because Jimin didn't see him as mate as his mother and father implied. Though he kept hoping that Jimin still would like to be his friend. He married him to save him anyway. At least they could be friends. He hoped they could still sneak out to have fun like old times.

But nothing seem to go his way. Despite living in the same mansion, he hardly ever saw Jimin around. Despite being his mate, he hardly had a talk with him. And his mother...

"How many times would I have to tell you Jungkook, that boy is nothing but a leech. You brought him here married him and look, does he care about you? You're his mate but he doesn't seem to get his head out of luxuries he is getting because of your foolishness... You see, one day he's gonna hold someone else's hand and betray you before you know. That's why we're saying to grow up and do your duty!!"

Somehow, one part him never believed his mother. He couldn't hate Jimin. Afterall it was on him, it was his own decision to marry that boy.

They never even had a decent love affair. The how could he blame Jimin for not looking at him like a mate...

Until his first rut after marriage hit him and unexpectedly Jimin did help him.... The never found bond was made. No one but Alpha and Omega's presence could be sensed and two wolves had accepted each other over everyone else.

Once again, Jungkook hoped that everything will get better. He tried becoming a good son to his parents. But Jimin was back to avoiding him. And his mother as well as father were back to torment him over their tattered relationship. And he decided to do better. Leaving room after hearing his mother's long-stretched mockery.

"Do you think we're doing it a lot?", Jungkook's mother whispered to her husband with a little worry lacing her voice after Jungkook left the chamber. Her husband had stoic expressions like always as he eyed to the side.

"You're merely doing your duty as a Queen, my lady. This necessary for his future as a King. Do you think, a Kisaeng can ever bring glory to a royal household like yours? He is nothing but shame. This needs to be done to save your name and make our Crown prince a responsible King.", a female beta, Lisa said who had joined as Queen's personal maid quite recently.

"What if my son retaliates even more than he already has by marrying that filthy thing?", she cried frustrated.

"He won't if just finds new Omega to fulfill the duties of an Omega towards him. He won't be able to find that we have been keeping that Omega away from him intentionally. And he will fall for someone else. Someone from royal lineage.", Lisa said politely hiding the malicious tone behind a mask. The King smirked and looked at Lisa with satisfied grin.

"Is it possible? Will be leave that wh**e?", the Queen asked once again to be sure.

"Once he brings another Omega home, it'll be easy to get him out. Just send me with his highness on his next tour and I will be guiding him throughout. I'll make sure his views on that Omega will change completely till we return...", Lisa bowed and waited for the response from the King.

"Very well then..."

_____________________

Present:

Jungkook stood in front of the Kisaeng house with fluttering heart. Excited to see Jimin. Feeling free for the first time in many years...

As per Taehyung's orders he had made sure to dress like some commoner so no one recognises him. He also took some herbs to mask his scent in case if anyone recognises him though it was highly unlikely since he had visited Kisaeng house only once.

"Jimin?", he asked to a beta who was supposed to guide people towards the private chambers according to the Kisaeng they chose to spend time with. Jungkook wasn't disgusted by the place, it was much better than last to last time he had a visit...

"He's already with a customer. You won't be able to get a chance. We apologize. Choose a different one...", now that disgusted him. Jimin was with someone?? He was about to throw a tantrum then he remembered Taehyung's clear warning he received before he left the palace.

'Do not do anything that will blow your cover or trouble them. Just lay low. If he doesn't meet you, it's fine. You are not his owner. You can try afterwards again...'

Taehyung was right, he shouldn't create chaos. But that doesn't meet he cannot sneak in...

Even though the place has been way upgraded, its map hadn't changed even after these many years. He found his way back where no one was there as it was reserved. He counted the window until found the correct one. One with the little ribbon and flowers decor. He immediately held his Baji and climbed up the wall with ease and with one hand support he hopped inside.

"Your Majesty!!! What are you doing here??"

____________________

Ayyo Beautiful Saramis!!!

Aren't I back pretty quickly?? Tell me your thoughts on this...

Insta: trusfrated_kitten

Borahae 💜