CHAPTER 45

Elsewhere,

Adrianna wakes up and looks at Hector who is still sleeping. She runs her hand through her hair. The reality of being pregnant is still sinking in. Her life is going to have to change, from now on. She says (to herself) that she can't believe that from now on, she is going to be responsible for another life.

Sometime later, Hector drops Adrianna over at Clara and Ramon's house. Clara asks him where Gina is. Hector said Gina said she was feeling unwell and Antonio took her to the doctor. Luisa asks him, if it is serious and Hector says it wasn't, she just woke up feeling a bit unwell. Soon after he leaves with Anna Patricia.

After they leave, Aranza asks Adrianna if she is well. Adrianna looks down, then up again, and says she is. Aranza sits near her, folds her hands, and tells Adrianna she doesn't believe her. Adrianna smiles at Aranza's attempt at being tough.

A little while later, Gina and Antonio are sitting outside the doctor's office. She is still angry at him and has said very little to him. She then says that she would prefer a one on one consultation with the doctor. Antonio looks at her but says that it's fine with him. The doctor comes out and calls Gina.

Meanwhile, Anna Patricia and Hector have arrived to see John at the mental institution. He asks where Gina is. Anna Patricia says Gina is sick and was unable to come. John looks at her and asks if it was serious, and Anna Patricia says that it was not too serious. John says he loves Gina like she was his daughter and doesn't want anything bad to happen to her. He says if he had a daughter, he would want her to be like Gina. He then looks at Hector and says that he should not feel bad, because he (John) loves him like a son. Hector smiles and says that he (John) reminds him of his father.

Meanwhile, Antonio is still at the hospital, waiting for Gina to finish with the doctor. He silently prays to God that what Gina has is not serious. He then has flashbacks of him going to his mother's grave. He then adds that he does not want to lose somebody else he loves very much.

A little later, Emma, who is in Martin's house, has a flashback, of her discussion with Gina the other day, where they talked about Gina possibly being pregnant. Emma wonders if Gina has done the test and if she is actually pregnant. She is busy in her thoughts and doesn't notice, Martin until he comes up behind her and puts his arms around her. She turns and he asks her what she was thinking about.

Emma stammers and says it was nothing. He holds up her chin and says that it clearly wasn't nothing because she was lost deep in her thoughts, and was in another world. Emma paces around and then says it's not exactly her place, to announce it. Martin is officially curious and asks her what she is talking about. Emma hesitates but tells him about the conversation she had with Gina the other day. Emma says that Adrianna had already told her his mother and Hector, went to visit John alone. Martin is a little shocked at the news.

Back at the hospital, Antonio and Gina are in his car. He watches her because she has been unusually quiet since she saw the doctor. He has a flashback of when she came from the doctor's office. She was quiet and held the prescription paper in her hand. She seemed slightly shaken. He couldn't ask her about anything because of a lack of privacy, then but he just hugged her. She laid her head on his shoulder. She then pulled away and said they should go to buy the medicine. He then comes back to the present. He gently strokes her face. She turns up to face him. He says that he couldn't ask her in the hospital, but he would like to know what the doctor told her.

Gina has a flashback of being in the doctor's office. The doctor had just done a bunch of tests on her. Gina is worried and asks the doctor if she is seriously sick. The doctor nods her head and tells her there is nothing to worry about. Gina asks her what the symptoms are about then. The doctor said all of that is normal because she is pregnant. Gina is shocked, she is pregnant? She snaps back to the present. Antonio is still looking at her. He tells her that her silence is worrying him. Finally, Gina says she is not sick. He looks at her like he does not believe a word she says. Antonio says that the symptoms and the medicine prove otherwise.