CHAPTER 30

The next day, a Tuesday reaches. It is very early in the morning. Gina can't explain how she feels. She looks at Antonio still sleeping and smiles. For reasons she can't explain, she is excited about seeing John. She wants her brother to see him so that he can see how much, he resembles their father, and stop thinking she (Gina) is crazy.

Later,

Aurelio has a Class at 8:30am and is at the university by 8 am. He goes towards the male hostels, so he can walk to class with a friend but runs into Mauricio and his gang. His initial reaction is, of course, to be shocked, but he tries to avoid them. They, however, seem ready to gloat and cause trouble. When he reaches, near where they are, Mauricio blocks his path and stares at him menacingly. He sarcastically asks Aurelio if he thought, he would keep him in jail. Aurelio does not answer him. He tries to leave but another of Mauricio's friends blocks his way. Aurelio still does not respond. Mauricio pushes him but Aurelio does nothing. Mauricio then tells him that Aranza dropped the charges. Aurelio looks shocked and turns to leave again, but he is stopped. A security guard comes and stops them from fighting.

Meanwhile back at Montes De Alba Inc.:

Gina is at her desk when she receives a call from the department's supervisor, who says that Helena wants to talk to her. Gina is surprised, but she tells Emma to tell Antonio, then leaves to go and talk to Helena.

Elsewhere,

Adrianna is at her desk, working when she sees a call. It's from Aurelio. Adrianna picks it up. She can tell something is wrong. He asks, her if she knows what's wrong with Aranza. Adrianna tells her that Aranza called her and Antonio separately yesterday and told them she had a headache. Aurelio tells her that he doesn't think, Aranza has a headache. Adrianna asks him what he is talking about. Aurelio tells her that he just saw Mauricio and his friends, a few minutes ago. He then adds that he thinks that how Aranza is acting has to do with Mauricio and his friends being released, and her dropping the charges. Adrianna says that she is surprised to hear that Aranza dropped the charges because she didn't tell her or Antonio, and says she will talk to Aranza about it.

At Helena's office,

Gina takes a deep breath and enters the office. She finds Helena sitting on her chair. Helena tells her to sit on the opposite chair. She then asks Gina, if she knows why she is here. Gina says she thinks it's because of the fight she had with Isabella in the lift the previous day. Helena tells her that was a serious offence and they do not tolerate such shameful acts in there. Gina does not say anything but continues to look at her. Helena adds that personal matters should be kept personal and away from the office and that she doesn't want any scandals such as the previous day's.

Meanwhile, Emma texts Antonio and tells him that Helena called Gina to her office. Antonio knows it's about the fight Gina had with Isabella in the lift. Before he can think about it any further, Adrianna calls him. She tells him that Aurelio told her that Aranza dropped the charges against Mauricio and his friends. Adrianna says she finds it weird, and she is worried about Aranza. Antonio tells her to get Aranza so that the two of them can come to his house, and they can find out what happened. Adrianna then calls Aurelio and tells him that she will talk with Antonio and Aranza later that day, and then they will all see how to proceed from there.

After lunch, Hector and Gina leave for the mental hospital. Gina has asked Emma to cover for her and she was more than happy to do so. Hector also got someone to cover for him. Hector still thinks his sister is being crazy but decides to go ahead, anyway. They meet Roberto, who takes them to Dr. Alves's office. He gives them a summary of John's medical history so far then how John has been in the past few days. He then adds that Gina will be introduced to him first as Hector remains behind the scenes with the doctor and a nurse.