CHAPTER 37

On Friday morning, Gina and Emma were at the office garden talking. Emma was curious about John's progress, so Gina was updating her. Emma also thinks Clara is up to something.

Meanwhile, Claudia remembers the talk she has with Isabella, nearly two weeks ago. She wonders if Isabella is pregnant with Antonio's child. She says to herself, that she hopes, so, because Isabella is more appropriate for her grandson than Gina.

Back at the mental hospital, John, is going through a newspaper, when an image of Anna Patricia comes into his mind, and he says, she is a very beautiful woman.

Meanwhile, Adrianna is at her desk working, when she receives a call on her phone. Helena wants to see her. She sighs. Knowing her aunt, she knows that it will not be a pleasant conversation. Adrianna goes to her aunt's office. Helena is sitting, on her swinging chair, and watches Adrianna come in. Helena says that they have to talk about the influence; Hector, Gina, and Aurelio have on her, and Aranza. Adrianna folds her arms and listens to Helena. Adrianna says that Aurelio is a nice kid and he loves Aranza and is good for her.

Helena adds that they should be wary of the Ortiz's intentions. Adrianna says that she should get to know them instead of being so judgmental. Helena tells Adrianna that she is so trusting and gullible. She adds that she barely knows Hector and she jumped into being in a relationship with him. Adrianna asks her sarcastically if she should be in a relationship with someone she knows so well like Alejandro. Helena tells herself that Adrianna is just like her father, stubborn, a know-it-all, and quite sarcastic.

Later that evening, Anna Patricia, Hector, Gina, and Clara go to visit John.

Elsewhere, Aranza is in her room, packing a few things when her mother comes in. Aranza glares at her but says nothing. Helena says that she should not be going to spend time with other people, so much. Aranza folds her hands and asks why and then adds that it's a win-win situation for both of them because she(Aranza) gets to be out of her (Helena's) way and she(Aranza) gets to be with people she likes. Aranza leaves her mother in her room and walks out. Helena says that Aranza has grown up to be a carbon copy of her father.

Elsewhere, Antonio goes with Gina to his house. She notices he is quiet and asks him about it. He tells her about his mother's death anniversary. She knew it because she had been keeping tabs on him and Adrianna, over the years but she couldn't let him know, because she didn't have a good excuse and she couldn't tell him the truth. She comes and hugs him.

Meanwhile, Hector and Adrianna arrive at his house. He asks her why Helena called her earlier. She tells him. Adrianna adds that her aunt is so judgmental and cold-hearted. He tells her not to worry too much about it.

Meanwhile, Emma notices that Martin is quiet, and pensive, so she asks him about it. He tells her he is worried that his mother is visiting John and becoming too attached. He adds that he is worried she will fall in love with him and he might forget her or decide to go back to his family, once his memory comes back. She tells him that she understands his concerns, but if John recovers and has a relationship with his (Martin's ) mother, they are two adults and are capable of handling their affairs. She adds that if John was married, before the accident, it has been so many years, and his wife has moved on.

Martin says that he must sound overprotective, of his mother, but she suffered and has been unlucky with relationships, first his father died when he was young, and other relationships have failed when she couldn't have other children. Emma says that she understands him. She then asks him if he thinks his grandmother is up to anything. Martin says that she denied, being upto anything, but he knows his grandmother too well. He says that she is kind of like Aranza, and is probably up to something.

Two weeks and some days later, on a Monday,

At Montes de Alba Inc,

Antonio is on his way, to get something from his car when he runs into Isabella. He tries to avoid her, but she comes in front of him. Antonio tells her to leave him alone. Isabella, however, insists that they have to talk. Antonio says they have nothing to talk about, and moves past her. Isabella is however not going to be deterred by Antonio's attitude and blocks his way. She adds that she is pregnant, and the child is his.