CHAPTER 59

Later in the evening, Anna Patricia, and Armando go to their parents' house. That was the day Clara had wanted for so long to avoid, to have to tell her son the truth, but it was there. It was time to face her demons.

Meanwhile, Aranza and Aurelio are at the park. She asks him, how he feels about what he has just learnt, and about Juan Patricio, given what he knows happened to his grandmother. Aurelio says he cannot respect a man who rapes a woman. Especially when that woman, took care of his sick and ailing grandfather. He says he is ashamed to be related to a beast, like Juan Patricio. He adds that the only good thing in all of this is that Antonio is his cousin.

Back at Ramon and Clara's house, Armando and Anna Patricia, stare at their mother in shock for a second, before they both come to comfort her. Armando asks her what happens next from here. Clara says that they wait for Juan Patricio to tell his family, and then they see what happens next. Anna Patricia, says that he will probably tell them lies and try to discredit her. Clara says she is definitely sure he will.

She then asks her mother if she named her Patricia because of Juan Patricio. Clara looks disgusted by the thought and says that she named her Anna after her own (Clara's) grandmother and Patricia after a priest called father Patricio who was the parish priest at the time she(Clara) was pregnant with her (Anna Patricia).

Armando reminds his sister that today is about him not her, and she should stop asking questions. Anna Patricia looks like she is about to reply with a comeback, but says nothing. Clara tells them not to start their petty arguments. She then looks into her son's eyes and holds his hands. He, says that no one can ever fully understand, the horror she must have gone through. Ramon says that not much will, change because he (Ramon) raised him and he loves him (Armando) and Aurelio very much.

Meanwhile, Aurelio looks at Aranza and says he can tell that she is about to say something insightful. Aranza rolls her eyes and holds his hands. She says that he should never forget that it was Ramon who raised his father and was there to give him (Aurelio) grandfatherly advice. Aranza then continues and says that she is sorry if she sounds crude but it takes more than DNA to be a parent or grandparent, and Juan Patricio is nothing more than a sperm donor.

She adds that another example would be how his mother and aunt love Hector and Gina so much and yet they share no blood while her own mother does not care about her. Aurelio gently strokes her face and says that even with everything going on, he doesn't like seeing her sad. He then leans in and kisses her and she kisses him back.

Later that evening, Antonio and Gina are walking near where she lives. He asks her where she will be when he is at his grandfather's house. Gina folds her hands, looks at him straight in the eye, and asks him why he is asking. Antonio knows fully well how stubborn she is. He knows that is her battle face. He says that he doesn't feel safe or comfortable with her being alone. Gina rolls her eyes and says that he is being melodramatic. She asks him what exactly he is afraid of. Antonio says between Horacio's craziness and his grandfather's threats, he thinks it isn't a good idea. Gina says that she understands his concerns, but that, that there isn't so much need for it.

Antonio looks at her like she is crazy and reminds her that, Horacio, is obsessed with her and his grandfather is unpredictable. He tries to reason with her. He holds up her chin for her to face him and says that he is just trying to keep her and their son safe. He adds that she is pregnant, and even without everything else that is going on, she would still need someone in the house, in case of an emergency. Gina looks like, she is about to argue, but says he has a point, that she can't stay alone while pregnant. She agrees to his request. Antonio says he will ask Aurelio and Aranza to keep her company until he is finished with the meeting.

Friday dawns bright and early,

Adrianna and Aranza are at the Montes De Alba mansion, getting ready for work. Aranza goes to Adrianna's room. Adrianna smiles at her cousin and says her royal nosiness has arrived. Aranza rolls her eyes and pokes Adrianna's arm. Aranza reminds her, that she still has not answered her about the baby's name. Adrianna tells her to sit and then admits, that neither she nor Hector have thought much about it.