CHAPTER 55

On Sunday,

Gina is awake and she is standing at the balcony overlooking Antonio's patio. She wipes away her tears and continues staring out ahead. It is there, that Antonio finds her. He knows she has been crying. What is it that is bothering her, which she doesn't want to talk to him about? Gina turns and starts to walk away. He holds her to stop her from walking off. She looks at him. Antonio asks her why she has been crying. Gina says it is just pregnancy hormones. Antonio does not believe her. He asks her why she is using the pregnancy as an excuse to avoid answering him. Gina denies she is avoiding, answering any questions. She says, she's just afraid of what lies ahead for them and the baby. Antonio knows there is something more. He just can't put his finger on it.

Meanwhile, John is in his room. He is sitting on his bed. Dr.Alves, who was sitting in for a sick colleague, is in his office when nurse Rosalia comes in. She says she wanted to ask him questions about John. He says she can go ahead. Rosalia says that John has made a remarkable recovery and is sane again. She continues and asks what the long-term plan for him is since he still has amnesia, and they need to create space for other patients with more severe cases. Dr.Alves says that she (nurse Rosalia) has just voiced something he has been thinking about.

He adds that they could move John to one of the small self-contained rooms that were built for short staff stays in case it was needed. (When the facility was being built, it was built with around 20, self-contained rooms, in case they were needed, if an emergency or any other such situation arose.) Dr. Alves suggests that they can renovate one for John. He says that he can become like a live-in staff member and they can give him a few tasks to do, to engage his brain and keep him active. Nurse Rosalie says it's a good idea.

Meanwhile, Isabella, calls Antonio. He frowns when he sees it is her but picks up. She asks him if he misses her. He tells her to get to the point. She says that he should be accompanying her to doctor's appointments. Antonio knows Isabella will use the opportunity to frustrate him and get on his nerves but he knows that he cannot make an innocent baby suffer because of that. He asks her when the appointment is. Isabella says she has them on Thursdays in the evening. Antonio frowns but says he will be there most of the time.

Meanwhile, Hector is deep in his own thoughts as well. Adrianna who was still in his room comes out and watches him. What is it? Why is he so sad and withdrawn? She then comes and sits near him. He smiles and kisses her on the forehead.

A little while later, Juan Patricio is at the country club, deep in his own thoughts as well. He is wondering how he will approach Aurelio with the truth, and how he will react. He says Ramon had better not do anything about it or else. Claudia looks at him and asks herself what secret he has been keeping for the past few weeks.

Back to Hector and Adrianna

Hector and Adrianna are about to leave when Marianna calls. Hector frowns but picks it up. Adrianna says she will leave them alone, but Hector puts an arm around her and insists that she stays. Hector picks up the phone. Marianna smiles and asks him why he has taken so long to answer. Hector tells her to get straight to the point. She says that he should be coming with her to appointments.

She adds that the appointment is on Friday. He says he will and asks her if she has anything else to say. Marianna says he is in an unusually bad mood. Hector asks her again if she has anything else to say. Marianna tries to annoy him further but he hangs up. He looks at Adrianna. She is clearly worried about how things with Marianna are getting worse. He hugs her.

Later that night Isabella is at her house when she hears a knock on the door. She opens it and it is Horacio. They move to her large spacious couch and begin to have sex.

On Monday, Aranza and Aurelio report, ready for work. Helena and Carlos are of course, unhappy. Aurelio is taken to the IT department and Aranza to marketing (with Adrianna). They are both to perform minor tasks and assist, as required.