CHAPTER 3

A little while later, the doctor comes out and says the child will be fine but will need bed rest for a week. Shortly after, she calls Hector and updates him. By the time they leave, it is nearly 9pm. They drop the child and Antonio says he will drop Gina home. She refuses, saying she can get herself home and does not want to be seen with him anywhere out of work. Gina moves to open the door and leaves. Antonio follows her out. He holds her and makes her face him. Gina looks, at Antonio's eyes. She has looked at him severally before but she has never seen him. The moment is becoming very bizarre, and uncomfortable, so Gina pulls away. Antonio leans onto his car and faces her. He asks her why she insists on contradicting him every time, even, when his idea is much more practical.

It is cold and Gina had no sweater. She begins to shiver. Seeing that, Antonio removes his jacket and wraps it around her. Gina turns ready to insist she does not need him to do so, when their faces meet, and they kiss, for a few minutes. Gina then pulls away and turns. She decides it will be easier to just get into the car. Antonio gets in and wants to talk about the kiss. Gina insists it was a mistake, which would not happen again. Antonio takes her to her house and even greets Hector and Aurelio. Much to Gina's horror, the two tease her mercilessly about Antonio. She rolls her eyes at them.

The next day, Gina dreads going to work, remembering the kiss with Antonio. She hopes not to run into him. Luck is however not on her side. Some of the computers have problems, and Antonio is assisting the technicians in repairing them. Antonio watches Gina working with two colleagues, in the next room (the walls are transparent and soundproof). He likes her, stubbornness and all. He will seduce Gina Ortiz. He can get any girl he wants and Gina will be no different.

A company that Montes de Alba corp. was to come and negotiate a partnership with comes in for a series of meetings. After they are done, they are treated to some refreshments. Gina hears someone call her name. She turns around. It is Horacio Saenz, her ex-boyfriend. She goes to greet him. He asks her to join them. Not wanting to be rude, she does. Antonio watches them. The scene bothers him, and he wants nothing more than to pull Gina away and kiss her senseless and put a stop to that madness. He however holds, it in. Gina works here, he will win her over. It is only a matter of time. Montes de Alba corp was to launch a new product, in one month and so everyone was busy. They are launching new flavors of crisps and yogurts. Press releases have to be prepared, posters designed, social media marketing and advertising done, among others.

At the end of the working day, Adrianna goes to the marketing department, to get a friend she was to ask something. Hector is sitting around with a group of friends. She asks if they have seen the said friend. Hector tells her the friend has stepped out a little. Soon, Aurelio enters, with Gina. Aranza also comes. She sometimes passes by and goes home with either Antonio or Adrianna. Hector introduces Aranza to Aurelio. He is captivated. People say Aranza Montes de Alba is beautiful, but the girl was a stunner in person. She had that unassuming serene beauty. The calmness of someone who was unaware of or self-assured in her beauty and was not trying too hard to impress anyone. Gina watches Aurelio staring at Aranza and shares a knowing look with Hector. Adrianna smiles as well. Aurelio and Hector turn to leave. Hector asks Aranza if she is not busy, she can join them for a little while. Aranza eagerly agrees.

Gina says Adrianna can come if she wants. Adrianna agrees and they all leave together. Aranza sees Antonio and calls him. Antonio looks at Gina; still thinking about the Kiss. Aranza asks if Antonio can join them too. Hector has no problem. Aranza looks at Gina. She says it's okay but inside, she wants to say no way. She still cannot forget the kiss Antonio gave her yesterday. He was annoying, bossy and he thought he was all that, but Antonio Diaz was a damn good kisser. They all leave together, in Antonio's car. Aranza sits in the front as usual. Alejandro asks about Adrianna's whereabouts, to a colleague, who tells him that she left with Antonio, Aranza, Gina, Hector and Hector, and Gina's cousin Aurelio.