CHAPTER 4

The next day at work. Adrianna passes Hector, in the hallway. She asks him, how the child Antonio hit is doing. He says the child is fine. Adrianna wants to visit him and asks Hector to take her. He agrees to do so. He is in a bit of a hurry, so, he says that they will talk later. After that, Adrianna runs into Alejandro. He asks to see her. Adrianna reluctantly agrees. She asks him what he wants, and he asks her what is going on between her and Hector. Adrianna says nothing, and that even if there was, there was nothing wrong as she and Hector were both unattached. Alejandro ignores her and asks her what she was talking to Hector about.

Adrianna says that she was asking for an update on the child Antonio hit. Alejandro asks her why she has to ask Hector and not Antonio. Adrianna reminds him, Tony (as she calls him), is busy because some new software is being installed. She adds that the conversation is tiring her and she has work to do. She then leaves. Adrianna seethes inwardly, Alejandro is unbearable. He needs to be put where he belongs- in the dustbins of history. Who does he think he is? She does find Hector Ortiz hot, but it is not Alejandro's or anyone else's business.

Later, Adrianna leaves with Hector in her car. The child, who is called Thiago, is doing much better. They then hang around for a while and have snacks. Later, they leave and she drops him home. Alejandro has been watching them all this time. This time he is sure, there is something, developing between Adrianna and Hector, even though there was no physical intimacy. He tells himself that Hector Ortiz had better watch out if he thinks he can have Adrianna.

Later that night. Carlos asks Helena if, she believes the twins are dead, because it has been 16 years, and there have been no human remains found, neither has there been proof that they are alive. Carlos adds that the twins could be somewhere plotting their revenge, now that they are adults. Helena tells him to relax because, the twins are most likely dead, and if they show up, they (Helena and Carlos) will be prepared to battle them. Helena says they have worked hard to get what they have and reach where they are, and they will not let anyone challenge that.

The next day at the office, Antonio is further irritated when Horacio, comes. It is no doubt that he is there for Gina. So far he has not seen Gina reciprocate the feelings, which is good news. Horacio goes to Gina's offices. Antonio does too and calls her to speak to her for a false reason. Adrianna who had come into the area for work-related issues watched the scene and smiled. She knew Antonio well enough, and by watching him the past few days knew that he likes Gina. Adrianna also knew Antonio was full of himself and thought he was the best thing to happen to the city's young women in a long time.

Adrianna also knew Gina was strong-willed, stubborn, and opinionated. She could not wait to see how things between them turned out. She was sure in Gina; Antonio had finally found his match. Adrianna's mind went back to Hector. Why had she been unable to stop thinking about him, the more time passes? She enjoyed spending time with him. Sure, it was not what she was used to, it was not fancy or exclusive, but she had fun and Hector was good company. What would it feel like if he kissed her? Adrianna shook her head, no she had to stop thinking that way. Hector had not hinted in that direction.

On Friday evening, Aranza and Aurelio leave university together, and head for Aurelio's house. Hector was at home while Gina had gone to a friend's house. Aranza and Aurelio take some refreshments, before leaving to meet friends. Adrianna arrives after they left. She knocks. Hector who is dressed in shorts, has no t-shirt on and has a towel on his shoulders, opens. He asks her to come in. Adrianna enters, sits, and looks around. Hector goes to the kitchen and pours her a glass of juice. He then goes to his room to get his phone.

When he comes back, Adrianna is in the kitchen washing her hands. He follows her there. Adrianna turns and glares at him. Hector asks her, what the problem is. Adrianna says that walking shirtless in front of a lady is not proper. Hector smiles and asks her why she is affected so much. Adrianna denies that she is affected, and says he is simply being impolite. She turns to wash an apple she had picked. Hector walks and stands behind her and puts both hands on the table. Adrianna turns around and tells him to stop whatever he is doing. He asks her whether the only reason she is there is to check up on Aranza.

Adrianna says it is. She says that she has to make sure her spontaneous and sometimes reckless younger cousin is okay. She adds that she has to leave and asks Hector to watch Aranza. He smiles at her, and Adrianna glares back. She moves and the embrace becomes even cozier, leading to a kiss. Adrianna is powerless when he deepens the kiss, and kisses him back. Slowly, she uncurls her hands and wraps them around Hector.

Only a knock at the door prevents something more from happening. He says that they will continue later and Adrianna glares at him.

She then goes to open the door as he goes and wears a shirt. Gina is momentarily shocked to see Adrianna there. She has a feeling something happened between Adrianna and her brother. Their body language says it all. Shortly after Aranza and Aurelio come in. Aranza is also shocked to see Adrianna there. She asks if she is in trouble and Adrianna says no. Aranza senses something is in the air. She looks from Adrianna to Hector. Aranza says (inwardly) that something is developing between them. Aranza is there for the weekend.

Adrianna tells Aranza that she was only around to make sure that she was okay and says that she should be leaving, but Hector asks her to stay. Aranza says Antonio is nearby, and they should call him. Gina agrees but inwardly, she wants to come up with an excuse. Aurelio says he has to talk with Aranza outside about something about a club they are both in, in university for a little while.

When Aranza and Aurelio are outside, he stares at her and asks her what she is up to. Aranza stares back, smiles sweetly, and asks him what he is talking about. Aurelio asks her if she is trying to hook up Antonio and Gina or Adrianna and Hector. Aranza says she is not but Aurelio doesn't believe her. An hour later. Antonio arrives. Hector watches discreetly the interaction between Antonio and Gina. His sister is unusually quiet around Antonio, and even he is not quite his usual loud self.

Two hours pass, and it is almost time for Adrianna and Antonio to leave, but before they do, Antonio asks to speak to Gina and Hector. Aranza glares at him and asks him to behave. Antonio smiles at her. When he is alone with Gina and Hector, he asks them about the sleeping arrangements. He says he is uncomfortable with Aranza and Aurelio sleeping in the same room and adds that it is improper because she is still underage. Hector assures him that Aranza will sleep in Gina's bed and that there is nothing to worry about.

Later, Adrianna and Antonio leave together. Alejandro watches them leave in Adrianna's car. Hector Ortiz is becoming more of a challenge as the days pass.

The next day, (a Saturday), Gina and Aurelio go to buy breakfast. Aranza wakes up and finds Hector checking, his camera, lenses. Aranza goes and stands near him, watching him amazed. Hector turns and sees her watching him. He asks her if she likes photography, and she says yes, excitedly. He asks her if she takes photography courses or has a camera. Aranza says no because her mother thinks it's unladylike and makes her do things she doesn't like. Aranza says she watches online tutorials in secret and is planning to buy a camera and keep it at a friend's house.

Hector says he is going to take photos that day and the next evening.

Gina and Aurelio arrive. Gina manages to hide her shock when she sees, Aranza handling the camera. For one this is Hector's baby, he has had it for five years, and he saved money for nearly one year to buy it. He does not allow just anyone to touch it and second, Aranza seems to have Hector's skill, talent, and affinity for photography. Gina is becoming surer that Aranza is their sister. They settle down for breakfast and spend the day together before Hector and Aranza go for location scouting.