CHAPTER 11

Meanwhile, as much as it is difficult, Hector stops kissing Adrianna. Gina, Antonio, and Aurelio are probably on their way and he would not want to put Adrianna in an embarrassing position. He says they should continue later, because Gina, Antonio, and Aurelio, are almost back. Adrianna glares at him. He smiles back and says it is that fiery spirit that he loves to see in her, and not the timid dependent shell Alejandro was trying to make her into. Adrianna remains quiet. Hector asks her if he went too far. She says no, and adds that he gave her food for thought. They hear familiar voices.

Soon they leave, for the hospital, in Antonio's car. Almost by default, since they almost always use Antonio's car to visit Aranza, Gina sits in front.

They arrive a little later than usual, and Alejandro, Helena, and Carlos are already there. Alejandro, as usual, is cold towards Hector. Aranza is much better and is awake. She still can only have one visitor at a time. As she is much better, than she has been since she was brought in, today she is allowed to have three visitors. She insists she wants to see Gina, Antonio, and Adrianna. Gina is the first to go in. Antonio squeezes her hand gently.

Gina goes in. She hugs Aranza. Her sister being alive after such a horrible accident is a miracle, she will always be thankful for. She could see Aranza had been crying and looked sad. Gina asks her what's wrong. Aranza said, she's sad she'll never go back to being as she was before. She'll never be as pretty as she was before. Gina hugs her. She says the recovery process, might take longer, but she is surrounded by people who love her, and who will be with her every step of the way.

Next to visit her is Antonio. He asks her how she is. She says she's fine, and can't wait to get out of the hospital and beat him at chess. Antonio smiles. Aranza still has her charm. She is an Angel. She asks Antonio if he missed her. He pretends to think about it, and then says not really because she is noisy and nosy. Aranza glares at him then says she knows he does. She asks him, who else will make their lives exciting. Lastly, Adrianna comes in. She wipes her tears; she doesn't want her cousin to see her crying. She hugs her cousin.

Later on, Antonio and Adrianna drive them home. Hector is in his room. Things are getting very complicated. He is getting even more involved with Adrianna, as Gina is with Antonio, and they are forming a bond with Aranza. He is also sure Aranza and Aurelio, with time, will develop a relationship. He is afraid of their reactions when they find out the truth. He knows they will be hurt, but he and Gina, have to reclaim their rightful places and identities, as well as find out if their father was murdered. Adrianna is a very special woman and he loves her, the fact that he could hurt her, scares him.

The next day at work. Gina arrives at work as usual. Her office-mates are crowding around her cubicle, and she is curious. There is a big bouquet of white roses. The flowers are beautiful, and Gina prefers white to red, as she finds red overused. She moves to her desk, and ignores the curious stares, and moves to check the tag. It said," to my love- your one and only"-H.S.

Gina fumes. Really? What is wrong with Horacio? Gina takes the flowers and throws them in the bin, much to everyone's shock. She then sits down as if nothing happened. Inside she knows this will be the next item on the office gossip menu, but what can she do? As Gina feared the story spread. Antonio is of course bothered. What is wrong with Horacio? Antonio is scared. He has not fallen in love for a long time. The feelings he has for Gina are beginning to overwhelm him.

Gina has lunch with him. She tells him, she won't be going with them to the hospital. He asks her why. Gina says she has other plans. Antonio wants to ask her if, she's meeting Horacio. The thought makes, him jealous because he is halfway on the road to falling in love with her. After, thinking about it for a second, he decides to ask her. He asks her if she's going on a date or something. Gina says, no, she's meeting Emma. Gina is difficult and complicated, but he is falling in love with her anyway. Antonio smirks and asks her if he will be a topic of discussion. Gina rolls her eyes and tells him that not by a long shot.