CHAPTER 19

Meanwhile,

Marianna, Isabella, Alejandro, and Horacio meet. They are meeting at an apartment Alejandro owns. Isabella says that they should come up with a plan that will ensure the breakups are for good. Marianna asks her if they are to drug Antonio and Hector and then pretend to have slept with them, and send pictures to Gina and Adrianna. Isabella says that is not only very common, but it also leaves a window for reconciliation and it is not foolproof. Alejandro asks her what she is planning. Isabella says the one way they can tie Antonio and Hector down and ensure Gina and Adrianna don't forgive them, is to get pregnant.

Isabella has an innocent look on, when Marianna, Alejandro, and Horacio look at her like she has gone completely crazy. Isabella looks around and asks them why they are being so dramatic. She asks Alejandro what else they can think of, that will ensure, Antonio and Hector are tied down to her and Marianna thus leaving Gina and Adrianna free for them. Marianna tells isabella that she sees her point but asks her if she has thought the plan through very well. Isabella says she has. Horacio says that the plan might tie-down and Antonio and Hector but it will tie them down as well because they will be responsible for the children for the next nearly 22 years.

Alejandro asks her if it is a whim or she is serious because people plan to have children they don't have them on whims. He adds that she is reducing the sanctity of pregnancy. Isabella looks at all of them and then shakes her head. She then says that they sound like a bunch of old emotional prudes. Isabella reminds them that they all have a common goal of breaking up Antonio and Gina, and Hector and Adrianna. She says that they have to go for the big one. Horacio asks her for more details of her outrageous plan. Isabella says Horacio, will get her pregnant, and Alejandro will get Marianna pregnant, and then they will blame them on Antonio and Hector. Marianna tells her that she has lost her mind.

Meanwhile, Gina looks at Aranza and Hector as they come in. Martin, Antonio, and Aurelio follow them. They are becoming very close, so close; she cannot help but feel jealous. She and Hector are twins. Gina wonders if Hector will love Aranza more than he loves her. Gina asks to speak to Martin alone. Once they are alone, she asks him what will happen once his mother gets there. Martin tells her not to worry because he is sure, she has that sorted.

Later, they all leave to go to Clara's hotel room. Ramon is still weak, but he is conscious.

Meanwhile, Anna Patricia arrives in the city. Martin goes with Emma to get her. Emma is scared of meeting Martin's mother, but he assures her that his mother is a nice person.

Anna Patricia greets her warmly, as they take her to his house. Martin lives in a one-bedroomed house near where Gina, Hector, and Aurelio live. It is a temporary measure before she gets her accommodation sorted out. It is a small flat, but adequate for him to live in.

Meanwhile, Clara asks Gina where Martin is. Gina looks down but does not answer. Clara asks her again, (she uses her nickname for Gina, princess, and asks her where her aunt is.) Antonio watches Gina struggle to come up with something to tell her grandmother and smiles. Clara is a tough woman, but he can tell she loves her grandchildren especially Gina. Finally, Gina says he went to pick up his mother, (whom Gina and Hector call Aunt Anna just as Aurelio does). Clara laments about how no one listens to her, and how Anna Patricia was always a stubborn child, then goes and sits down.

Later, out of the blue, she tells Gina, Aurelio, and Hector that they should not accompany her to the hospital the next day. Hector looks at her surprised and asks her why. Clara says that they are young, and they should not come to visit every day, they should do whatever it was they were planning to do before Ramon fell sick. Aurelio assures her that it is not a bother. Clara says she has to come because he is her husband, whom she loves and she is fulfilling the vows she made in church, to stick with him in sickness and in health. As the children watch her still shocked, Clara sticks to her guns but assures them she will update them, in case of anything.