CHAPTER 20

Back at Hector and Gina's house,

Adrianna comes to drink a glass of water. She tells Hector she is done and goes to drink the water. She then comes and joins him on the couch. He is struck by how beautiful she is. Adrianna is wearing a blue spaghetti top and blue shorts, which show off her lovely figure. She is completely unaware of how magnetic she looks.

She asks him what he is thinking. He says he is counting his blessings and marveling at how lucky he is to have such a beautiful girlfriend. Adrianna blushes as he comes and lightly strokes her cheeks and begins to kiss her, as she kisses him back. Hector gently and with love leads her to his bedroom.

Meanwhile, Gina pulls away from Antonio and says they have to clean up the rest of the utensils. Antonio reluctantly agrees and says it's only because she is very stubborn. She pretends to be annoyed and glares at him.

Meanwhile back at the hospital, Clara is still there with Anna Patricia, until about 10 pm when they leave. Clara is dropped first, and then Anna is taken to Martin's house.

Back at Antonio's house,

After they are done cleaning, Antonio leads Gina to his bedroom, as they begin to undress.

It is Sunday morning. At the mental institution, John is having a mental breakdown. He insists, he wants to see his children and says the water is too deep and he is going to drown. He is injected and becomes sedated. The nurse and doctor exchange worried glances. The doctor says John has been here for around 17 years, and he still has amnesia and mental issues. He adds that there is a very low likelihood John will recover his memory or regain his sanity.

Back with Antonio and Gina

Antonio and Gina wake up early and as he promised he takes her to church. Hector and Adrianna also go to their nearby church.

Elsewhere, Alejandro's henchman who had been reporting to him tells him that Adrianna spent the whole night with Hector. Gina then later calls Clara, who assures her Ramon is fine, before scolding her for not relaxing, on a weekend. Gina then patiently listens as Clara lectures her and tells her to stop worrying. Nearly five minutes later, she finishes. Antonio smiles and says he has an idea, what an earful Clara gave her. Gina says her grandmother is just loud and speaks her mind, but she knows Clara loves her.

Antonio says she is lucky to have such a close-knit family. He says they might not share the same blood, but they are close and supportive of each other. He says the only people he feels that way about are Adrianna and Aranza. He says his father largely ignored him as a child and treated him as a nuisance, and Helena has always been cold to him. He also says that he doesn't know anything about his mother's relations and isn't close to his father's parents. He says he finds his grandfather dictatorial and archaic and his grandmother judgmental. Gina hugs him; it is all she can do.

Back with Adrianna and Hector,

Adrianna asks Hector if she should call Aranza to check up on her. She says she has to confirm she is okay. She says Aranza is her little cousin and she has to look out for her. He tells her to relax because Aranza is responsible and can take care of herself. He adds that Aurelio is a good responsible kid, and he is not saying that because he is his cousin but he really is and he will take care of her.

Later that evening, Aranza, Aurelio, Antonio, Gina, Emma, Martin, and Anna Patricia go to join Hector and Adrianna for supper. Clara is still in her hotel room having spent most of the day with her husband, or so they think. Just then, there is a knock on the door. Aurelio goes to open it and is shocked to see his grandmother. Clara enters gracefully and says while the hotel is nice, she would rather be here, than with strangers. After the initial shock from everyone, she is given a place to sit.