CHAPTER 39

Meanwhile, Antonio is in his room, in the mansion. He has just come out of the shower. The events of the last two days, are still weighing heavily on his mind. He remembers his first encounters with Gina. She was unimpressed by him and treated him with disdain. His attempts at flattery met with steely defiance. He knew that despite her icy reaction, she had a good heart, and a capacity to love. He asks (himself), what will happen to them.

Meanwhile, Hector is also in his room. He has flashbacks of his first encounters with Adrianna. She was timid, a little aloof, and a bit unsure of herself but still very intelligent and warm. He began to work breaking the walls she built around herself, and things were going great, until then.

Elsewhere, Gina also has flashbacks of her first encounters with Antonio. He was cocky and full of himself. Just the same rascal, he had been when they were children. He was incredibly intelligent and handsome as hell. She was torn between throttling him, fear he would recognize her, and her attraction to him. Slowly she learnt that there was more to him than his bad-boy reputation.

Elsewhere,

Martin's phone rings. He is having his breakfast. It's Emma. He smiles and picks it up. He asks her how the most beautiful woman in the world is. She smiles and says she is fine, but he can detect something in her voice that tells otherwise and asks her about it. She pauses and then tells him about it.

Sometime later,

Gina is at her desk, at work, but she just wishes she could go home and sleep. Yesterday was a difficult day, from Aurelio's accident to finding out, about Isabella's pregnancy. Adrianna feels just as bad. She just wants the day to end so she can go home. She doesn't know what to do.

Meanwhile, at the mental hospital, John is going through newspapers as usual. He then pauses and he has another flashback of the young boy with his mother. She is a spitting image of Gina.

Meanwhile, Antonio keeps on looking at his phone. He has not spoken to Gina since the previous day. He wanted to give her space to absorb what he told her. He wonders what she was thinking at that moment.

Hector too is absorbed, in his own thoughts. He is wondering what Adrianna is thinking about. He cannot wait to talk about it later with her. He just wishes all of this would go away, and he and Adrianna could go back to where they were.

Elsewhere, Martin is in the lift, to go three floors up, when Marianna enters. Noticing he is in there, she glares at him. He stares back unperturbed. He cannot stand her, especially after what Emma told him earlier. When the lift opens, he says it is so sad when innocent children get stuck, with witches for mothers.

Marianna glares at him, and he smiles back. She (to herself), calls Martin an idiot and says she cannot stand him. It then strikes her, Martin knows she is pregnant. Again, she(to herself) says that Martin knowing means, that Gina or Emma told him, meaning Antonio already told Gina, and Hector told Adrianna. Marianna then (to herself ) says that was quick.

Sometime later,

Emma goes to the garden with Gina during lunch, so that they can talk about what happened. Gina says that she is confused and doesn't know what to do. Emma says she knows that this is hard to deal with, but she (Gina) should remember that this is not Antonio's fault; it is the result of Isabella's schemes. Emma says she knows that Antonio loves her (Gina) and they can get through this. Gina says that she hopes so. Emma then asks, her if she is going to visit John or Aurelio. Gina says that she will visit John, and Anna Patricia, and Hector can go visit Aurelio. She adds that she doesn't want John to feel alone.

Elsewhere, Marianna and Isabella are having lunch. Marianna tells her that she thinks Hector already confessed to Adrianna, and Antonio to Gina. Isabella asks her why. Marianna tells her of the encounter she had with Martin earlier. Isabella says that is fine, and it doesn't change a thing. Marianna says that what happens if the pregnancies don't change a thing and Antonio stays with Gina and Hector with Adrianna.