CHAPTER 54

At Montes de Alba inc, Aranza takes a deep breath, as the lift opens. She walks and goes to the receptionist's desk. She asks her if her mother is in. The receptionist, says that her mother, is in and that she will tell her. The receptionist then calls Helena. Helena picks up the phone, and the receptionist tells her that her daughter wants to see her. Helena is surprised but tells the receptionist to let her in. Helena wonders what is so important, that Aranza would personally come to see her. Just then Aranza comes in and walks and sits down. Helena is momentarily reminded of a younger version of herself.

Aranza says she has been thinking and has decided, she should be working in the company during school breaks. Helena is shocked and asks her why that is necessary. Aranza says that it will keep her busy, she will gain extra skills and it will prepare her for the future. Helena asks her if her 'stupid' boyfriend, has put the idea into her head. Aranza rolls her eyes and glares at her mother. She says that she does not understand why she(Helena) is so against her working here. Helena says there is no reason for her to, worry about the administrative issues of the company.

Aranza says she wants, to do something constructive with her time. She adds that this was her father's company, and she can get a job whenever she wants. Helena tells Aranza that she will pay for a course in an area of her choice. Aranza remains defiant, and insists, that she wants to work at the company. She says, there is a program for school breaks, and if other people can join, why can't she? Helena looks at Aranza's stubborn face, which is so much like her own. Aranza being interested in company affairs is bad news.

What if she wants to take over when she is older? Aranza says that it is either that or, she will have nothing to do and will have to stay at home every day. Helena looks at her and tells her to come the next day. Aranza says that she will be coming with Aurelio. Helena, says Aurelio, is a bad influence on her. Aranza says that Aurelio is a good person and he is intelligent like Antonio. She adds that it is only the guilty, who are afraid. Helena stares at her daughter who stares back, equally defiant. Helena says to herself, that Aranza really is Gabriel's daughter.

Elsewhere, Juan Patricio sends out a trusted aide with a sample of his DNA, carefully carried to avoid contamination, to the hospital. It is finally time. He will soon know if Armando is his son and Aurelio his grandson.

Elsewhere, Claudia is at her home, she is in the library. She goes through some old photo albums and sees a picture of her, Belen Montes De Alba, who looks so much like Gina. She closes the album, returns it to its place, and moves on. That was one of the reasons she couldn't stand Gina. She looked too much like Belen.

Later that evening, Gina, Hector, and Anna Patricia, go to visit John. He looks at Gina and asks her if she is okay. He adds that she looks a little bit different than usual. Gina says she is okay, she just happens to be pregnant. John, says that, is good news. He says that he would love to see her, child. Hector, tells John to be patient, and that he has made a remarkable recovery, and that he will continue recovering. He then adds that he too will be having a child. John is even happier. He then looks at Anna Patricia and says that she will be the prettiest grandmother in the area, and flashes her one of his best smiles. Anna Patricia, smiles. She then tells him that they will all be here for him through his recovery.

Meanwhile, at Antonio's house, Aranza tells Antonio and Adrianna, what happened during the discussion with her mother. Adrianna hugs her. Antonio reminds her that he will always be there to protect her and to watch over her.

Elsewhere, Helena informs Carlos of Aranza's decision to be looking for part-time jobs at the company during the school holidays. Carlos is of course unhappy. He tells Helena to learn to control her daughter. He adds that it is not in their interests for Aranza to take an interest in the company or understand how it works. He reminds her of how far, they have come, in gaining control of Montes De Alba inc, and that Aranza is the last hurdle.