CHAPTER 29

Back at the mansion,

Aranza has just finished dressing and is deciding on which shoes to wear when she hears a knock on the door, and her mother comes in. Aranza rolls her eyes knowing that another unpleasant conversation awaits. Helena says that they need to talk. Aranza says that she is listening. Helena says that it is sad that, the great working relationship she and Carlos have with Flavio, and the relationship they have with the Basanez family is being threatened because of a misunderstanding caused by Aurelio. Aranza reminds her mother that it was Mauricio and his friends who drugged her and tried to rape her.

Helena says that it is a small matter that can be dealt with out of court. Aranza tells Helena she is despicable. She adds that she cannot let Mauricio and his friends get away with what they did because they might do it to another woman. Helena tries but fails, to convince Aranza, to drop off the charges, and they continue arguing. Helena in frustration says to herself that she has no other choice, but to resort to her last card. Helena tells Aranza that if she does not drop the charges against Mauricio she will talk to the board of governors at the university and have Aurelio's scholarship revoked.

Helena adds that she will also ensure that Ramon cannot access the subsidized health care he requires because of his stroke. Aranza is shocked. She tells Helena that she is a monster, for wanting to deny Aurelio an education and his sick grandfather, medication. Helena smiles in a menacing tone and says that if Aurelio drops out of university and if his grandfather dies, it will be her fault. Aranza wants to cry. With no other choice, she agrees to Helena's blackmail. Helena warns her not to tell anyone. Helena moves to hug her but; Aranza recoils and tells her to get out of her room.

Back at Montes De Alba Inc, Gina is waiting to enter a lift. It is empty and she enters. Before the lift closes, who else should enter but Isabella? The lift then closes. Gina sighs; this is going to be one long ride. Isabella tries to provoke Gina into an argument. Isabella tells her to enjoy her relationship with Antonio while it lasts because he is hers. Gina ignores her and looks sideways. Isabella forces Gina to face her and tells her that she should not feel high and mighty because even if she is Antonio's girlfriend, she is still a silly townie. Gina swaps Isabella's hand away and tells her to never lay a finger on her again. Gina removes a perfume and powder from her bag and sprays Isabella's face. She then smiles at Isabella's shocked face. The lift opens as they both leave. Colleagues stare at both of them, especially at Isabella.

Meanwhile, Aranza and Helena are at the police station, as Helena forced Aranza to come with her to drop the charges against Mauricio. Flavio is there as well. Aranza plugs in to listen to music on her phone, and to avoid talking to Helena and Flavio. Soon, the officer in charge of the station comes and repeats the charges against Mauricio. He then asks Aranza if she is sure, of her decision to drop the charges, and if she has done it of her own free will. Knowing everyone's eyes in the room including Helena and Carlos are on her, she says she is sure. He then asks for Mauricio to be brought.

Meanwhile, Antonio is with his colleagues in the administration department, when he sees a text from Emma, about Isabella and Gina fighting. Of course, the news spread. What could have led to it? He knows Isabella probably provoked Gina, but Gina has a bit of a temper as well.

Meanwhile, Gina is back at her desk, still ruffled by the encounter with Isabella. Emma, her desk mate, is, there. As the two girls are talking, Marianna comes in. She looks both of them over. She then focuses on Gina. She tells her that finally, her true crazy colors have come out. Emma tells Marianna to shut up and leave. Marianna glares at Emma and tells Gina to contain her cheerleading squad. Emma tells Marianna to take her bitter shrewish ways away. Gina tells Marianna, that she should leave unless she has something to say or do. Marianna continues spoiling for a fight and adds that finally, her lack of class and manners are coming out. Gina tells her, that coming from her that is a compliment.