CHAPTER 25

Elsewhere, Ramon asks where Anna Patricia, is and Clara says she is outside. He goes to find his daughter. He finds her standing by a tree, lost in her thoughts. He asks her if she is okay, and she says she is. She adds that she was just thinking about her life, about what she should do now that the children are all adults and are all doing their own things. Ramon tells her, that it is never too late to find love again. Anna Patricia looks at her father, shocked. She says she lost all hope of that happening. She adds that after Martin's father died when he was an infant, and her marriage ended because she could not conceive, as well as the few relationships she had since then not working out, she gave up on love. She adds that she is getting old anyway. Ramon looks at her, then says that she is beautiful and deserves to find someone who will love and appreciate her for who she is.

Meanwhile, Adrianna and Hector arrive first at Hector, Gina, and Aurelio's house. Aranza is eating. She insists she is fine and that they should stop fussing over her. She glares at Aurelio and tells him to see what he has caused. Hector tells her that Aurelio did the right thing. Antonio and Gina arrive shortly after. Aranza glares at Aurelio again. As Adrianna and Gina help Aranza, Hector and Antonio, ask Aurelio about what happened. Aurelio asks if he is in trouble. Antonio says he is not, because he rescued her from danger.

Later, they go to Armando and Luisa's house for lunch. Martin, Emma, Ramon, Clara, and Anna Patricia are there as well. Clara asks to speak to Adrianna alone. Adrianna is surprised and a little afraid. What could Clara possibly want to tell her in private? Clara in her typical dramatic fashion says she is no ogre, and that they should all relax. Clara and Adrianna leave and walk out together. Clara tells her to relax. She then says she can tell that she (Adrianna) is a good girl, and she loves Hector. Clara adds that she simply wants to get to know her better. Clara then asks her about herself.

Shortly after, Hector asks Ramon if he thinks Clara and Adrianna have stayed out for too long. Ramon tells him to relax because his grandmother as nosy as she is means no harm.

Meanwhile, back at the mental health facility, the patients are having lunch. John eats quietly and has the same flashback of the young mother with her son.

Sometime later, Gina wonders about John. She wonders what is it about him that evokes feelings of calmness and feeling loved and protected. She feels someone gently tap her shoulders. It's Antonio. Armando asks her if she is feeling well. She says she is. Antonio asks her if it has anything to do with the mental health patient she talked to on Friday. Gina looks at the interest in Emma and Aranza's eyes and knows that she will have some explaining to do. Emma says she should retell the story.

Gina rolls her eyes but does. Aurelio asks her if she is sure the man did nothing before Antonio came. Gina says he didn't try to mishandle or attack her. Aranza says his reaction to her was interesting. Adrianna says that because of his condition, he was not in touch with reality and could not differentiate between people and probably mistook her for someone from his family who looks like her. Adrianna fiddles nervously as everyone is quiet and looks at her. Clara pats Hector on the back and says that he has got good taste because Adrianna is a genius and a keeper.

They spend the whole day there and at the end of the day, Adrianna and Hector leave with Martin and Emma. Also, Antonio and Gina leave with Aurelio and Aranza. Adrianna and Hector take Martin and Emma to Martin's house. Antonio and Gina took Aurelio home first then Aranza.

When they get to his friend's house, Hector says he had no idea that she knew such things. Adrianna says she didn't really want anyone to know because she didn't want any of them to think she was weird. Hector asks her why she thinks they would think she was weird. Adrianna says because most young women her age are into following things like, music, fashion, and celebrity news on social media, but she also loves reading health and romance books and find out what's happening in the world. Hector holds up her chin, for her to face him, and says that he loves her just as she is. He says that she is intelligent, beautiful, and kind and he would not change anything about her.