CHAPTER 17

The next day on Thursday,

Clara comes with Ramon. Adrianna, Antonio, Aranza, and Emma, accompany Hector, Gina, Aurelio, and Martin to receive Clara and Ramon. He is admitted in the hospital. After Ramon is settled in, the kids take Clara to her hotel room. The room is large and airy. Clara looks around and sits. Martin asks her if she needs anything. She waves him away and says she is fine. She says she needs to rest but asks to speak to Antonio alone. Gina rolls her eyes, what is Clara upto? Antonio is surprised, what is Gina's grandmother upto?

Clara looks at all the others and gives the grandma means business smile. Clara says she is not an ogre, and they should all remove those looks from their faces. Antonio is uncomfortable under Clara's unwavering gaze. She makes him feel like a little boy who was caught eating sugar by his mother. Clara looks at him, then tells him to relax, and says, he looks like he has been caught doing something he should not be. She says she wants to talk about Gina. Clara says Gina might not be her blood grandchild but she loves her as such.

Clara says Gina was the only girl growing up with three boys (Hector, Aurelio, and Martin) and was thus, the princess of the house. Clara continues and asks him if he loves Gina (or as Clara calls her, my princess) Antonio says he does. Clara says she trusts Gina's judgement because she believes Gina is a good judge of character. Clara adds that she can tell that he is a good person, a little rough around the edges but he has a good heart. Antonio smiles. Clara may be forward, but he can tell she loves her grandchildren, and he thinks how he would have loved to have a grandmother like her.

Later, they drop everyone off. As Antonio is about to go, Gina says she would like to talk to him. They go to his car. He asks her if she has missed him already. Gina says that is highly unlikely. He looks at her face, then holds up her chin to face him, and tells her not to worry too much, because her grandfather is in the hands of some of the best doctors in the state. Gina says she isn't too worried about him but is more worried about her grandmother, and what she could have said to him. Antonio says Clara is an angel.

Gina stares at him then says she is an angel, but she is a nosy one. Antonio says they talked. Gina asks what they talked about. Antonio says about her. Gina looks horrified and then asks what embarrassing childhood stories, her grandmother was telling him. Antonio says none. He adds that he was just getting to know his grandmother-in-law. Antonio watches her for her reaction. Gina knows he is watching her. Antonio smiles and says there is nothing to worry about. He kisses her, then reluctantly pulls away from her, and tells her goodbye.

Meanwhile, Isabella and Marianna are at a club, meeting for drinks. Marianna tells her, Alejandro's suggestion that the three of them and Horacio team up, to break up, Gina and Antonio, and Adrianna and Hector. Marianna agrees. She really likes Hector, and because he is too loved up with Adrianna he has paid little attention to her. Marianna says they should be meeting to start planning things. Isabella adds that Alejandro will tell Helena that Aranza was with Aurelio the whole weekend.

Marianna says that she doesn't see the relevance of that to their plan. Isabella says it is simple. To create a dislike in Helena for Gina, Hector, and Aurelio, so that she wants them to stay away, from Adrianna, Antonio, and Aranza. Marianna says she now sees the logic and it is brilliant. Isabella adds that the four of them have a common goal and it is better if they work together.

The next day on Friday,

Clara is taken to hospital in a taxi, to visit her husband. Meanwhile, at Montes De Alba Inc, it is business as usual. Alejandro asks Helena if she knows where Aranza spent the whole of last weekend. Helena says Aranza spent the weekend with a friend. Helena adds that Aranza can be difficult to handle when Antonio and Adrianna are away, so her having plans means she is less of a nuisance around the house. Alejandro says so she wouldn't mind if Aranza spent the weekend with a boy. Helena looks, at him shocked. Helena says that is unlikely, because Aranza is more interested in cameras, designing things, and cooking than she is in boys. Alejandro says she (Helena) would be surprised.