CHAPTER 15

A little past 9 pm,

Gina heard a knock. It was Antonio. They kissed for nearly 2 minutes before she said she thought he was not coming. Antonio tells her she is not scaring him off, that easily not on day one, anyway. Gina pretends to be angry. He says since he has made her angry she can have whatever she wants. Gina says he can follow her, and she smiles and puts candles into her bag. He asks what his pretty witch is upto, and what the candles are for, as he looks at her half suspiciously. Gina smiles and tells him to relax, and trust her. They go through, a different path, than most of their colleagues, and end up in a cave. Gina asks him to inspect it for rats and snakes. Antonio does and calls from inside, and tells her that it is safe. Gina follows him and lights the candle.

Antonio asks her how she knows this place like the back of her hand. She says she used to insist on tagging along when Hector and Martin came to hang out here, even though they didn't like it. Antonio looks around again with the added light. It's not a bad place. Antonio takes his phone and tells Gina he is going to look around outside, just in case. Gina uses this opportunity to take a deep breath. She is crazy. What the hell is she doing? Despite it being crazy, she loves doing something on the spur of the moment, especially something she would never do, without overthinking. She then decides to put her plan into motion. She first places the candles in a strategic and safe location.

She closes her eyes, faces down and uses one hand to cover her face. Antonio sees her. He rushes towards her and gently strokes her hair, and asks her if she is okay. Gina says she can't go through with it. Antonio is confused and asks her what she means. Gina says, as part of the games they were playing, she asked him to come here, so she could fulfill one of her fantasies. Gina hesitates and seems unable to continue so Antonio says she can continue. Gina says she can't because he will think less of her. Antonio says he loves her, and would never think of her in any way less than a queen. Gina insists she cannot because he will think she has loose morals. Antonio says if she is worried he will discover something she did in her past, he says it would be hypocritical to judge her based on her past, especially since he has done things he isn't proud of either, especially when he was still in campus.

Gina says it's not that. She says she had wanted to (stammers before Antonio squeezes her hand encouragingly); try out one of her sexual fantasies, here in nature with him. Feeling a strength she never knew she had, and further strengthened by Antonio's assurance, Gina continues. She says she had for a long time wanted to experience the feeling of making love as the earlier people did, in nature, away from modern amenities and indulge in it in its raw primal form. She then sighs, and looks at him, and asks him if he thinks she is loose or mad. Antonio says she is neither and says she is a normal human with feelings and desires. He asks her, what else she would like to try, Gina eyes him skeptically, and asks him if he is writing a checklist or something. Antonio smiles and says he can type on his phone right now.

Gina pokes his arm and says that's predictable and mechanical. She says she can't really think of any other right now except maybe that kissing in the rain looks interesting, though the idea of her makeup ruined, and potential pneumonia isn't too encouraging. Antonio says he wants her to trust him enough to know that she can tell him anything without feeling judged. He adds that he understands and appreciates the effort it took to reveal what she just did. He then leans in and kisses her. Gina pulls away and asks him what he is doing. He smiles and says making her dreams come true. Gina smiles back and says he is very humble. Antonio says they could talk, or make the most of the night, and they begin to undress each other, with urgency, as they kiss each other.

Meanwhile, Hector and Adrianna stroll across the dark green forest. Hector says he should take her back to her room. Adrianna says that is unnecessary. She suggests he should take her to the clearing or another like it. Hector looks at her like she is mad. He says it is dark and dangerous. Adrianna says many are near. He agrees but says he can't go with her. She asks why. He says he is attracted to her, and given the time it is likely they may have to spend the night there, and there is no guarantee nothing will happen, because spending the night with her alone, is going to test his willpower and self-control.