CHAPTER 32

Meanwhile,

Gina asks Antonio if he even went to watch the football match. He says he did. Gina asks him, what happened and why he had come back at that time, while clearly nursing a hangover. Antonio tells her that the whole night was blurry. Gina says she can see he wasn't robbed, so if he was drugged, it wasn't robbers. Antonio takes a deep breath and says what he remembers is that he was at the club with Hector, and the next thing he remembers, he woke up, in Isabella's bed.

Gina looks at him. She then wakes up and walks off. Antonio wakes up and follows her. He holds her hand. Gina looks at him with teary eyes. He wipes the tears off her eyes. Gina says she wants to go. Antonio says he loves her, and would never cheat on her, with of all people Isabella. He says that Isabella has proven she is evil and is a schemer.

Elsewhere,

Hector remembers what Antonio told him. That as scary as it was, it was better to tell the girls the truth, because Marianna and Isabella have proven that they are crazy, and they could twist facts, and make that situation worse than it already was. Antonio also added that if they don't tell them and Gina and Adrianna find out what happened from anyone else especially Marianna and Isabella, they will look like liars. Hector tells her the truth. Adrianna sits stunned. He tries to touch her, but she recoils. He reassures, her he loves her and that this was all a scheme by Marianna and Isabella. He adds that Marianna and Isabella are crazy and capable of anything. Adrianna says that she needs to think.

An hour later, John is filling a puzzle in his room. He again has the same flashback, of a five-year-old boy, with an older man, playing with a ball. He stops filling the puzzle and looks at it.

Elsewhere,

Alejandro sits on his couch and smiles. He knows it is only a matter of time before Hector and Adrianna break up. He says (to himself) that pretty soon, Adrianna will be his as she was always meant to be.

Horacio too is anxiously waiting for the moment Gina will be his. He says (to himself) that pretty soon he will, have Gina back from that 'snob' Antonio. Antonio and Hector meanwhile have much-needed showers.

Much later, Hector goes to pick up Gina so they can go to visit John. The tension in the air is palpable. John is happy, to see them. His face lights up instantly, when Hector and Gina, come to the garden, where he is. For a moment, Gina forgets the problems that stand between Antonio and her. Hector too momentarily forgets the scandal with Marianna. John catches Gina off guard, by asking her if he is crazy. She looks at Hector, who stares back equally unsure of what to say. Hector says that he is not crazy, he is sick. Gina adds that the doctors say that he is recovering quickly and well. John says he is bored and that no one has ever come to visit him. Hector tells him that they will come as often as they can.

Meanwhile,

Aranza receives a call. It's from her mother. Reluctantly she picks it up. Helena asks her where she is. Aranza tells her with Aurelio's grandparents. Helena asks her when she is coming home and Aranza says the next evening. Helena asks her why she insists on staying with the Ortiz's. Aranza says that Ramon and Clara treat her like their granddaughter, and have shown her more love than she (Helena) has shown her in the 17 years she has been alive.

Helena tells her to stop being an ungrateful brat. Aranza says that she (Helena) has never and will never have a maternal bone in her body. Aranza says that she knows that she was a pawn, born so that she (Helena) could get rid of her brother and sister and use her (Aranza) to control her father's vast fortune. Helena tells her that it is rude to ignore calls. Aranza sarcastically says that she regrets ignoring the calls of the person who drugged and tried to rape her.

Sometime later,

Hector and Gina go to Clara and Ramon's house. Martin, Emma, Armando, Luisa, Anna Patricia, and Antonio are also there. Adrianna is however not there. Hector asks Ramon where she is. He says that Clara wanted to speak to her. Hector knows Clara has gotten Adrianna to tell her everything. His grandmother is super sneaky.